Asur.9178

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > @"getalifeturd.8139" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > Think I can speak for most mesmers when I say that would have prefer GW1 type of mesmer instead of this one as well.

> > > > > > > But since you played both, how hard do you think the qq would be if mesmer was like the previous one?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_hex_spells

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I can only imagine the Q.Q in this game if players were punished for spamming skills. Empathy and Insidious Parasite would hard counter melee. Backfire and Arcane Conundrum would make casters rage. Visions of Regret and Spiteful Spirit would make zergs cry and ragequit the game forever. And those are only some of the many things that made Guild Wars 1 more of an Esport than this game will ever be.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > In Guild Wars 1 there was no stealth.....no reflect...no low CD teleport..no distortion...no clones...basically 90% of GW2 mesmers would insta die in GW1 but most of all....**nobody could jump on mesmer and next day spam laugh/dance emotes thinking of being ESL champions**

> > > >

> > > > All true but GW1 mesmer was way more deadly and annoying than GW2 counterpart.

> > > > Forums would explode from all qq. "Empathy op, backfire op, visions of regret op, wastrel's worry op". "omg what am I supposed to do, if I attack/cast I die if I don't attack/cast I die ANet nerf please". "perma rupted isn't fun ANet nerf please" and so on

> > >

> > > Again...no stealth and clones allow for massive counterplay regardless of what the mesmer was running.....

> >

> > Clones have counterplay, they die in one auto attack.

> > There's a reason mesmers want a cloneless spec, clones provide defense for a split sec while you're targeting the mesmer yeah, but they're a nuisance for the mesmers themselves, kill clones and the mesmer damage is turns pathetically low.

> > As for stealth I can count with the fingers of one hand the amount of people that wants stealth removed from the game and I'm one of them, there's not single mmo that has a good stealth system, stealth is a kitten mechanic.

> >

> > And again, GW1 mes in GW2 would make the forums explode from all the qq.

>

> Clones dieing in one autoattack must mean you're running some sort of super glass spec...which typically lack any resemblance of reasonable condi removal against mesmer, killing clones to negate the mesmers was a possible counterplay during 2013..before the whole powercreep started.

>

> You keep mentioning GW1 like a typical domination mesmer was any serious threat, again there was massive counterplay in GW1, all you needed to do against a dom mesmer was to wear him down as his only offensive was I believe a couple hexes and in GW1 there was a max of -8 degenaration and you could cover it with 7-8+ regeneration easily, after that fake cast low energy cost skills and hit the mesmer with your big hits...mesmer was down np.

>

> In no shape or form was the mesmer in Gw1 OP, annoying af to deal with for certain but the class was well designed with clear weaknesses that could be exploited by an attentive player on any of the other 8 classes.

>

> The fake casting/ defensive-swap was one of the most loved nuances of GW1...not like the macroed insta burst kitten of GW2, I am sorry but in terms of design GW2 is hundreds of miles behind GW1...no comparison whatsoever

Clones are squishy whatever your build is. They will just melt with cleave and aoe, and when they do, mesmer damage is lowered by a lot.

Do you see how much people cry about confusion? Now imagine a new spammable condi that deals damage if you don't use a skill, now revert the power block nerf and scale it either with power and condi (so you can have confusion new condi and good pb damage all at once) and finally imagine the uproar on forums. That was dom mesmer in gw1. It was op on the previous game? No, because gw1 was leaps ahead in terms of balance and it was a team play game while gw2 balance is bad and it's basically a single player game in a multiplayer set.

And I totally agree with your last bit, gw1 puts gw2 to shame.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Which is funny since I started trying condi mirage in pvp again recently, after playing almost exclusively warrior last season. And I have to say, Mirage is pretty brain dead. All I'm doing is spamming skills and evade. It's funny how it was scourge initially that was brain dead, but now its mirage. Calling incoming nerfs to mirage cloak and related traits/skills.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > @"getalifeturd.8139" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > Think I can speak for most mesmers when I say that would have prefer GW1 type of mesmer instead of this one as well.

