Does Siren's Reef still exist?

Fenom.9457

Just wondering if the literal island still exists on Tyria. Would be amazing to see it in a future map! The fractal is amazing, channeling a pirate feel and seafaring adventure we've never really seen in the game. Maybe I'm biased because of how much I love pirates of the Caribbean, but this is easily my fav fractal (am I the only one who desperately wants a POTC/general pirate themed expansion?)

From our writer on this fractal Alex Kain:

"Considering the events of the Fractal take place in the distant past, it’s never a certainty whether these places are still around to this day. Perhaps we may return to the island, should the need arise. But until then, this glimpse into the island’s past is the only way to experience it!"

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > From our writer on this fractal Alex Kain:

> >

> > "Considering the events of the Fractal take place in the distant past

> Some do, some don't. Thaumanova and the four LS1 fractals for example are all _very_ recent. So is Nightmare.

>

>

I assume he means this fractal.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > > From our writer on this fractal Alex Kain:

> > >

> > > "Considering the events of the Fractal take place in the distant past

> > Some do, some don't. Thaumanova and the four LS1 fractals for example are all _very_ recent. So is Nightmare.

> >

> >

>

> I assume he means this fractal.

...indeed, i have somehow missed the fact that there was no trailing "s". In that case, i stand corrected.