Please Change the Laruel Requirement

It doesn't make sense to have a Laruel requirement for the stuff in the new map, if you want people to play on your map it should require the new map currency, because at this point what were creating here is no incentive to really play on the map other than for achievement and to do the story, whats the point in that, as that feels like wasted content then if the map quickly dies out due to lack of long term incentive or incentive in general. There's no other way to earn laruels at the moment so right now this feels like a slap in the face because its like ooo new map oh wait gotta have laruels but I just spent mine on x, y and z so I have none so I dont get to work towards any of the new weapons or gear stats, doesn't seem right does it?

> @"sniperman.1738" said:

> It doesn't make sense to have a Laruel requirement for the stuff in the new map, if you want people to play on your map it should require the new map currency, because at this point what were creating here is no incentive to really play on the map other than for achievement and to do the story, whats the point in that, as that feels like wasted content then if the map quickly dies out due to lack of long term incentive or incentive in general. There's no other way to earn laruels at the moment so right now this feels like a slap in the face because its like ooo new map oh wait gotta have laruels but I just spent mine on x, y and z so I have none so I dont get to work towards any of the new weapons or gear stats, doesn't seem right does it?

It's the same cost as the pieces of gear you get from a normal laurel merchant. I don't see any issue. If it were higher, you might have a point.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"sniperman.1738" said:

> > It doesn't make sense to have a Laruel requirement for the stuff in the new map, if you want people to play on your map it should require the new map currency, because at this point what were creating here is no incentive to really play on the map other than for achievement and to do the story, whats the point in that, as that feels like wasted content then if the map quickly dies out due to lack of long term incentive or incentive in general. There's no other way to earn laruels at the moment so right now this feels like a slap in the face because its like ooo new map oh wait gotta have laruels but I just spent mine on x, y and z so I have none so I dont get to work towards any of the new weapons or gear stats, doesn't seem right does it?

>

> It's the same cost as the pieces of gear you get from a normal laurel merchant. I don't see any issue. If it were higher, you might have a point.

The issue is less the cost and more that it takes laurels in the first place. They should have kept the focus on doing things in the new map instead. It just feels kind of weird that they chose to require them. I have the laurels so I am not put out. I am just confused about the choice.

Did they want to increase how much players valued laurels or give veteran players more use for them? Personally I feel if they wanted to make laurels feel like they were worth more then it would have been better to just add more unique rewards such as minis, standalone armour skins, or novelties to the vendor.

Looks like I dodged a bullet. I fully expect Diviner stats to end up in the meta somewhere, and with nearly 200 laurels price is not a problem. I actually considered spending them to make more coin earlier this week.

The laurel requirement is pretty standard, actually. The ascended gear in all of the original PoF maps all have ascended requirements.

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> I have no real use for mine, I was closing in on 900

I think we've hit on the reason for these requiring laurels. I've got 750 or so now after converting a bunch to crafting mats and selling them. :)

> It doesn't make sense to have a Laruel requirement for the stuff in the new map, if you want people to play on your map it should require the new map currency, because at this point what were creating here is no incentive to really play on the map other than for achievement and to do the story, whats the point in that, as that feels like wasted content then if the map quickly dies out due to lack of long term incentive or incentive in general. There's no other way to earn laruels at the moment so right now this feels like a slap in the face because its like ooo new map oh wait gotta have laruels but I just spent mine on x, y and z so I have none so I dont get to work towards any of the new weapons or gear stats, doesn't seem right does it?

The same was true for Plaguedoctor's equipment in LS4 and Seraph's back in LS3 so this is pretty much the standard way now. You can get 55 Laurels a month from daily login rewards if you chose the Chest of Laurels from the Chest of Loyalty.

Anyway you _can_ work towards the new weapons and stats by gathering all the _other_ materials you need then when you get the Laurels you can buy the recipes and craft them straight away. They do need a lot of other materials including a lot of the new map currency.

I think the point the OP and few others are making is.. why laurels and not map currency. With no incentive to use it all that much why bother coming back to the map once your done with story except for a quick map travel spend laurels and gone again... another virtual ghost town is in the making.