> > > > > > > But since you played both, how hard do you think the qq would be if mesmer was like the previous one?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_hex_spells

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I can only imagine the Q.Q in this game if players were punished for spamming skills. Empathy and Insidious Parasite would hard counter melee. Backfire and Arcane Conundrum would make casters rage. Visions of Regret and Spiteful Spirit would make zergs cry and ragequit the game forever. And those are only some of the many things that made Guild Wars 1 more of an Esport than this game will ever be.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > In Guild Wars 1 there was no stealth.....no reflect...no low CD teleport..no distortion...no clones...basically 90% of GW2 mesmers would insta die in GW1 but most of all....**nobody could jump on mesmer and next day spam laugh/dance emotes thinking of being ESL champions**

> > > >

> > > > All true but GW1 mesmer was way more deadly and annoying than GW2 counterpart.

> > > > Forums would explode from all qq. "Empathy op, backfire op, visions of regret op, wastrel's worry op". "omg what am I supposed to do, if I attack/cast I die if I don't attack/cast I die ANet nerf please". "perma rupted isn't fun ANet nerf please" and so on

> > >

> > > Again...no stealth and clones allow for massive counterplay regardless of what the mesmer was running.....

> >

> > Clones have counterplay, they die in one auto attack.

> > There's a reason mesmers want a cloneless spec, clones provide defense for a split sec while you're targeting the mesmer yeah, but they're a nuisance for the mesmers themselves, kill clones and the mesmer damage is turns pathetically low.

> > As for stealth I can count with the fingers of one hand the amount of people that wants stealth removed from the game and I'm one of them, there's not single mmo that has a good stealth system, stealth is a kitten mechanic.

> >

> > And again, GW1 mes in GW2 would make the forums explode from all the qq.

>

> Clones dieing in one autoattack must mean you're running some sort of super glass spec...which typically lack any resemblance of reasonable condi removal against mesmer, killing clones to negate the mesmers was a possible counterplay during 2013..before the whole powercreep started.

Huh?

Clones have a set health of 2,433 in PvP and don't inherit vitality. That's not exactly an explosive impossible amount of damage these days.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > > @"getalifeturd.8139" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > Think I can speak for most mesmers when I say that would have prefer GW1 type of mesmer instead of this one as well.

> > > > > > > > But since you played both, how hard do you think the qq would be if mesmer was like the previous one?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_hex_spells

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I can only imagine the Q.Q in this game if players were punished for spamming skills. Empathy and Insidious Parasite would hard counter melee. Backfire and Arcane Conundrum would make casters rage. Visions of Regret and Spiteful Spirit would make zergs cry and ragequit the game forever. And those are only some of the many things that made Guild Wars 1 more of an Esport than this game will ever be.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In Guild Wars 1 there was no stealth.....no reflect...no low CD teleport..no distortion...no clones...basically 90% of GW2 mesmers would insta die in GW1 but most of all....**nobody could jump on mesmer and next day spam laugh/dance emotes thinking of being ESL champions**

> > > > >

> > > > > All true but GW1 mesmer was way more deadly and annoying than GW2 counterpart.

> > > > > Forums would explode from all qq. "Empathy op, backfire op, visions of regret op, wastrel's worry op". "omg what am I supposed to do, if I attack/cast I die if I don't attack/cast I die ANet nerf please". "perma rupted isn't fun ANet nerf please" and so on

> > > >

> > > > Again...no stealth and clones allow for massive counterplay regardless of what the mesmer was running.....

> > >

> > > Clones have counterplay, they die in one auto attack.

> > > There's a reason mesmers want a cloneless spec, clones provide defense for a split sec while you're targeting the mesmer yeah, but they're a nuisance for the mesmers themselves, kill clones and the mesmer damage is turns pathetically low.

> > > As for stealth I can count with the fingers of one hand the amount of people that wants stealth removed from the game and I'm one of them, there's not single mmo that has a good stealth system, stealth is a kitten mechanic.

> > >

> > > And again, GW1 mes in GW2 would make the forums explode from all the qq.

> >

> > Clones dieing in one autoattack must mean you're running some sort of super glass spec...which typically lack any resemblance of reasonable condi removal against mesmer, killing clones to negate the mesmers was a possible counterplay during 2013..before the whole powercreep started.

>

> Huh?

>

> Clones have a set health of 2,433 in PvP and don't inherit vitality. That's not exactly an explosive impossible amount of damage these days.

Back then it was way more difficult to attain three clones.

Take back when I played mesmer (2012-2015) especially before illusionary persona was made baseline. You had, GS 2+4 sword 3 and dodge. That's it. To be able to kill stuff like D/D eles, you GS 4d (out of combat) into weapon swap sword 3, swap and f3 to stack vuln after ele left water. Swap back into GS for the famed GS burst.

