Sooooo.... what's a book club?

How could you leave this unanswered? Do we need to wait for LWS4 Episode 6 or Season 5 until we get to see this "book club"? Is this in fact a hint for an upcoming library feature added to Home instance/Sun's Refuge?

The suspense is killing me!!! :s

PS: Fantastic episode! 10/10! =)

Did you intend for Frodak Steelstar to appear from the start due to his ties with the Brotherhood of the Dragon, or was there another dwarf on the table (for instance Master Armorer Kor, Brechnar Ironhammer, High Priest Alkar, or KILROOOOOOOOY STONEKIIIIIIIIN)?

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"PsDh.2471" said:

> How could you leave this unanswered? Do we need to wait for LWS4 Episode 6 or Season 5 until we get to see this "book club"? Is this in fact a hint for an upcoming library feature added to Home instance/Sun's Refuge?

> The suspense is killing me!!! :s

>

> PS: Fantastic episode! 10/10! =)

> Did you intend for Frodak Steelstar to appear from the start due to his ties with the Brotherhood of the Dragon, or was there another dwarf on the table (for instance Master Armorer Kor, Brechnar Ironhammer, High Priest Alkar, or KILROOOOOOOOY STONEKIIIIIIIIN)?

LOL! Book Club! I would love to expand on the idea of a book club in the future. Like some NPCs sitting around with books on a table and some dialog back and forth about why they liked or disliked a particular part. But it was really just a joke line and nothing else.

Frodak was originally Kilroy, actually. However, we didn't have his voice actor and so we chose Frodak and my gawd, his lines are some of my favorite in the entire episode. When we had the first pass of VO in for that character, the whole team had to stop reviewing content because we were just laughing so hard. It was great!

> @"Clayton Kisko.5207" said:

> > @"PsDh.2471" said:

> > How could you leave this unanswered? Do we need to wait for LWS4 Episode 6 or Season 5 until we get to see this "book club"? Is this in fact a hint for an upcoming library feature added to Home instance/Sun's Refuge?

> > The suspense is killing me!!! :s

> >

> > PS: Fantastic episode! 10/10! =)

> > Did you intend for Frodak Steelstar to appear from the start due to his ties with the Brotherhood of the Dragon, or was there another dwarf on the table (for instance Master Armorer Kor, Brechnar Ironhammer, High Priest Alkar, or KILROOOOOOOOY STONEKIIIIIIIIN)?

>

> LOL! Book Club! I would love to expand on the idea of a book club in the future. Like some NPCs sitting around with books on a table and some dialog back and forth about why they liked or disliked a particular part. But it was really just a joke line and nothing else.

>

> Frodak was originally Kilroy, actually. However, we didn't have his voice actor and so we chose Frodak and my gawd, his lines are some of my favorite in the entire episode. When we had the first pass of VO in for that character, the whole team had to stop reviewing content because we were just laughing so hard. It was great!

Good move to not use Kilroy. Kilroy was a fighter, not a smither. It wouldn't have really fit the context, as nice of a nod back that would have been.

And I agree that Frodak's VA did a great job!

> > @"PsDh.2471" said:

> > How could you leave this unanswered? Do we need to wait for LWS4 Episode 6 or Season 5 until we get to see this "book club"? Is this in fact a hint for an upcoming library feature added to Home instance/Sun's Refuge?

> > The suspense is killing me!!! :s

> >

> > PS: Fantastic episode! 10/10! =)

> > Did you intend for Frodak Steelstar to appear from the start due to his ties with the Brotherhood of the Dragon, or was there another dwarf on the table (for instance Master Armorer Kor, Brechnar Ironhammer, High Priest Alkar, or KILROOOOOOOOY STONEKIIIIIIIIN)?

>

> LOL! Book Club! I would love to expand on the idea of a book club in the future. Like some NPCs sitting around with books on a table and some dialog back and forth about why they liked or disliked a particular part. But it was really just a joke line and nothing else.

>

> Frodak was originally Kilroy, actually. However, we didn't have his voice actor and so we chose Frodak and my gawd, his lines are some of my favorite in the entire episode. When we had the first pass of VO in for that character, the whole team had to stop reviewing content because we were just laughing so hard. It was great!

Aww, now I really would like a "book club" with a bunch of NPCs discussing about "There with Yakkington: A Traveler's Tale" or "Koss on Koss". :s

Thanks for also answering my second question! It does surprise me that Kilroy was a candidate to appear in this episode, as I did simply added him to the roster because you can't list important dwarven figures without mentioning Kilroy Stonekin.

Also big thumbs up to the VA of Frodak! He brought in some light-hearted comedy into this episode, and I love every second of being near Frodak (I'm so glad the meta of Thunderhead Peaks lead to Frodak!) =) <3

> Frodak was originally Kilroy, actually. However, we didn't have his voice actor and so we chose Frodak ...

This has resonance with the whole where-is-Zojia line of inquiry. Are you able to give us any info on that? Just a very general yes/no on whether it's due to Felicia Day's availability would settle a lot of forum quibbling. (More details would of course be appreciated).

You certainly have no problem attracting stellar VO talent, Frodak included, so if you needed a new Zojia VA I'm sure you could do it and even explain a voice change by her injuries affecting her vocal cords, as one forum person suggested.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Clayton Kisko.5207" said:

>

> > Frodak was originally Kilroy, actually. However, we didn't have his voice actor and so we chose Frodak ...

>

> This has resonance with the whole where-is-Zojia line of inquiry. Are you able to give us any info on that? Just a very general yes/no on whether it's due to Felicia Day's availability would settle a lot of forum quibbling. (More details would of course be appreciated).

>

> You certainly have no problem attracting stellar VO talent, Frodak included, so if you needed a new Zojia VA I'm sure you could do it and even explain a voice change by her injuries affecting her vocal cords, as one forum person suggested.

>

>

I honestly don't have any information other than what is already out there. Day has expressed interest and said she would love to come back on twitter IIRC. I know she's really busy though. I wish I could be more helpful. I'm sorry :(

Again thanks for the response. However, the writing team obviously has reasons for not putting any Zojia info into play at all, via text dialogues, via lines from other characters, via letters, heck, via an out-of-game blog like Taimi's stuff about her lab. What I'm asking is whether those reasons are logistical because of outside factors or due to story writing choices guided by constraints on things like word count.