The insane material cost of the Diviner Insignia [Resolved]

It takes 100 branded masses and 5 exquisite serpentine jewels to make ONE insignia. Branded masses seem to be really scarce with no effective means to farm them in mass. The jewels on the otherhand apparently are only obtainable as a POTENTIAL drop from the Thunderhead meta. Really? This can't be the intended material cost. It will take weeks, if not months of farming Thunderhead to craft a single armor set of Diviner gear. Please reduce the cost on this Anet. [https://imgur.com/a/1iHn4Ht](https://imgur.com/a/1iHn4Ht "https://imgur.com/a/1iHn4Ht")

You get the jewels from looting the dwarven catacombs also (you get the key to the catacombs from the north&south meta), I got 6 jewels in total just by doing the 2 metas and looting the catacombs (1 jewel from south meta, 5 from catacombs) so the material cost is really quite fine.

> @"Cirdane.7318" said:

> You get the jewels from looting the dwarven catacombs also (you get the key to the catacombs from the north&south meta), I got 6 jewels in total just by doing the 2 metas and looting the catacombs (1 jewel from south meta, 5 from catacombs) so the material cost is really quite fine.

What about in a few months when the map is as dead as kourna?

agree, would solve a lot of the issues if serpentite were tradeable like all the other equivalent materials (freshwater pearls, maguuma lily’s, black diamonds, intact mosaic’s etc.) as opposed to being the ONLY jewel of this type in the game thats account bound for some reason (only reason i can see is to generate additional frustration for players)

> @"Tammuz.7361" said:

> agree, would solve a lot of the issues if serpentite were tradeable like all the other equivalent materials (freshwater pearls, maguuma lily’s, black diamonds, intact mosaic’s etc.) as opposed to being the ONLY jewel of this type in the game thats account bound for some reason (only reason i can see is to generate additional frustration for players)

Yeah as far as I can tell they are timegated by the dwarven chests and rng. Its really frustrating

> @"elitegamerz.4965" said:

> > @"Cirdane.7318" said:

> > You get the jewels from looting the dwarven catacombs also (you get the key to the catacombs from the north&south meta), I got 6 jewels in total just by doing the 2 metas and looting the catacombs (1 jewel from south meta, 5 from catacombs) so the material cost is really quite fine.

>

> What about in a few months when the map is as dead as kourna?

If the new maps are designed the same way as the LW S3 maps were, then all the events are balanced around being doable with 5 people so that the maps can be done by a small group of players if they become deserted.

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"elitegamerz.4965" said:

> > > @"Cirdane.7318" said:

> > > You get the jewels from looting the dwarven catacombs also (you get the key to the catacombs from the north&south meta), I got 6 jewels in total just by doing the 2 metas and looting the catacombs (1 jewel from south meta, 5 from catacombs) so the material cost is really quite fine.

> >

> > What about in a few months when the map is as dead as kourna?

>

>

> If the new maps are designed the same way as the LW S3 maps were, then all the events are balanced around being doable with 5 people so that the maps can be done by a small group of players if they become deserted.

The group events do not appear to be balanced around 5 people (or small groups) in this particular map

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > @"elitegamerz.4965" said:

> > > > @"Cirdane.7318" said:

> > > > You get the jewels from looting the dwarven catacombs also (you get the key to the catacombs from the north&south meta), I got 6 jewels in total just by doing the 2 metas and looting the catacombs (1 jewel from south meta, 5 from catacombs) so the material cost is really quite fine.

> > >

> > > What about in a few months when the map is as dead as kourna?

> >

> >

> > If the new maps are designed the same way as the LW S3 maps were, then all the events are balanced around being doable with 5 people so that the maps can be done by a small group of players if they become deserted.

>

> The group events do not appear to be balanced around 5 people (or small groups) in this particular map

Well that sucks, hopefully at least an organized small group or at least a group of 10 will be fine.

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > @"elitegamerz.4965" said:

> > > > > @"Cirdane.7318" said:

> > > > > You get the jewels from looting the dwarven catacombs also (you get the key to the catacombs from the north&south meta), I got 6 jewels in total just by doing the 2 metas and looting the catacombs (1 jewel from south meta, 5 from catacombs) so the material cost is really quite fine.

> > > >

> > > > What about in a few months when the map is as dead as kourna?

> > >

> > >

> > > If the new maps are designed the same way as the LW S3 maps were, then all the events are balanced around being doable with 5 people so that the maps can be done by a small group of players if they become deserted.

> >

> > The group events do not appear to be balanced around 5 people (or small groups) in this particular map

>

> Well that sucks, hopefully at least an organized small group or at least a group of 10 will be fine.

It requires multiple groups at different defending different points to succeed

> It takes 100 branded masses and 5 exquisite serpentine jewels to make ONE insignia. Branded masses seem to be really scarce with no effective means to farm them in mass. The jewels on the otherhand apparently are only obtainable as a POTENTIAL drop from the Thunderhead meta. Really? This can't be the intended material cost. It will take weeks, if not months of farming Thunderhead to craft a single armor set of Diviner gear. Please reduce the cost on this Anet. [https://imgur.com/a/1iHn4Ht](https://imgur.com/a/1iHn4Ht "https://imgur.com/a/1iHn4Ht")

So you are saying that something highly desirable in Guild Wars 2 is going to take some grind?

Yeah that never happens

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > Where did you folks find the armor insignia recipe? the volatile magic vendor is only selling the weapon inscription

>

> A random merchant literally called "merchant". I think its a bug that its not on the VM one

Why don't you share with us where this "Merchant" fellow is?