More LWS1 in fractals!!

My friend and i have been watching this 3 hour long video of lws1 as she has never played it but wanted to know the story of it. The video is called Guild Wars 2 the complete season 1 movie ( enhanced) .I know a few parts are in fractals but why not the rest? I mean can do a revamp style of the marionette fight or even the final fight with the three knight watch guys . or could even make it a raid. Not that i would like it as a raid but at the very least would give players who never saw lws1 a chance to do some more of the content from back then. No matter which format it gets created in i feel it would be great. I just feel it fits better in fractals since some of the content is there already

The problem is, it doesnt fit as well as you think. The nightmare tower fractal alone bears no relation to the original. Marionette was excellent, but it couldnt translate to 5 man. The dungeons are somewhat shoehorned and are a bit odd. Given how little other story content existed, the only really viable bit is the karka invasion. Considering it didnt even work back then, it could be be rewritten and got away with i guess.

They could do something with the battle for LA, but the modification would be so heavy it would be name only - not doing it justice at all.

Fractals for me work better when the devs arent so confined or restricted. Or at least they did in the early days.

I really enjoyed the stories in Season 1 and I'd love to have it back as permanent content but I'd actually prefer them _not_ to add more of it as Fractals. Like Randulf said the Fractals are only really tiny snippets with little/no context (even the two Aetherblade Fractals aren't the complete dungeon, you get one short section of it and then the boss fight but there's a lot missing). And I'm concerned that the more they turn into Fractals the less incentive they have to actually bring back the full thing as a playable storyline. I'd rather wait longer and end up with a complete story than get a jumble of snippets faster.

If Anet were to come out and say they will never, ever bring back all of Season 1, no matter what, and Fractals are all we'll ever get then I could accept it. But...it's Anet, they're not going to say that.

The Scarlet Hologram fight could easily become a fractal. Im still not sure why they didnt do it yet. Make it so you have to kill one of the three watchknights, afterwards a portal opens to the main bossfight. It would be sort of similar to Mai Trin fractal, short in a way that you dont need to travel much, longer in a way that boss takes longer to kill.

And speaking about Marionette, either a fractal where every player of the group is together in 1 lane, and afterwards all go together to the same platform (or individual) with stronger mobs (which share hp, or allow porting to other platform when killing your own). There would be no returning to lane after mobs are dead, it would be: kill all mobs ->teleport to next platform -> kill all mobs -> repeat till final boss which would replace the 5 groups during head phase.

Or.... just make is as a world event in one of future LS maps. Since we can have one of those "time domes" in a corner of the map. This way the event could be exactly the same as it was during LS1.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I really enjoyed the stories in Season 1 and I'd love to have it back as permanent content but I'd actually prefer them _not_ to add more of it as Fractals. Like Randulf said the Fractals are only really tiny snippets with little/no context (even the two Aetherblade Fractals aren't the complete dungeon, you get one short section of it and then the boss fight but there's a lot missing). And I'm concerned that the more they turn into Fractals the less incentive they have to actually bring back the full thing as a playable storyline. I'd rather wait longer and end up with a complete story than get a jumble of snippets faster.

>

> If Anet were to come out and say they will never, ever bring back all of Season 1, no matter what, and Fractals are all we'll ever get then I could accept it. But...it's Anet, they're not going to say that.

I mean, when it comes to Aetherblade fractal, the most important thing is there actualy. The thing which we're missing is just some trashmobs between Laser room and Mai Trin. And even that part, you can actualy access it by just going backwards in Mai Trin fractal. You even have to, to do the Legendary backpiece collection. Basicaly you can explore the whole map if you wish. Atherblade fractal: Start -> Laser room, Mai Trin Fractal: Laser room -> End. They could though make it a "Lvl 101 fractal", where both of them are combined and the part inbetween must also be done ;)

Same story with Molten Facility fractals. Molten furnace is: Start -> test chamber, and Molten boss is: Test chamber -> boss. Yet again a tiny portion of the map is skipped, which had nothing important except the trashmobs (if i remember correctly, some cooling rooms with fans). Afterboss you can also go all the way to the elevator part if you wish, to be able to explore the map to the fullest.

Main thing is, the important parts of these 2 dungeons are covered. I would also like to see them back fully, however i would rather just see main events back, which is Scarlet Hologram fight, Marionette fight, and possibly Lions Arch defending/retaking event.

NO!!

If they ever put anything lws1(1) in fractals, it will be the final nail in the coffin we’ll ever get lws1 back

(1) more than they have. E.g., Molten duo, mai trin, backgroundprops of nightmare tower.

But those are snippets, without context, so they luckily don’t count as lws1 encounters

> @"Odin the exiled.5764" said:

> My friend and i have been watching this 3 hour long video of lws1 as she has never played it but wanted to know the story of it. The video is called Guild Wars 2 the complete season 1 movie ( enhanced) .I know a few parts are in fractals but why not the rest? I mean can do a revamp style of the marionette fight or even the final fight with the three knight watch guys . or could even make it a raid. Not that i would like it as a raid but at the very least would give players who never saw lws1 a chance to do some more of the content from back then. No matter which format it gets created in i feel it would be great. I just feel it fits better in fractals since some of the content is there already

I'm glad you enjoyed watching my 3 hour long gw2 season 1 movie. It was challenging for me to put together. =) I'm currently making a new big gw2 movie project that covers most of the lore and story of Destiny's edge.

