New years resolution achievement...I need tips as to how to do this..

Tom.6478

Those 3 speed boosts you mention don't stack with each other. The game only uses the highest speed boost effect (and it caps out at 40%, unless it's Superspeed). As a Ranger, I'd suggest going Soulbeast and bring an Owl as your pet. Merge with it and use the F1 skill off cooldown for a fairly long leap. Also use Greatsword 3 for the long distance leap. Between those two and Leader of the Pact III, you should be able to finish the race within 5.5 mins without issues.

Just to add to the previous answer, you basically just need to use movement skills - running alone (as you've seen) isnt enough. Daredevil, mirage, and warrior are probably the easiest since they have the most access to such skills. Gliding is also faster than running with all the masteries, if the opportunity presents.

Mirage with focus off hand, Mimic, Blink, Jaunt and Signet of Inspiration for permanent swiftness as well as occasional teleports.

Daredevil with swiftness on dodge, shadows step as well as shortbow.

Soulbeast with Moa stance, great sword as well as Owl for permanent swiftness and two leaps should also work.

I did it yesterday on a level 14 mesmer I use for daily gathering, running no boosters or speed signets and only has access to 30s cd blink right now (don't blink through the gates btw), used the blink maybe 4 times and finished almost 30s ahead of the limit. I mean I do have leader of the pack and there was another player running beside me for the first 2 mins or so, but I don't know what boons, if any they were providing me.

Best advice, learn the course, gliding I believe is allowed and there are some small spots you can glide for a short shaving a couple of seconds overall, look for other walkers around, particularly those that provide public speed boosts, Ranger GS 3 or druid staff for quick (and well timed) leaps with low CDs plus the bird pet OR switch to a more mobile toon.

Another trick, if you yourself don't have the Pact Mastery, is to party up with someone who does. So long as you and they are in the same city, you share in the speed boost. However, I have no idea how that stacks with anything else.

I did the achieve on my Daredevil using a short bow, with Pact Mastery. Just put on auto run and spammed 5 (though if you do that be careful not to shadowstep through a gate, it sometimes doesn't tag you and you have to back track). If you have an empty character slot you can make a lowbie Thief, grab a basic short bow, and use that for the race.