What are your guesses for the Legendary Greatsword next Episode?

Blocki.4931

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Ghostrider.6879" said:

> > ![](https://imgur.com/ssmdwTM.gif "")

> > You know it's name. I was surprised that the game didn't have a version of it already since it already got Mjölnir and Gungnir.

>

> both of them are from nordic mythology, that one is from english legends. (and if you look at the non-anime version A.K.A the legendary accurate one, it's quite a boring looking sword)

>

Ya that's my point. Real life mythology reference is not off the table. And since it's one of the most famous sword, I kinda want to see anet's version of it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few guesses:

a.) something like the Binding of Ipos: That would be a greatsword-skin that looks like anything but a greatsword. With a nice animation upon drawing and a fascinating combat animation set. Like a sword summoned from the mists, which floats infront of you like the Sword of Justice. We wield probably a scepter, a stick or a gemstone and the sword is nicely animated with all skills to compensate the lack of direct connection to the player.

b.) a joke-weapon with a ridiculous size, like Tomberry's knife or even smaller: It has to look as unimpressive as possible. The footprint effect might be something ridiculous like corrosion drops or rift-scratches.

c.) a blue brandstone shard sword: It is pretty much just a hilt you carry and builds up the crystal-blade when drawing. Animation similar to the drawing of Eureka/Cutting Edge. Footprints made of blue brandstone shards. And probably a shatter-animation when stowing the weapon.

d.) an exalted super-weapon: A greatsword that runs with the spirit of an actual exalted, crafted of pure light ... like an exalted on a stick :P. Upon drawing an exalted spawns infront of you, bows before you then turns into the blade or your greatsword. Animations similar to the photon forge, probably even more flashy.

If I could make the decision, I would definitely go with the idea of @"Randulf.7614" or @"Deimos.4263". Still waiting for the fractal you play as a skritt ^^.

There is a toysword they make that i think could be the base for the new lego sword. https://formidabletoys.com/product/dragon-arc-complete-sword/

I would name it Dragons Bane or Dragons Breath but i think something like that for a legendary greatsword would be nice. Its could be made of purple shards and aura that pulses crystals or purple and black tendrils , or keep it red like fire