Here is a link to more details on what the project is about and how you can support me making it:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66207/gw2-destinys-edge-movie#latest

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > I really enjoyed the stories in Season 1 and I'd love to have it back as permanent content but I'd actually prefer them _not_ to add more of it as Fractals. Like Randulf said the Fractals are only really tiny snippets with little/no context (even the two Aetherblade Fractals aren't the complete dungeon, you get one short section of it and then the boss fight but there's a lot missing). And I'm concerned that the more they turn into Fractals the less incentive they have to actually bring back the full thing as a playable storyline. I'd rather wait longer and end up with a complete story than get a jumble of snippets faster.

> >

> > If Anet were to come out and say they will never, ever bring back all of Season 1, no matter what, and Fractals are all we'll ever get then I could accept it. But...it's Anet, they're not going to say that.

>

> I mean, when it comes to Aetherblade fractal, the most important thing is there actualy. The thing which we're missing is just some trashmobs between Laser room and Mai Trin. And even that part, you can actualy access it by just going backwards in Mai Trin fractal. You even have to, to do the Legendary backpiece collection. Basicaly you can explore the whole map if you wish. Atherblade fractal: Start -> Laser room, Mai Trin Fractal: Laser room -> End. They could though make it a "Lvl 101 fractal", where both of them are combined and the part inbetween must also be done ;)

>

> Same story with Molten Facility fractals. Molten furnace is: Start -> test chamber, and Molten boss is: Test chamber -> boss. Yet again a tiny portion of the map is skipped, which had nothing important except the trashmobs (if i remember correctly, some cooling rooms with fans). Afterboss you can also go all the way to the elevator part if you wish, to be able to explore the map to the fullest.

>

> Main thing is, the important parts of these 2 dungeons are covered. I would also like to see them back fully, however i would rather just see main events back, which is Scarlet Hologram fight, Marionette fight, and possibly Lions Arch defending/retaking event.

I guess it depends on what you're interested in. As I said it's the story of season 1 (and the game as a whole) I enjoyed and a short series of out of context fights can never compensate for that. If you're mainly interested in the boss fights then I guess Fractals could be an effective way to bring it back, but I'd find it very disappointing.

The current LS4 was set up beautifully to have exact replicates of battles via the time rifts either in original maps or new;

- Scaled down clockwork invasions on loop

- Marionette could have taken up a corner of a map with the rift appearing on a timer

- Karka invasion

- A rift doorway leading to the entire Tower of Nightmares as it was

We wont see it now, that potential has past, but it could have been a solution to the LS1 problem without the restrictions fractals have

I think it's almost time to forget LS1 ever coming back as an arc. They are into making LS5 and whatever follows. Whilst the game isn't at any sort of end point, it is realistically unlikely they will divert resources into redoing LS1 to make it a playable story that all can play like any other Season.

Marionette would be a redesign to fit 5man but it could work, they would just have to change the lanes to require only 1 (your party) or make those lanes full of NPCs that do it for you on a timer. Even requiring you to do all the lanes , could fit an entire fractal. Or it could be a raid similar to how FF14 does raids, with multiple split up parties.

I'm not saying it would be easy but there are some possible ways to make it a fight again. I wonder if they can do a type of 'timewalking' if all that code still exists for LS1 just let people play in the old LA and do the fight normally.

The rest of the stuff I feel like they could more easily translate into an instanced map.

I don't feel like there is a profit in remaking open world events as fractals. If you just want to experience that type of content the Breach/Vinewrath in SW is pretty much a reskin of those fights already. As others have said, this sort of remake simply undercuts the value in bringing those events back in their original context so there will not be a chance of seeing the real thing ever again.

Realistically, I think the closest we can come to having S1 again is to turn it into a festival. It can be sold as a "reenactment" similar to how Factions dealt with the grasp murders and invasion of Shing Jea. This would allow the events to receive enough attention for open world play while not permanently altering the maps or asking for burdensome organization that would be needed if it was story journal content that most players would only do once.

Marionette Battle, would require more then what a Raid allows for, it should be a Open world "World Boss Meta"

As for Defending/Reclaiming as a fractal it wouldn't work not enough players, even a raid would be stretching it thin. What we need is a instance players can enter, much like the Aerodome and then proceed into LA to defend/reclaim. It should be on a timer so events go in order. Defend "Rescue citizens of Lions arch from the Scarlet Alliance and escape the Miasma " at the end all players are ejected back into the starting instance then 15-20 mins later the Reclaim "Defeat the invaders and Watchwork knights" if successful players are then allowed to enter the final battle with Scarlet.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> They could do something with the battle for LA, but the modification would be so heavy it would be name only - not doing it justice at all.

Battle for LA would make more sense if they ever wanted to do some sort of open world hard-mode content. Implement some number of fractal mechanics, have it take place in the mists...

Alternatively, it could even be part of a future LS release, considering what we saw in Jahai. Put it in the middle of the ocean or a boring area. Or, put it in the middle of an exciting area, I guess... put it on the Ring of Fire, and then you can worry about poison gas _and_ lava. Nice thing about fractals is that you can also just randomly dump other things in. Mai Trin fighting waves of Karka here, the Marionette stomping on Titans and Margonites over there, and the Breachmaker being assaulted by Mursaat and Jade Constructs. Oh look, the Colossus is helping us... rats, the Jade Maw zapped him. Etc.