Compare that to the wheelchair spec that is mirage.

Also, try tagging me in posts you write about me in the future. Also stop making shit up.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > > > @"getalifeturd.8139" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > Think I can speak for most mesmers when I say that would have prefer GW1 type of mesmer instead of this one as well.

> > > > > > > > > But since you played both, how hard do you think the qq would be if mesmer was like the previous one?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_hex_spells

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I can only imagine the Q.Q in this game if players were punished for spamming skills. Empathy and Insidious Parasite would hard counter melee. Backfire and Arcane Conundrum would make casters rage. Visions of Regret and Spiteful Spirit would make zergs cry and ragequit the game forever. And those are only some of the many things that made Guild Wars 1 more of an Esport than this game will ever be.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > In Guild Wars 1 there was no stealth.....no reflect...no low CD teleport..no distortion...no clones...basically 90% of GW2 mesmers would insta die in GW1 but most of all....**nobody could jump on mesmer and next day spam laugh/dance emotes thinking of being ESL champions**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All true but GW1 mesmer was way more deadly and annoying than GW2 counterpart.

> > > > > > Forums would explode from all qq. "Empathy op, backfire op, visions of regret op, wastrel's worry op". "omg what am I supposed to do, if I attack/cast I die if I don't attack/cast I die ANet nerf please". "perma rupted isn't fun ANet nerf please" and so on

> > > > >

> > > > > Again...no stealth and clones allow for massive counterplay regardless of what the mesmer was running.....

> > > >

> > > > Clones have counterplay, they die in one auto attack.

> > > > There's a reason mesmers want a cloneless spec, clones provide defense for a split sec while you're targeting the mesmer yeah, but they're a nuisance for the mesmers themselves, kill clones and the mesmer damage is turns pathetically low.

> > > > As for stealth I can count with the fingers of one hand the amount of people that wants stealth removed from the game and I'm one of them, there's not single mmo that has a good stealth system, stealth is a kitten mechanic.

> > > >

> > > > And again, GW1 mes in GW2 would make the forums explode from all the qq.

> > >

> > > Clones dieing in one autoattack must mean you're running some sort of super glass spec...which typically lack any resemblance of reasonable condi removal against mesmer, killing clones to negate the mesmers was a possible counterplay during 2013..before the whole powercreep started.

> >

> > Huh?

> >

> > Clones have a set health of 2,433 in PvP and don't inherit vitality. That's not exactly an explosive impossible amount of damage these days.

>

> Back then it was way more difficult to attain three clones.

>

> Take back when I played mesmer (2012-2015) especially before illusionary persona was made baseline. You had, GS 2+4 sword 3 and dodge. That's it. To be able to kill stuff like D/D eles, you GS 4d (out of combat) into weapon swap sword 3, swap and f3 to stack vuln after ele left water. Swap back into GS for the famed GS burst.

> Compare that to the wheelchair spec that is mirage.

>

> Also, try tagging me in posts you write about me in the future. Also stop making kitten up.

You're seriously still annoyed about me mentioning you saying you liked fighting core mesmer in that other thread? Dude that was like a week ago.

Stealth+Clones+Teleports is a bit too much, with just a little bit of skill it is impossible to immediatly tell the player from the clones, which isn't bad in itself, that's probably how the class is meant to be for pvp, but considering the high mobility, invulnerability uptime, access to portals and damage output the class has it sometimes feels a bit unfair in 1v1.

In teamfights on the other hand it's about fine, the burst can be annoying but ofc there are ways to deal with that.

If i were to change something with the class, i'd probably hit cds a bit, maybe giving something to help in teamfights a little in return.

> @"Aplethoraof.2643" said:

> > @"Supreme.4051" said:

> > just get your kitten together anet and balance mirage already

>

> Balance mirage like you balanced scourge.

>

> SPREAD THE PAIN, all aboard the nerf train. WOOP WOOP.

I dont get this 'logic'

X class didnt get nerfed so when Y class is overperforming it also should not be nerfed?

What kind of logic is this. What kind of irrational thought process do you need to say something like that? like. Wat.

If you where actually trying to make the game a better place, you'd WANT more nerfs to stuff thats overperfoming. Its almost like you WANT the game to be unhealthy and favoured one sided. Its almost like you want to keep mesmer broken.