There are so many other ways that laurels could become more widely useable, what ANET have instead chosen to do here just kinda makes the point of replaying the map less important.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> I think the point the OP and few others are making is.. why laurels and not map currency. With no incentive to use it all that much why bother coming back to the map once your done with story except for a quick map travel spend laurels and gone again... another virtual ghost town is in the making.

> There are so many other ways that laurels could become more widely useable, what ANET have instead chosen to do here just kinda makes the point of replaying the map less important.

Maybe because you need almost 1000 Branded Mass for the exotic versions alone and most players don't have that many uses for laurels.

You can get laurels on the new map. Just like in any map where you receive the daily log in rewards, so what is your point? You can get laurels everywhere in the world in the same way you can get gold in the entire world. Does this mean in the new map shouldn't be any gold requirements?

Doesn't make any sense. This map is part of PoF, which is part of the base game, they're not isolated games. Everyone that has access to the map has access to Laurels

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> Looks like I dodged a bullet. I fully expect Diviner stats to end up in the meta somewhere, and with nearly 200 laurels price is not a problem. I actually considered spending them to make more coin earlier this week.

I _did_ spend all of mine and am regretting it. It looks like the Exquisite Serpentite Jewels are a random drop from reward chests, though, so it's Repetitive Grinding Time! I'm a bit salty about that. I've done both north and south metas and none dropped.

>! I also could only find the first teleporter plate thing, so I couldn't really see what was in the catacombs... apparently people have spent 15 minutes repeating the same boss before it dropped. Are there any in there? >!

I should have the laurels by the time I actually have the mats. At least I only need 3 to get the insignia recipe so I can convert my ascended bits. The jewelery, though... ugh.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"sniperman.1738" said:

> > > It doesn't make sense to have a Laruel requirement for the stuff in the new map, if you want people to play on your map it should require the new map currency, because at this point what were creating here is no incentive to really play on the map other than for achievement and to do the story, whats the point in that, as that feels like wasted content then if the map quickly dies out due to lack of long term incentive or incentive in general. There's no other way to earn laruels at the moment so right now this feels like a slap in the face because its like ooo new map oh wait gotta have laruels but I just spent mine on x, y and z so I have none so I dont get to work towards any of the new weapons or gear stats, doesn't seem right does it?

> >

> > It's the same cost as the pieces of gear you get from a normal laurel merchant. I don't see any issue. If it were higher, you might have a point.

>

> The issue is less the cost and more that it takes laurels in the first place. They should have kept the focus on doing things in the new map instead. It just feels kind of weird that they chose to require them. I have the laurels so I am not put out. I am just confused about the choice.

>

> Did they want to increase how much players valued laurels or give veteran players more use for them? Personally I feel if they wanted to make laurels feel like they were worth more then it would have been better to just add more unique rewards such as minis, standalone armour skins, or novelties to the vendor.

The recipe itself uses currency and materials needed from the map itself as ingredients. Crafting the Dragonblood weapon sets does require grinding the new maps.

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > @"sniperman.1738" said:

> > It doesn't make sense to have a Laruel requirement for the stuff in the new map, if you want people to play on your map it should require the new map currency, because at this point what were creating here is no incentive to really play on the map other than for achievement and to do the story, whats the point in that, as that feels like wasted content then if the map quickly dies out due to lack of long term incentive or incentive in general. There's no other way to earn laruels at the moment so right now this feels like a slap in the face because its like ooo new map oh wait gotta have laruels but I just spent mine on x, y and z so I have none so I dont get to work towards any of the new weapons or gear stats, doesn't seem right does it?

>

> You can get laurels on the new map. Just like in any map where you receive the daily log in rewards, so what is your point? You can get laurels everywhere in the world in the same way you can get gold in the entire world. Does this mean in the new map shouldn't be any gold requirements?

>

> Doesn't make any sense. This map is part of PoF, which is part of the base game, they're not isolated games. Everyone that has access to the map has access to Laurels

Scratching my head if I am honest.

You can get laurels everywhere, the same way we get gold across all of Tyria.. really??

> > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > @"sniperman.1738" said:

> > > It doesn't make sense to have a Laruel requirement for the stuff in the new map, if you want people to play on your map it should require the new map currency, because at this point what were creating here is no incentive to really play on the map other than for achievement and to do the story, whats the point in that, as that feels like wasted content then if the map quickly dies out due to lack of long term incentive or incentive in general. There's no other way to earn laruels at the moment so right now this feels like a slap in the face because its like ooo new map oh wait gotta have laruels but I just spent mine on x, y and z so I have none so I dont get to work towards any of the new weapons or gear stats, doesn't seem right does it?

> >

> > You can get laurels on the new map. Just like in any map where you receive the daily log in rewards, so what is your point? You can get laurels everywhere in the world in the same way you can get gold in the entire world. Does this mean in the new map shouldn't be any gold requirements?

> >

> > Doesn't make any sense. This map is part of PoF, which is part of the base game, they're not isolated games. Everyone that has access to the map has access to Laurels

>

> Scratching my head if I am honest.

> You can get laurels everywhere, the same way we get gold across all of Tyria.. really??

Yes, how do you get laurels? By logging in. Does it matter where you log in? Nope.

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > @"sniperman.1738" said:

> > > > It doesn't make sense to have a Laruel requirement for the stuff in the new map, if you want people to play on your map it should require the new map currency, because at this point what were creating here is no incentive to really play on the map other than for achievement and to do the story, whats the point in that, as that feels like wasted content then if the map quickly dies out due to lack of long term incentive or incentive in general. There's no other way to earn laruels at the moment so right now this feels like a slap in the face because its like ooo new map oh wait gotta have laruels but I just spent mine on x, y and z so I have none so I dont get to work towards any of the new weapons or gear stats, doesn't seem right does it?

> > >

> > > You can get laurels on the new map. Just like in any map where you receive the daily log in rewards, so what is your point? You can get laurels everywhere in the world in the same way you can get gold in the entire world. Does this mean in the new map shouldn't be any gold requirements?

> > >

> > > Doesn't make any sense. This map is part of PoF, which is part of the base game, they're not isolated games. Everyone that has access to the map has access to Laurels

> >

> > Scratching my head if I am honest.

> > You can get laurels everywhere, the same way we get gold across all of Tyria.. really??

>

> Yes, how do you get laurels? By logging in. Does it matter where you log in? Nope.

That is not obtiaing the laurels on that map as you stated.. that is purely for logging in and that is it.. show me where you obtain laurels on the map not the login reward, I get that just sitting in my guild hall humming tunes.

> > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > @"sniperman.1738" said:

> > > > > It doesn't make sense to have a Laruel requirement for the stuff in the new map, if you want people to play on your map it should require the new map currency, because at this point what were creating here is no incentive to really play on the map other than for achievement and to do the story, whats the point in that, as that feels like wasted content then if the map quickly dies out due to lack of long term incentive or incentive in general. There's no other way to earn laruels at the moment so right now this feels like a slap in the face because its like ooo new map oh wait gotta have laruels but I just spent mine on x, y and z so I have none so I dont get to work towards any of the new weapons or gear stats, doesn't seem right does it?

> > > >

> > > > You can get laurels on the new map. Just like in any map where you receive the daily log in rewards, so what is your point? You can get laurels everywhere in the world in the same way you can get gold in the entire world. Does this mean in the new map shouldn't be any gold requirements?

> > > >

> > > > Doesn't make any sense. This map is part of PoF, which is part of the base game, they're not isolated games. Everyone that has access to the map has access to Laurels

> > >

> > > Scratching my head if I am honest.

> > > You can get laurels everywhere, the same way we get gold across all of Tyria.. really??

> >

> > Yes, how do you get laurels? By logging in. Does it matter where you log in? Nope.

>

> That is not obtiaing the laurels on that map as you stated.. that is purely for logging in and that is it.. show me where you obtain laurels on the map not the login reward, I get that just sitting in my guild hall humming tunes.

