RENEGADE UTILITIES - Minor Adjustment for QOL

hellsqueen.3045

The Charr's you get provided do not have stability.

They can get knocked all around preventing their abilities from working, this includes the one that gives out stability.

These are not like minions.

My heal skill should not be able to get their ass handed to them with knockbacks considering they can be killed, neither should the others except maybe the ultimate but even so, that can be killed too.

Maybe this is just my personal opinion though. I respect anyone who disagrees.

Make them instant cast and speed up their procs. Give all of them a stack of Stability not just one.

Add some kind of damage effect or Support effect to Razor Claw. Maybe a damage to nearby enemies while also removing conditions from allies. Or better yet, damage and corrupt boons on enemies while converting Conditions to boons on allies.

Increase the passive heal on the healing warband and have it convert conditions to boons.

I rather all these things were minions instead. But if they stay as is, please increase range cast, so we can engage the enemy far enough back without Bow, so that our energy can get to 100 to drop the elite.

The tiny amount of Stability that Darkrazor's Daring provides and the fact that it has a cast time as the stun breaker is totally absurd. Why doesn't this skill pulse stability to make it half decent? How are you supposed to reliably break a stun with a 3/4 sec activation time? It seems like ANET put very little to no effort in making Renegade playable after the overwhelming disappointment expressed in these forums after the preview weekend. Sad!

afraid we have to wait for the first 3monthly balance patch to see any significant changes. I expect they want to gather data from live first. Hopefully they will see a significant lack of shortbow use, though I worry many revs not using the forums doesnt realize how bad it is compared to mace/axe

The thing is Kalla’s skills behave like Wells, they either damage foes or give advantages to allies inside AoEs, and just like Wells they’re easy to deal with, against offensive ones you just have to stay out of them, and against defensive ones you just have to push back your enemies out of them, and Wells on their own work quite well across all game modes, but Kalla’s skills also behave like Illusions in the sense that they have a physical presence, therefore can be cleaved and interrupted, and Illusions work well on their own because they can track the enemy movements, but coupled with the immobility of Wells it just makes for very poor skills across all game modes, because even in PvE your skills can be interrupted.

**Kalla’s skills shouldn’t have a physical presence in the world, they shouldn’t have health and shouldn’t be interrupted, they should only behave like Wells, which are strong but also have enough counter play to them.**

> @"Exalted Quality.8534" said:

> The tiny amount of Stability that Darkrazor's Daring provides and the fact that it has a cast time as the stun breaker is totally absurd. Why doesn't this skill pulse stability to make it half decent? How are you supposed to reliably break a stun with a 3/4 sec activation time? It seems like ANET put very little to no effort in making Renegade playable after the overwhelming disappointment expressed in these forums after the preview weekend. Sad!

The same way you are supposed to breakstun with Rite.. You simply dont. Even pain absord is pathetic cus its another stunbreak with casttime and for whatever reason it still transfers condi on you despite the fact they "reworked" Mallyx long ago - it was supposed to be temp desing btw.

Granted you do get resistance when you use pain absorb, and you can trait it to be stronger with demonic defiance. Its my speculation it was meant to be used with bolstered anguish that improves your damage with 3% per condition on you, as well maniacal persistance that hits 5nearby foes with torment when you gain resistance.

Alternatively pulsating pestilence to copy your conditions to nearby foes upon invoking a legend. Though that carries its own problems, giving up venom enhancement, abyssal chill and diabolic inferno. Plus even thinking of pain absorbsion diminishes your energy pool for channeling embrace the darkness and weaponskills..

But for stunbreak, the invo trait on legend swap remains the best one as it has no cast time.

> @LucianDK.8615 said:

> Granted you do get resistance when you use pain absorb, and you can trait it to be stronger with demonic defiance. Its my speculation it was meant to be used with bolstered anguish that improves your damage with 3% per condition on you, as well maniacal persistance that hits 5nearby foes with torment when you gain resistance.

> Alternatively pulsating pestilence to copy your conditions to nearby foes upon invoking a legend. Though that carries its own problems, giving up venom enhancement, abyssal chill and diabolic inferno. Plus even thinking of pain absorbsion diminishes your energy pool for channeling embrace the darkness and weaponskills..

>

> But for stunbreak, the invo trait on legend swap remains the best one as it has no cast time.

Mallyx elite used to copy all conditions on you to enemies before, also our skills scaled up with number of condi on yourself, they more you had, the stronger they were. They got rid of that desing but left pain absord the way it is.

Mallyx in pvp was a blast, it was fun to have 10 condi and copy them every sec to everyone around, it was literally hardcounter to all other condi specs who just spammed at you when you were in Mallyx, now its nothing but a joke legend.

