Please Remove the Serial Code/Character Name thing

I was trying to recover my old account to transfer some stuff over to my new one, (because I just remembered the email I used for my old account) and when I tried to do so, they asked for the Serial Code and the name of my character on that account.

1. Who in the world would still have their serial code for their game 4-5 years after they bought the game not to mention that the game is free now, there's no need for that.

2. Not everyone can remember their character's name.

Just, please remove that requirement on trying to recover old accounts, it makes recovering them absolutely impossible for some people.

Sorry if it sounds stupid or anything, just irritating. lol

Supplying the Serial Code and/or Character Name is not mandatory, in most cases. The CS Team utilizes many different items of information to determine the actual owner of an account. Update your ticket stating you don't have access to that information, and ask that they request other information only you would know.

Good luck.

> @"FloofySpaceBun.4153" said:

> I was trying to recover my old account to transfer some stuff over to my new one, (because I just remembered the email I used for my old account)

I'm sorry it's been a struggle for you.

> 1. Who in the world would still have their serial code for their game 4-5 years after they bought the game

I keep mine, just in case something like this happens. It's my only "proof" of purchase.

> not to mention that the game is free now, there's no need for that.

The free game is free; accounts unlocked with QoL features **are not** free.

> 2. Not everyone can remember their character's name.

Which is why it's just _one_ of the many proofs-of-ownership for which ANet requests.

> Just, please remove that requirement on trying to recover old accounts, it makes recovering them absolutely impossible for some people.

They will help you no matter what you remember. The more you do, the faster it goes.

> Sorry if it sounds stupid or anything, just irritating. lol

The trade off for making recovery easier is less security. Without asking you "irritating" questions, anyone or their sister could unlock your account and take it over.