Another No Down-State Event?

xZombieTaco.5809

> @"Ruufio.1496" said:

> Since you don't seem to understand how to kill people with no counterplay and why no downed state i bad, I will help you:

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQFAUlsMhGnYXTw7Jw/ELtE22hK6ko0CAhoPAfzca2NB-jlBEABEcBAA4BA0mOAm2fU+lo6PbpEMAwBw5nHAO/8zP/8zr5nf+5nf+5nf+5lCgyJYA-w

>

> You are trying to tell me that I can't do what I have already done lol.

> That's like saying a soulbeast can't one shot anyone and never has.

>

> But I'll leave it at that. You can believe it's impossible if you want to.

I can guarantee that you have not "1 shot" killed a Minstrels FB Commander with either DJ + TRB *nor* Malicious Backstab. Why? Because math doesn't lie. You are not above mathematics...

Not to mention your "build" shows that you don't know much about DE for incredibly obvious reasons. I don't want to spoil it for you but here's a hint: Binding Shadows.

> @"Trajan.4953" said:

> I love how this thread has deteriorated to a couple of people arguing about pinsniping. LOL no wonder arenanet doesn't take us seriously

Could it be possible because sensationalizing and grossly over-stating the abundance of pin-sniping is one of the loudest cries of people who oppose the No-Downstate event? Gee...

The people have spoken, yet Anet does not listen.

The people don't want down state in WvW.

We the people hold these truths to be self-evident:

* Down State is a handicap for groups who hold the advantage in numbers

* There is no game in the universe who gives handicap advantage to those who already have the advantage (for some reason GW2 is the only game in the entire universe that handicaps the advantageous group.)

* Down state is a second life for noobs.

* Down state + [bowl of Fire Salsa](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Fire_Salsa) = never die when your team has the advantage in numbers.

* Down state punishes good people and rewards noobs.

* Stomp punishes the attacker by setting him in a 3 second invulnerable position that forces you to waste valuable defensive skills for a stomp that could or could not be.

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> The people have spoken, yet Anet does not listen.

> The people don't want down state in WvW.

> We the people hold these truths to be self-evident:

> * Down State is a handicap for groups who hold the advantage in numbers

> * There is no game in the universe who gives handicap advantage to those who already have the advantage (for some reason GW2 is the only game in the entire universe that handicaps the advantageous group.)

> * Down state is a second life for noobs.

> * Down state + [bowl of Fire Salsa](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Fire_Salsa) = never die when your team has the advantage in numbers.

> * Down state punishes good people and rewards noobs.

> * Stomp punishes the attacker by setting him in a 3 second invulnerable position that forces you to waste valuable defensive skills for a stomp that could or could not be.

Yes, the people have spoken, and a majority has said that they want to KEEP downstate. There are several polls and threads that have said this. These threads keep popping up in hopes that one day enough people will have cried the loudest for the devs to listen and remove Downstate. It's not going to happen. It's a core mechanic that has been built into the game from day one. So enough with this "remove Downstate" permanently. Just be happy that you will get it for a week once in a while and leave it at that.

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> * There is no game in the universe who gives handicap advantage to those who already have the advantage (for some reason GW2 is the only game in the entire universe that handicaps the advantageous group.)

Uh... Only like every shooter nowadays has downed state. Because people like it.

Unless you count tiny games such as Fortnite or the entire Battlefield series as mobile games or something.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"Luranni.9470" said:

> > People were/are polarised on Desert map and we got a compromise there, don't see why we can't have the odd no-downed event in a similar spirit :).

>

> We can. Once in a while the devs will apply it for a week. There is your compromise.

Works for me! So when's the next one!?? :D

> @"Luranni.9470" said:

> > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > @"Luranni.9470" said:

> > > People were/are polarised on Desert map and we got a compromise there, don't see why we can't have the odd no-downed event in a similar spirit :).

> >

> > We can. Once in a while the devs will apply it for a week. There is your compromise.

>

> Works for me! So when's the next one!?? :D

"soon"

I was on vacation when the last one happened so I never got to try it. I was agaisnt it in principle because I play a Berserker Staff Ele and staying alive when I shouldn't is just about my favorite part of the whole game. That said, I was surprised by how positively it was received and, while I would be dead set against any permanent change, a week of no-downstate every few months wouldn't be too terrible. I might die more but think of all the extra kills...

> @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> My power rev that has little access to stability for stomping would be fine with no downstate. I MIGHT EVEN BRING MY DE OUT OF HIBERNATION.

And THAT right there is why I detest No Downstate so much. The rampant overuse of Thieves and Mesmers during the event trying to spawn camp absolutely drives me crazy. If powercreep 1 shots were toned down, I might not have so much of an issue. But with the amount of damage both those classes can do from stealth, no thank you!

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > My power rev that has little access to stability for stomping would be fine with no downstate. I MIGHT EVEN BRING MY DE OUT OF HIBERNATION.

> And THAT right there is why I detest No Downstate so much. The rampant overuse of Thieves and Mesmers during the event trying to spawn camp absolutely drives me crazy. If powercreep 1 shots were toned down, I might not have so much of an issue. But with the amount of damage both those classes can do from stealth, no thank you!

Thats exactly what i was trying to point out. No downstate heavily favors ranged burst classes and classes that have little access to stability. Just pew pew as DE/Soulbeast or port burst as rev and move on. No need to move in for stomp or continue to fire from range to finish the enemy.

Since i play multiple classes i can take advantage of no down state. Do i think its a good thing? No... but if ANET brings it back for a week....sure ill take advantage of it.