> @Burtnik.5218 said:

> > @LucianDK.8615 said:

> > Granted you do get resistance when you use pain absorb, and you can trait it to be stronger with demonic defiance. Its my speculation it was meant to be used with bolstered anguish that improves your damage with 3% per condition on you, as well maniacal persistance that hits 5nearby foes with torment when you gain resistance.

> > Alternatively pulsating pestilence to copy your conditions to nearby foes upon invoking a legend. Though that carries its own problems, giving up venom enhancement, abyssal chill and diabolic inferno. Plus even thinking of pain absorbsion diminishes your energy pool for channeling embrace the darkness and weaponskills..

> >

> > But for stunbreak, the invo trait on legend swap remains the best one as it has no cast time.

>

> Mallyx elite used to copy all conditions on you to enemies before, also our skills scaled up with number of condi on yourself, they more you had, the stronger they were. They got rid of that desing but left pain absord the way it is.

>

> Mallyx in pvp was a blast, it was fun to have 10 condi and copy them every sec to everyone around, it was literally hardcounter to all other condi specs who just spammed at you when you were in Mallyx, now its nothing but a joke legend.

Old mallyx is like spell breaker now. I guess devs did not learn..

> @otto.5684 said:

> > @Burtnik.5218 said:

> > > @LucianDK.8615 said:

> > > Granted you do get resistance when you use pain absorb, and you can trait it to be stronger with demonic defiance. Its my speculation it was meant to be used with bolstered anguish that improves your damage with 3% per condition on you, as well maniacal persistance that hits 5nearby foes with torment when you gain resistance.

> > > Alternatively pulsating pestilence to copy your conditions to nearby foes upon invoking a legend. Though that carries its own problems, giving up venom enhancement, abyssal chill and diabolic inferno. Plus even thinking of pain absorbsion diminishes your energy pool for channeling embrace the darkness and weaponskills..

> > >

> > > But for stunbreak, the invo trait on legend swap remains the best one as it has no cast time.

> >

> > Mallyx elite used to copy all conditions on you to enemies before, also our skills scaled up with number of condi on yourself, they more you had, the stronger they were. They got rid of that desing but left pain absord the way it is.

> >

> > Mallyx in pvp was a blast, it was fun to have 10 condi and copy them every sec to everyone around, it was literally hardcounter to all other condi specs who just spammed at you when you were in Mallyx, now its nothing but a joke legend.

>

> Old mallyx is like spell breaker now. I guess devs did not learn..

_slight off-topic_

Exactly my thought, except that Mallyx was designed around condition transfer, but Spellbreaker isn’t, it’s only one trait (Revenge Counter) that allows that gameplay, a bit like Pulsating Pestilence now but way stronger, which is even more ludicrous, honestly that a trait like Revenge Counter passed beta testing without nerf is baffling to me.

> @Alchimist.4738 said:

> The thing is Kalla’s skills behave like Wells, they either damage foes or give advantages to allies inside AoEs, and just like Wells they’re easy to deal with, against offensive ones you just have to stay out of them, and against defensive ones you just have to push back your enemies out of them, and Wells on their own work quite well across all game modes, but Kalla’s skills also behave like Illusions in the sense that they have a physical presence, therefore can be cleaved and interrupted, and Illusions work well on their own because they can track the enemy movements, but coupled with the immobility of Wells it just makes for very poor skills across all game modes, because even in PvE your skills can be interrupted.

>

> **Kalla’s skills shouldn’t have a physical presence in the world, they shouldn’t have health and shouldn’t be interrupted, they should only behave like Wells, which are strong but also have enough counter play to them.**

>

I can agree with this.

But if they don't change it, they at least deserve to have stability so they can't be interrupted.

I feel as if Renegade's utilities should have simply been of the Well type. They pulse the same way and could have had the same duration. Unkillable (these are conjurations from the Mists, for crying out loud). I just don't know why they would go backwards to the similar problem that Guardian had with their summons.

They could have even made moving, pulsing Wells centered on the summon, like they haven't done that kind of thing before:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flames_of_War_(warrior_skill)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Water_Globe

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> The Charr's you get provided do not have stability.

> They can get knocked all around preventing their abilities from working, this includes the one that gives out stability.

> These are not like minions.

> My heal skill should not be able to get their kitten handed to them with knockbacks considering they can be killed, neither should the others except maybe the ultimate but even so, that can be killed too.

>

> Maybe this is just my personal opinion though. I respect anyone who disagrees.

The best solution for those skills would have been to give them a break bar instead of an health bar. This would have provided an easy balance that would have scaled on massive battle making it worse usin in all game mode while still having counter play.