I am not arguing with you about this lol. Once again. Gaining Laurels is in no way restricted to any specific map or game mode. You can get them in any sort of content on any map, simply by logging into the game.

There is not a single reason why you could say that on the new LS map you somehow don't get Laurels. You get them in the same way you you get them in Lionsarch for example where you also have a vendor that wants Laurels. So why shopuldn't there be a Laurel vendor in the new LS map?

I want you to come up with the exact specific reason that makes the new LS map any different to any other Map or content in GW2 in regards to aquiring Laurels. If you don't have such an argument then there's also no more discussion from my part.

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > @"sniperman.1738" said:

> > > > > > It doesn't make sense to have a Laruel requirement for the stuff in the new map, if you want people to play on your map it should require the new map currency, because at this point what were creating here is no incentive to really play on the map other than for achievement and to do the story, whats the point in that, as that feels like wasted content then if the map quickly dies out due to lack of long term incentive or incentive in general. There's no other way to earn laruels at the moment so right now this feels like a slap in the face because its like ooo new map oh wait gotta have laruels but I just spent mine on x, y and z so I have none so I dont get to work towards any of the new weapons or gear stats, doesn't seem right does it?

> > > > >

> > > > > You can get laurels on the new map. Just like in any map where you receive the daily log in rewards, so what is your point? You can get laurels everywhere in the world in the same way you can get gold in the entire world. Does this mean in the new map shouldn't be any gold requirements?

> > > > >

> > > > > Doesn't make any sense. This map is part of PoF, which is part of the base game, they're not isolated games. Everyone that has access to the map has access to Laurels

> > > >

> > > > Scratching my head if I am honest.

> > > > You can get laurels everywhere, the same way we get gold across all of Tyria.. really??

> > >

> > > Yes, how do you get laurels? By logging in. Does it matter where you log in? Nope.

> >

> > That is not obtiaing the laurels on that map as you stated.. that is purely for logging in and that is it.. show me where you obtain laurels on the map not the login reward, I get that just sitting in my guild hall humming tunes.

>

> I am not arguing with you about this lol. Once again. Gaining Laurels is in no way restricted to any specific map or game mode. You can get them in any sort of content on any map, simply by logging into the game.

>

> There is not a single reason why you could say that on the new LS map you somehow don't get Laurels. You get them in the same way you you get them in Lionsarch for example where you also have a vendor that wants Laurels. So why shopuldn't there be a Laurel vendor in the new LS map?

>

> I want you to come up with the exact specific reason that makes the new LS map any different to any other Map or content in GW2 in regards to aquiring Laurels. If you don't have such an argument then there's also no more discussion from my part.

Just stop trying to back peddle.. you know as well as everyone you do not get laurels for being on any specific map, they are a login reward and only on certain days of the cycle.. if you trying to be clever please enlighten us all how I get laurels when I pop over to Jahai Bluffs, or Auric Basic or.. any map today... cos I see no laurel rewards for events, for kills.. or actually for logging into the map today.

Login rewards have nothing to do with where you are in game they are simply a login reward nothing more.

Using map currency to purchase items that are specific to that map is the sensible thing to of done here, but ANET have a reason for choosing laurels instead, in order to create a further laurel sink to add to the increased push to sink gold from the game. The game is changing and not for the better imo.. but that is another topic all together.

> It's the same cost as the pieces of gear you get from a normal laurel merchant. I don't see any issue.

The point is that, with the masses of such items _since PoF_, many people are running short on laurels and the insanity does not seem to end with further releases.

You _cannot_ **farm** Laurels, so that's the biggest downside here. They need to finally introduce additional means of acquisition for them if they intend to continue down _that_ road. [Here's a suggestion](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65398/add-laurels-to-the-tyrian-exchange-voucher "Here's a suggestion").

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > It's the same cost as the pieces of gear you get from a normal laurel merchant. I don't see any issue.

>

> The point is that, with the masses of such items _since PoF_, many people are running short on laurels and the insanity does not seem to end with further releases.

I think that contrary to your belief there's more people out there with excess laurels than those just scraping by.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> Per gw2efficiency: https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.laurels

>

> 50th percentile = 92 laurels.

