On Dragon Champions and the Pale Tree *SPOILER for PoF Main Storyline*

We know from Glint's Legacy that Elder Dragons may be replaced as is the basis of Glint's master plan. Now, we know that Glint had planned for her scions to replace the Elder Dragons and many expect at this point that a dragon is required to replace an Elder Dragon. We also know that Glint is a former champion of Kralkatorrik. However, we know that other Elder Dragons have champions as well. My question is then two-fold. First, could the Pale Tree be seen as a"purified champion" of Mordremoth like Glint is for Kralk? Secondly, if she is, could she then serve as a substitute for an Elder Dragon like Glint and her offspring? Thanks!

P.S. I loved this episode! It is easily one of the best Anet has ever released.

The Pale Tree has long been speculated to be a viable Elder Dragon replacement; if you look through the lore subforum you'll find her name tossed around a lot. She does seem like a potential candidate, but as of yet there's nothing that officially confirms her ability to replace one.

There's some lore to suggest that the Pale Tree is at the center of The All, so it could be she's already serving some unknown role that would disqualify her. Sadly nothing absolute has been stated in game.

The Pale Tree is 100% confirmed a "purified" (for lack of a better word) dragon champion of Mordremoth. Though viable replacement remains unclear, given the nature of the Pale Tree not being an actual dragon, and the question of if one needs to be an actual dragon to be a replacement.

> @"Svennis.3852" said:

> There's some lore to suggest that the Pale Tree is at the center of The All, so it could be she's already serving some unknown role that would disqualify her. Sadly nothing absolute has been stated in game.

That was just Scarlet's crazed drawings revealed to us before we knew what The All was (probably to represent that the Pale Tree functioned as a barrier to her (and later us) witnessing The All). I believe it's been confirmed the central orb is Tyria itself.