Visual clutter on Siren's Reef (T4)

Vagrant.7206

I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

At the very least assign different colors.

I also think the captain's huge ass daze cone she spams all the time while you're trying to move from squalls, drop off heat zones, and group for sharks while mobs spam chill is way over the top.

Why are we having a constantly spammed conal daze to begin with?

> @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

>

> At the very least assign different colors.

>

> I also think the captain's huge kitten daze cone she spams all the time while you're trying to move from squalls, drop off heat zones, and group for sharks while mobs spam chill is way over the top.

>

> Why are we having a constantly spammed conal daze to begin with?

We now design content for our version of the trilogy. Please make sure to bring support and heals to trivialize this "hard" content. We do appreciate you noticing our attempts to create yet another failed WoW clone.

> @"Shadow Order.7258" said:

> > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

> >

> > At the very least assign different colors.

> >

> > I also think the captain's huge kitten daze cone she spams all the time while you're trying to move from squalls, drop off heat zones, and group for sharks while mobs spam chill is way over the top.

> >

> > Why are we having a constantly spammed conal daze to begin with?

>

> We now design content for our version of the trilogy. Please make sure to bring support and heals to trivialize this "hard" content. We do appreciate you noticing our attempts to create yet another failed WoW clone.

Well, support and heals are brought to help trivialize all T4 content. Y'know why T3 is so much harder than T4? No support/heals. Y'know why? Because once you have support and heals, the content becomes so much simpler you might as well do T4 for extra rewards.

But you still have to bring your game - support classes don't do it on their own. I was told of a group that couldn't finish final boss of Thaumanova despite having FB heals + support Chrono. Support classes just make it all easier.

The outrage train for this issue left the station years ago - this is the new normal (and has been since PoF launched afaik) so time for a paradigm change.

> @"Shadow Order.7258" said:

> > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > > I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

> >

> > At the very least assign different colors.

> >

> > I also think the captain's huge kitten daze cone she spams all the time while you're trying to move from squalls, drop off heat zones, and group for sharks while mobs spam chill is way over the top.

> >

> > Why are we having a constantly spammed conal daze to begin with?

>

> We now design content for our version of the trilogy. Please make sure to bring support and heals to trivialize this "hard" content. We do appreciate you noticing our attempts to create yet another failed WoW clone.

Can't heal if you're chain dazed anyways so I don't understand why you made a comment on the trinity when GW1 has had a trinity sice the beginning with Monk or Ritualist heals, and GW2 has had support builds since forever.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

You only have that in Siren's Reef, lol? I think my biggest problem with this game is the visual noise, what a mess it is.

> @"FOX.3582" said:

> > I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

>

> You only have that in Siren's Reef, lol? I think my biggest problem with this game is the visual noise, what a mess it is.

Nah, it's not just in Siren's Reef. The Twilight Oasis Fractal also has a bad visual clutter problem, I'm just used to it by now.

The thing is, the final boss on Siren's Reef has:

* Tons of trash mobs spawning constantly + their attacks

* Circle AoE of garbage

* Cone daze attack

* Giant squalls spawning regularly to knock you into the trash mobs and water (easy to miss because of all the other stuff, but is the most important thing to notice)

* Circle AoE of shark

* Conditions constantly being applied that alter your screen's view (birds makes this worse with blind)

* All of the normal visual clutter from the fight

The end result is that the screen is almost literally filled with crud. I had one guy in my group last night saying the only way he could play that boss was from a top-down view.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"FOX.3582" said:

> >

> > You only have that in Siren's Reef, lol? I think my biggest problem with this game is the visual noise, what a mess it is.

>

> Nah, it's not just in Siren's Reef. The Twilight Oasis Fractal also has a bad visual clutter problem, I'm just used to it by now.

>

> The thing is, the final boss on Siren's Reef has:

>

> * Tons of trash mobs spawning constantly + their attacks

> * Circle AoE of garbage

> * Cone daze attack

> * Giant squalls spawning regularly to knock you into the trash mobs and water (easy to miss because of all the other stuff, but is the most important thing to notice)

> * Circle AoE of shark

> * Conditions constantly being applied that alter your screen's view (birds makes this worse with blind)

> * All of the normal visual clutter from the fight

>

> The end result is that the screen is almost literally filled with crud. I had one guy in my group last night saying the only way he could play that boss was from a top-down view.

Welcome in Guild Wars 2, haha.

I don't have much to add that already has not been said it is just plain to much. Maybe keep everything but slow down the rates of the attacks that are automatic. Leave the skills from the boss at the same rate but make them hit a littler harder to make up for the speed of the knock offs and death circles.

> @"FOX.3582" said:

>

> You only have that in Siren's Reef, lol? I think my biggest problem with this game is the visual noise, what a mess it is.

Was doing the Jade Construct event in Bloodstone Fen the other day, staying back at range on my Rev using hammer and dropping stab + DR, while my wife happened to be watching over my shoulder. At one point I landed a Hammer 3 and a several 4-digit green numbers flashed on the screen.

My wife asked me: What was that?

I replied: I must have hit a water field.

Yeah, no way to see any field in that mess - the only reason I knew it was there was because I saw the effect of the blast finisher.

Visual clutter is a huge issue for me in this game. I tried Twilight Oasis for the first time the other day and really struggled on the last boss because of the clutter of effects. Makes me sad to hear that it is also an issue in the newest fractal. Sometimes the clutter gets so bad that I get sick from it and have to stop playing.