>

> I bought the amulet to test Diviner's but in retrospect I should have swapped the Blood Ruby amulet I had.

>

Blood Ruby amulet I don't believe can do PoF stats, which would include Diviner's.

> > @"Infusion.7149" said:

> > Per gw2efficiency: https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.laurels

> >

> > 50th percentile = 92 laurels.

> >

> > I bought the amulet to test Diviner's but in retrospect I should have swapped the Blood Ruby amulet I had.

> >

>

> Blood Ruby amulet I don't believe can do PoF stats, which would include Diviner's.

It can apply Diviner's. So can the Black Ice items. I attuned a bloodstone ring on my WvW character and Diviner's was an option. If you don't believe me check the API.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > It's the same cost as the pieces of gear you get from a normal laurel merchant. I don't see any issue.

> >

> > The point is that, with the masses of such items _since PoF_, many people are running short on laurels and the insanity does not seem to end with further releases.

>

> I think that contrary to your belief there's more people out there with excess laurels than those just scraping by.

Doesn't mean those "just scraping by" should be neglected.

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > It's the same cost as the pieces of gear you get from a normal laurel merchant. I don't see any issue.

> > >

> > > The point is that, with the masses of such items _since PoF_, many people are running short on laurels and the insanity does not seem to end with further releases.

> >

> > I think that contrary to your belief there's more people out there with excess laurels than those just scraping by.

>

> Doesn't mean those "just scraping by" should be neglected.

They are not neglected. In fact getting laurels is so easy and passive. And besides, those scrapping by probably dont need these stats for the type of endgame they play. Unless they raid or do fractals its really not worth it.

> > It's the same cost as the pieces of gear you get from a normal laurel merchant. I don't see any issue.

>

> The point is that, with the masses of such items _since PoF_, many people are running short on laurels and the insanity does not seem to end with further releases.

>

> You _cannot_ **farm** Laurels, so that's the biggest downside here. They need to finally introduce additional means of acquisition for them if they intend to continue down _that_ road. [Here's a suggestion](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65398/add-laurels-to-the-tyrian-exchange-voucher "Here's a suggestion").

You do not need to spend laurels for ascended recipes for the vast majority of stats, because you can transform using the exotic insignia/inscriptions. You really only need recipes for a single stat. The reason this one is different is that there's a skin attached to it. The last time that happened, in Istan, you didn't need to spend any laurels.

So I think it's not likely to be the case that _most_ people running short of laurels are veterans who are buying lots of recipes. I think it's more likely people who have used them to convert to mats (for gold or crafting), new players (who wouldn't have a lot of laurels in the first place), and those who don't logon much for whatever reasons.

The cost of getting started is not all that great and after that, it becomes like any long term goal in this game: some people saved up, some hoarded, and some have to wait patiently. That seems reasonable to me.

The only thing I'd fault ANet on is not giving any sort of warning that laurels would figure heavily "soon." I'm sure some who spent 50 or 100 laurels might have thought twice had they had any idea.

tl;dr I can't really agree that this is a major issue, because anyone who wants more laurels can choose to have all they need within a few months.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > It's the same cost as the pieces of gear you get from a normal laurel merchant. I don't see any issue.

> >

> > The point is that, with the masses of such items _since PoF_, many people are running short on laurels and the insanity does not seem to end with further releases.

> >

> > You _cannot_ **farm** Laurels, so that's the biggest downside here. They need to finally introduce additional means of acquisition for them if they intend to continue down _that_ road. [Here's a suggestion](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65398/add-laurels-to-the-tyrian-exchange-voucher "Here's a suggestion").

>

> You do not need to spend laurels for ascended recipes for the vast majority of stats, because you can transform using the exotic insignia/inscriptions. You really only need recipes for a single stat. The reason this one is different is that there's a skin attached to it. The last time that happened, in Istan, you didn't need to spend any laurels.

Thanks for the lecture, but I know all that and already told you on at least two other occasions that I spent my laurels on +5 attribute infusions for all my characters, and on several ascended trinkets (pre-HoT). Never said anything about stat changes.