For the people who wants Gw3. Are you kidding me?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"Gaberen.4325" said:

> > Would rather have the original Guild Wars remastered

>

> Absolutely.

>

> Releasing GW3 would be the last nail in ANet's coffin.

> Maybe another new game would succeed but not something with Guild Wars attached to it, exception being the first game remastered - a better game combatwise with a lot of e-sport potential.

>

> Regarding the balance being the reason for a new game, while I agree balance is awful (it's more like the skill and trait design is awful in the first place, that's what you get when you dumb down the game so much that a skill does 5 things+ on their own), it's not something a new game would solve, remember one of the reasons to move to GW2 was that GW was turning a hell to balance and we all know how that turned out.

Gw had a good combat in 2005

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"Gaberen.4325" said:

> > > Would rather have the original Guild Wars remastered

> >

> > Absolutely.

> >

> > Releasing GW3 would be the last nail in ANet's coffin.

> > Maybe another new game would succeed but not something with Guild Wars attached to it, exception being the first game remastered - a better game combatwise with a lot of e-sport potential.

> >

> > Regarding the balance being the reason for a new game, while I agree balance is awful (it's more like the skill and trait design is awful in the first place, that's what you get when you dumb down the game so much that a skill does 5 things+ on their own), it's not something a new game would solve, remember one of the reasons to move to GW2 was that GW was turning a hell to balance and we all know how that turned out.

>

> Gw had a good combat in 2005

Still has.

The fact that you can move while casting and dodge roll doesn't make a combat system good.

Specially when everything is a cluster kitten of effects and when skill design is pitiful.

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > @"Gaberen.4325" said:

> > > > Would rather have the original Guild Wars remastered

> > >

> > > Absolutely.

> > >

> > > Releasing GW3 would be the last nail in ANet's coffin.

> > > Maybe another new game would succeed but not something with Guild Wars attached to it, exception being the first game remastered - a better game combatwise with a lot of e-sport potential.

> > >

> > > Regarding the balance being the reason for a new game, while I agree balance is awful (it's more like the skill and trait design is awful in the first place, that's what you get when you dumb down the game so much that a skill does 5 things+ on their own), it's not something a new game would solve, remember one of the reasons to move to GW2 was that GW was turning a hell to balance and we all know how that turned out.

> >

> > Gw had a good combat in 2005

>

> Still has.

> The fact that you can move while casting and dodge roll doesn't make a combat system good.

> Specially when everything is a cluster kitten of effects and when skill design is pitiful.

Destoying entire packs with overpowered abilities isnt even.

The gw2 combat is perfectly fine and in cases superior to that of gw1. Its problemes are problems that could happen with any mmo asuch as overuse of aoe.

Effects are w/e thats not a failure of the combat its a failure of the effect themselves.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > @"Gaberen.4325" said:

> > > > > Would rather have the original Guild Wars remastered

> > > >

> > > > Absolutely.

> > > >

> > > > Releasing GW3 would be the last nail in ANet's coffin.

> > > > Maybe another new game would succeed but not something with Guild Wars attached to it, exception being the first game remastered - a better game combatwise with a lot of e-sport potential.

> > > >

> > > > Regarding the balance being the reason for a new game, while I agree balance is awful (it's more like the skill and trait design is awful in the first place, that's what you get when you dumb down the game so much that a skill does 5 things+ on their own), it's not something a new game would solve, remember one of the reasons to move to GW2 was that GW was turning a hell to balance and we all know how that turned out.

> > >

> > > Gw had a good combat in 2005

> >

> > Still has.

> > The fact that you can move while casting and dodge roll doesn't make a combat system good.

> > Specially when everything is a cluster kitten of effects and when skill design is pitiful.

>

> Destoying entire packs with overpowered abilities isnt even.

>

> The gw2 combat is perfectly fine and in cases superior to that of gw1. Its problemes are problems that could happen with any mmo asuch as overuse of aoe.

>

> Effects are w/e thats not a failure of the combat its a failure of the effect themselves.

Disagree, the only thing better is the combat movement, it fails in every other place, the culprit is the skill design, as I said above skills do too much for the effort and risk, I mean is there even any risky skill in game, every skill brings a safety net imbued.

Then comes the absurd powercreep balance, too much of everything, heals, damage, condis, condi cleanses, boons.

When you need to see the animations in order to know how to react but they aren't visible due to an insane amount of particle effects then it interferes with combat.

Not with the intent of dividing the player base, but GW2 has a lot of really good and a lot of pretty bad.

A fresh start with better integration of ideas would be awesome. Imagine some of the fantastic things that could be done right from the beginning:

Crafting and itemization that isn't a completely grindy mess of attribute clusters. Attributes that *mean things* for gameplay.

Profession structures with more meaning and intent, better boon dispersal, and a class expansion plan that isn't a 3.0 iteration, integrated from the start.

A waaay better graphics engine and multi-core threading.

A flash-forward for story that gives it a fresh start as well. Character writing was really hit or miss.

Establishing gear/talents in a way that allows build templates. (Look at FFXIV just as an example.)

Taking what was learned about WvW and PvP and make it better from the outset.

Refine existing concepts to make a smoother combat system that still allows statuses to be effective. (Defiance and Stability especially.)

*Building encounters for the game they have, not just the MMO tropes.* Encounter design really missed the boat, and it regressed terribly after raids showed up.

I'm not braying at the moon for GW3, but it would be fantastic to see what could be improved with a fresh slate.

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > @"Gaberen.4325" said:

> > > > Would rather have the original Guild Wars remastered

> > >

> > > Absolutely.

> > >

> > > Releasing GW3 would be the last nail in ANet's coffin.

> > > Maybe another new game would succeed but not something with Guild Wars attached to it, exception being the first game remastered - a better game combatwise with a lot of e-sport potential.

> > >

> > > Regarding the balance being the reason for a new game, while I agree balance is awful (it's more like the skill and trait design is awful in the first place, that's what you get when you dumb down the game so much that a skill does 5 things+ on their own), it's not something a new game would solve, remember one of the reasons to move to GW2 was that GW was turning a hell to balance and we all know how that turned out.

> >

> > Gw had a good combat in 2005

>

> Still has.

> The fact that you can move while casting and dodge roll doesn't make a combat system good.

> Specially when everything is a cluster kitten of effects and when skill design is pitiful.

Yeah, that's why I don't do structured group content in GW2. In other games I was a pretty dedicated raid healer. In this game I'm a casual solo player.