RedBull article

> @"Glaurung.1076" said:

> Yeah i would love to know about that too, also are we going straight to season 5 and why is that? Last time i heard there was supposed to be an expansion after season 4. A bit of communication wont hurt.

They never said there would be an expansion after season 4, the only thing they have told us is season 5 comes directly after season 4. But If this is the last episode, I would've liked having a proper ending with a small ''Season 5 something something'' comes soon.

• ArenaNet Staff

Is it?

Regarding moving from Season 4 to Season 5, we announced this in the 6th Anniversary Celebration Video. We talked about wanting to release expansion level stories and features over the next couple years. Our goal is to create powerful moments like the final instance of this episode that are a culmination of multiple departments and raise the bar for what it means to be a Guild Wars 2 experience.

> @"Mike Zadorojny.7058" said:

> Is it?

>

> Regarding moving from Season 4 to Season 5, we announced this in the 6th Anniversary Celebration Video. We talked about wanting to release expansion level stories and features over the next couple years. Our goal is to create powerful moments like the final instance of this episode that are a culmination of multiple departments and raise the bar for what it means to be a Guild Wars 2 experience.

Oh dayum...

> Is it?

>

> Regarding moving from Season 4 to Season 5, we announced this in the 6th Anniversary Celebration Video. We talked about wanting to release expansion level stories and features over the next couple years. Our goal is to create powerful moments like the final instance of this episode that are a culmination of multiple departments and raise the bar for what it means to be a Guild Wars 2 experience.

Thank you for the answer :) I'm quite pleased.

> @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > @"Mike Zadorojny.7058" said:

> > Is it?

> >

> > Regarding moving from Season 4 to Season 5, we announced this in the 6th Anniversary Celebration Video. We talked about wanting to release expansion level stories and features over the next couple years. Our goal is to create powerful moments like the final instance of this episode that are a culmination of multiple departments and raise the bar for what it means to be a Guild Wars 2 experience.

>

> Thank you for the answer :) I'm quite pleased.

Did you actually understand what he said? Was it a "Yes, it's the last Episode" or a "No, it's not the last Episode"?

> Is it?

>

Are elite specializations in the table as part of a living story season?

> Is it?

>

How will that impact any possible production of an expansion or other expansion sized projects? Lw is cool and all but it really doesn get the word out as expansions do or other projects of that magnitude.

Is there even an expansion in the works? During the post hot period we had the knowledge of more teams working on diff porjects. Now we are left in the dark and that brews uncertainty for the game and its direction.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Is it?

> >

> > Regarding moving from Season 4 to Season 5, we announced this in the 6th Anniversary Celebration Video. We talked about wanting to release expansion level stories and features over the next couple years. Our goal is to create powerful moments like the final instance of this episode that are a culmination of multiple departments and raise the bar for what it means to be a Guild Wars 2 experience.

>

> How will that impact any possible production of an expansion or other expansion sized projects? Lw is cool and all but it really doesn get the word out as expansions do or other projects of that magnitude.

>

> Is there even an expansion in the works? During the post hot period we had the knowledge of more teams working on diff porjects. Now we are left in the dark that that brews uncertainty in the game and its direction.

>

>

I agree, I don’t understand why the future of the game is shrouded in mystery, I think it would instill a lot of confidence in the community if we had some idea as to where the game was headed, and if we will only be getting LS from here on out, what is the rest of the studio working on? And why abandon expansions if they have been very successful so far?

> Is it?

>

Could we know at least if there is any expansion been working on, or if you think about working on it? As a veteran player with most of the content done, I feel that waiting +-3 months to get a LW patch is a hell of time, I like expansions because you get big content at once (also elite specs, etc.) even if I have to pay (I'd really pay for more frequent content). I like your game so much, but while im not a casual player, I feel that for me content delivery is slow. I really would like to get an expansion, not LW patchs forever (or at least make them repeteable with good rewards, not do X maps for 1 week and forget :/)

> @"Titan.8215" said:

> > Is it?

> >

>

> (I'd really pay for more frequent content).

If only more ppl shared that sentiment.

> Is it?

>

Hey Mike Z, I was really impressed by the recent story instance. The concept of LS5 as a pseudo-expansion fascinates me, and I look forward to see how it is pulled off. (I imagine the toughest part is marketing it to non-consumers...)

However, as a fan, I do have some requests for Season 5:

1. Can you change the character select screen pleeeeease? I love PoF a ton, but if we're moving into a new era of GW2, then a new character select screen would be kinda nice.

2. Keep the elite specs rolling! We love 'em!

3. New masteries!

4. New guild halls pleeeeease? Two out of three are currently sandy/desert, while the third is a gaudy cave of gold. (My personal wish list is a snowy guild hall, where I can use all my wintersday decorations appropriately...)

Just to name a few features I expect from an expansion.

> Is it?

>

Will Guild Wars 2 be making enough money by doing this, though? I guess LWS1 and LWS2 were fine for that.

I do hope there will still be expansions. Even if you can release all of the same features through the drip of the Living World, there is just nothing like the rush of striking out toward some massive new world all at once.

LW makes me feel big, like the center of the universe. But this game is at its greatest when it makes me feel small. Expansions make me feel small, and it's amazing.

> Is it?

>

Does it mean there is no more expansions and the expansion content level will be divided in the next Seasons?