Chasing Tales: Like a Wounded Beast

> @"kajoken.1630" said:

> After countless tries with a warrior in the spider room I switched to the recommended necro method above and got it first try.

> I'm pretty sure, there's something wrong with the warrior axes.

Well considering the fact that everyone doing it with reaper shroud is technically using a hammer ...

Also note that it doesn't require doing the kills with a specific weapon type.

Okay, so I've tried literally everything from this thread (and a whole bunch of reddit posts) and I am yet to gain the achievement. The only thing I'm unable to do is to try with a necro as I do not own one... I really hope Anet chimes in on this because I refuse to invest more of my time into this without them letting us know what exactly are the conditions under which you get the achievement.

The wording on the achievement doesn't say anything about "while using/wearing an axe OR anything about "in Thunderhead". All it says is "While at 10% health or less slay 5 enemies within 5 minutes of each other."

I interpret this as any weapon, any zone, Kill mob 1 while under 10%, Kill mob 2 within 5 minutes of killing mob 1 while under 10%.....etc. Only Chasing Tales: Bloodthirst actually states "with an axe".

Maybe it should say "While using an axe, kill 5 enemies within 5 minutes while under 10% base health in Thunderhead Peaks" ?

> @"smiling.9028" said:

> The wording on the achievement doesn't say anything about "while using/wearing an axe OR anything about "in Thunderhead". All it says is "While at 10% health or less slay 5 enemies within 5 minutes of each other."

>

> I interpret this as any weapon, any zone, Kill mob 1 while under 10%, Kill mob 2 within 5 minutes of killing mob 1 while under 10%.....etc. Only Chasing Tales: Bloodthirst actually states "with an axe".

>

> Maybe it should say "While using an axe, kill 5 enemies within 5 minutes while under 10% base health in Thunderhead Peaks" ?

Given the number of people completing it with necro shroud it definitely does not require using an axe because reaper shroud counts as a hammer and I think core shroud is staff.

The time might also be less than 5 minutes.

> @"smiling.9028" said:

> The wording on the achievement doesn't say anything about "while using/wearing an axe OR anything about "in Thunderhead". All it says is "While at 10% health or less slay 5 enemies within 5 minutes of each other."

>

> I interpret this as any weapon, any zone, Kill mob 1 while under 10%, Kill mob 2 within 5 minutes of killing mob 1 while under 10%.....etc. Only Chasing Tales: Bloodthirst actually states "with an axe".

>

> Maybe it should say "While using an axe, kill 5 enemies within 5 minutes while under 10% base health in Thunderhead Peaks" ?

Except it is already known to not require an axe.

> @"Spadudios.1436" said:

> Okay, so I've tried literally everything from this thread (and a whole bunch of reddit posts) and I am yet to gain the achievement. The only thing I'm unable to do is to try with a necro as I do not own one... I really hope Anet chimes in on this because I refuse to invest more of my time into this without them letting us know what exactly are the conditions under which you get the achievement.

Have you killed 5 enemy within 5 seconds instead of 5 minutes? Because i get the achievement only in that way (I killed 5 spiders nearly at same time; and with less of 10% health, of course)... I hope this can help you ^^

> @"ErolQuest.7209" said:

> > @"Spadudios.1436" said:

> > Okay, so I've tried literally everything from this thread (and a whole bunch of reddit posts) and I am yet to gain the achievement. The only thing I'm unable to do is to try with a necro as I do not own one... I really hope Anet chimes in on this because I refuse to invest more of my time into this without them letting us know what exactly are the conditions under which you get the achievement.

>

> Have you killed 5 enemy within 5 seconds instead of 5 minutes? Because i get the achievement only in that way (I killed 5 spiders nearly at same time; and with less of 10% health, of course)... I hope this can help you ^^

I've done that. Not only that but I created and leveled a necromancer. Tried there with the methods other described. There's something wrong with that achievement as I am 10000% killing 5 enemies while at <10% health in <5mins (even 5 seconds yes)

I'll probably be sending a support ticket later today for clarifications on their end cuz I'm pretty annoyed at this point.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> I can confirm, the SPIDER CAVE south of the Barracks Area in the Keep works wonders.

>

> Worked on the second try. Equip dual axes, pull together some spiders (I had to kill 6 too until the achieve triggered), get your hit point total up as high as you can, wait until you are sub 10%, use Endure Pain, cleave all the spiders.

Going to quote myself here.

This definitely worked. Paired with what someone else said, you need to kill 6 enemies (small spiderlings) it seems, maybe the countdown starts after the first enemy died. Meaning you need to pull 1 spiderling to the veteran spider with her minions (I got the achieve on killing the extra spiderling).

Get your hit point total up as much as possible, use buff food (I used https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mushroom_Loaf for the 100 Vitality).

All achievements work except for rifle which I am stuck on atm https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chasing_Tales:_Deadly_Accuracy since I got the Preemptive Strike done first. Yes, I have ALL the weapon achievements done, so unless there is similar bugs on any of the others, they should be doable.

• ArenaNet Staff

If you want to discuss this event or collectively figure out how to complete an activity, there's no problem with a post here in GW2 Discussion.

However, I've noticed a few **bug reports** about Chasing Tales (and have merged half a dozen). I'd encourage anyone who has spotted a potential bug to post in this thread over in the Bug Subforum: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66960/chasing-tales-issues-merged This helps us see any trends and get all the details you provide us.

Thanks!

To add to this, I also suspect that the counter does not start until after the first enemy dies (and this initial enemy does not count either, for some reason). I know this because I ended up luring 2 Cave Spiders over to the Veteran Broodmother and the 4 Hatchlings. After letting the spiders knock my health down to 10%, I entered Shroud (Reaper) and just massacred everything around me, and the achievement popped up when everything bar the Veteran was dead, meaning that I'd killed exactly 6 enemies.