What if GW3 was...

Blur.3465

> @"Kelly.7019" said:

> No. Gw1 is awful. And by awful i mean its not WoW mechanics. Of course Gw1 isn't WoW. But i loved WoW and played that game during guildwars years. My GW2 guildies said Gw1 was great and i was curious about the lore so i bought the game and found out just the opposite. :( GW1 seems to be more a solo player game outside the cities with NPCs as your exploring friends, where GW2 is a true mmo more similar to WoW.

>

> One thing i would change in GW2 is the ability to swap your skills around. For me Keybinding just isn't enough. And the fact the UI is keybound the same to all your toons makes it worse. If you could swap some Fkeys skills on ranger/ guardian/ ele - it would be more customizable (and better for my playstyle. heh) and be able to keybind separeatly for each toon.

>

> Also i'd like to be able to lock out windows from opening during combat. Please do that. It sucks when u accidentally open one and then for 1/2 a secodn forget the keybind (heh) and get murderd cause u can't see anything. Sorry, i don't have small, tiny hands. WASD doesn't work for me.

>

>

Not every MMO suppose to be WoW. Unbind your hotkeys for UI windows, helps well.

> Not every MMO suppose to be WoW. Unbind your hotkeys for UI windows, helps well.

yea, easymode way i guess, but i'd still like a lock function that's already possible with skills in combat, just make it for windows too, seems not too far fetched.

looking back on it, true maybe u can interact with others outside cities in gw1, just was so empty when i tried it, seemed sad.

But WoW was amazing for someone who came from Super Mario Brothers on a Super Nintendo. Oh and the super nintendo was a garage sale item, my parents woulnd't buy me up to date expensive good stuff. lol but Yea that was best graphics i had seen b4 wow. ~~but hey you could still jump in mario brothers but could not in the more advanced Gw1. :(

> @"Kelly.7019" said:

> > Not every MMO suppose to be WoW. Unbind your hotkeys for UI windows, helps well.

> yea, easymode way i guess, but i'd still like a lock function that's already possible with skills in combat, just make it for windows too, seems not too far fetched.

>

>

> looking back on it, true maybe u can interact with others outside cities in gw1, just was so empty when i tried it, seemed sad.

>

> But WoW was amazing for someone who came from Super Mario Brothers on a Super Nintendo. Oh and the super nintendo was a garage sale item, my parents woulnd't buy me up to date expensive good kitten. lol but Yea that was best graphics i had seen b4 wow. ~~but hey you could still jump in mario brothers but could not Gw1. :(

>

I dunno I tried GW1 and its 'slow' for me. Tho my first MMO was Rangarok Online, I'm spoiled with other more modern MMOs (e.g Tera, RO) I need the action combat, hard to get back on tabbing and such, don't want to. :)

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> So basically you want GW3 to be GW1 with better graphics. No thanks GW1 is still there if you want to play it.

I hope Anet makes GW3 different and ditches GW2 like they did GW1 and that when you complain about it we answer you with: No thanks, GW2 is still there if you want to play it. I seriously can't wait that day fast enough

Realistically, GW1 is now an old game and it's nearly impossible to go back to it. There's no flow of new content, the game isn't growing anymore.

Some of us can just go there, login to get reminded of things we missed and log out. I know I can't get myself to play in the past anymore and that future is out there, waiting for me.

That being said, as I mentioned earlier, I really feel sad that GW2 didn't manage to capture the feel, atmosphere and soul of GW1. GW1 was the first game that made GW popular to begin with, so of course many of us who play GW2 come from the original game, and many of us indeed miss the feel GW1 had, which GW2 did not transfer over from GW1.

As we know, the idea of GW3 is just something we can 'think of', and not something that is needed - realistically looking. GW2 can still work on fixing a couple of things and ensuring the game grows of course.

I love GW2 and I am really having a great time playing it, but of course I like to voice my opinion on what I'm missing and what I'd like to see changed or added to the game.

One of those things is the atmosphere and feel of GW1 and the darker, deeper story.

By all means, GW1 was not a horror game, horror has nothing to do with darker/deeper story. It's like saying LotR is a horror film because it is a serious book and film with incredible depth. It's just that GW2 story could really do with a more serious tone and depth to it.

One can imagine and wish some things, no crime or harm done in that, which is the point of this thread, to imagine what we'd all love to see at some point ^^