Thumbs up for open-world NPC writing

I've enjoyed seeing a few of the older NPCs from earlier parts of GW2 make a comeback, particularly with some tailored dialogue (I think Mia Kindleshot is the first one in six years who recognised my main as Ash Legion). The dwarven complex is full of interesting stories that threatened to derail my chances of finishing the story on release morning before I had to head off for work, and I approve of the chance to give a particular dredge some backchat regarding what I really think of the Olmakhan. ;)

I may have just killed a few more of those characters than I was hoping to, though. Oops.

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> I've enjoyed seeing a few of the older NPCs from earlier parts of GW2 make a comeback, particularly with some tailored dialogue (I think Mia Kindleshot is the first one in six years who recognised my main as Ash Legion). The dwarven complex is full of interesting stories that threatened to derail my chances of finishing the story on release morning before I had to head off for work, and I approve of the chance to give a particular dredge some backchat regarding what I really think of the Olmakhan. ;)

>

> I may have just killed a few more of those characters than I was hoping to, though. Oops.

The best one was Captain Saida calling Kralk Son of a Skritt. I laughed so much

The ambient NPCs, quest NPCs, actually every character present on this map brought it to life and made it _so much fun_ to just stop and listen. The humor was on point as well. The events are much more enjoyable, too, because they never feel abrupt thanks to all having some sort of well-written prologue.

Thank you for that, and keep up the good work in future episodes! <3

P.S. Just listening to Lily Yu in Guild Chat. Fantastic sense of humor. :)

Yes, thanks a lot for well writed dialogues in this map that show us different relationships. It's always bring more life to characters and the whole environment. It also shows them all as real persons with all that different feelings, charaters, stories, motivation, goals etc. behind them. From skritts to dredges. Special thanks for that Sergei (Hi from Russia). That story is really sad. It's hard to admit not only this npc but the whole dredge's soviet mentality and features as representing soviet (russian) nation because they are not pretty nice you know but this depressive mood deep inside of all those words and behaviour definitely still may be ours due to our social, political and financial etc. environment. But I think people from the last generations are a bit different. Anyway thanks a lot for letting us to be in GW2 even in those type of beings.

I always love when characters give little original-story-related text, like mentioning your legion, or Lt. Francis talking about your early adventures in Divinity's Reach, callbacks to your Order, references to your level 20 quest, etc. I'll even admit I was said that when I saw skritt out there it wasn't Ftok'chak's crew from the racial sympathy quests, since they're part of the Pact.

These are made all the more valuable by the fact that you have to write alternate dialogue paths for these and come up with something to say if the character hasn't finished the base game's story. These details make the game feel so much more alive though, which is appropriate for a "Living Story," I suppose :) Kudos to those of you that write this stuff, and to whatever higher-up person lets you take the time for it. This game is amazing <3

I'm waiting for Lord Faren to remember that he was best friends with the Commander (if human). My daughter's "head canon" for Faren is that while his best friend forgot all about him after killing dragons, etc., that he's "Lord" Faren now in an attempt to one-up the Commander. Or, perhaps just get noticed.

ANet, my daughter doesn't do the forums, but she would be tickled pink if Faren recognizes her (and other human characters).

Yeah that map feels very lively, apart the long dwarven corridor within catacombs leading to mastery point, was it intended? They are no real challenge compared to the tombs at the north. I'm very happy about mob density on that map, I can finally stop somewhere and admire the beautiful landscape that's cool. :p Ambient dialogues are awesome I love that skritt shouting through the entire map "Light of Del-drimoar!!!!!!"

I agree you really brought the forge to life. I always kinda felt sad that the NPC's don't tell you little stories of themselves like in GW1. But this map certainly brought the feeling back. The clash of philosophy between Awakened and other Pact members really made the whole thing come alive. The Dredge intervention and all those little stories made this episode great. The last episode had those moments too, Eir, Blish and so on... I suddenly feels like that the game comes more and more alive. Keep up the great work.

Also a compliment to the sound team! The Aurene Choir in combination with the dwarven forge that had elements of Moria.... It really has a unique atmosphere.

Let's see wether Aurene will undergo a similar transformation as Gandalf after Moria :P

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > I've enjoyed seeing a few of the older NPCs from earlier parts of GW2 make a comeback, particularly with some tailored dialogue (I think Mia Kindleshot is the first one in six years who recognised my main as Ash Legion). The dwarven complex is full of interesting stories that threatened to derail my chances of finishing the story on release morning before I had to head off for work, and I approve of the chance to give a particular dredge some backchat regarding what I really think of the Olmakhan. ;)

> >

> > I may have just killed a few more of those characters than I was hoping to, though. Oops.

>

> The best one was Captain Saida calling Kralk Son of a Skritt. I laughed so much

Haha I loved that bit too.

I've been using that insult here on the forums, in the game and elsewhere for a long time so seeing a character in the game actually say it was pretty kitten funny XD

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Yeah that map feels very lively, apart the long dwarven corridor within catacombs leading to mastery point, was it intended? They are no real challenge compared to the tombs at the north. I'm very happy about mob density on that map, I can finally stop somewhere and admire the beautiful landscape that's cool. :p Ambient dialogues are awesome I love that skritt shouting through the entire map "Light of Del-drimoar!!!!!!"

Yea that corridor was intended for those who like to explore on their mounts. :)