Guild Halls Arena Balance

Strages.2950

Seeing as the Guild Hall Arenas have the purpose of pitting players in a controlled environment, I think having PVE balance on them detracts from their use. Especially when it comes to how conditions stack and work in PVE, not to mention the countless skill splits that have happened over balance patches.

I think it would be benefitial to have these arenas apply WvW balance so they can adequately represent what players would be facing in real combat situations with other players.

For Spvp balance there are countless open arenas where people can test, and if not they can make their own with a bit of gold and tokens.

This change would benefit build testing in general for WvW and would also reduce the amount of GvGs and dueling that detracts from actual WvW playstyle.

TLDR: Guild Hall arenas with pve balance don't represent actual combat situations against players. Make it WvW balance so ppl can test their builds properly and have a place to spar.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I don't duel, but doesn't WvW use PvE 'balance/skills'?

Not always.

While for e.g. the trait [Loremaster](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Loremaster "Loremaster") the PvE and WvW version share the same cooldown reduction, for [Tome of Justice](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tome_of_Justice "Tome of Justice") it are the PvP and the WvW version that share the same cooldown

> @"Strages.2950" said:

> Seeing as the Guild Hall Arenas have the purpose of pitting players in a controlled environment, I think having PVE balance on them detracts from their use. Especially when it comes to how conditions stack and work in PVE, not to mention the countless skill splits that have happened over balance patches.

>

> I think it would be benefitial to have these arenas apply WvW balance so they can adequately represent what players would be facing in real combat situations with other players.

>

> For Spvp balance there are countless open arenas where people can test, and if not they can make their own with a bit of gold and tokens.

>

> This change would benefit build testing in general for WvW and would also reduce the amount of GvGs and dueling that detracts from actual WvW playstyle.

>

> TLDR: Guild Hall arenas with pve balance don't represent actual combat situations against players. Make it WvW balance so ppl can test their builds properly and have a place to spar.

Agreed PvE balance makes no sense there

I'm going to guess that there are other problems/reasons this isn't so. And that it is unlikely to be as simple as just clicking a switch and it magically changes.

First of all, the GuildHalls are located in PvE world map, which likely dictates what is possible (pvp), several of the festivities maps with pvp elements had to be placed in the PVP game mode to be able to work/allow pvp. So in order to enable wvw rules in GH, they would probably have to move the entire map from PVE to WvW.... I can imagine that would cause a few new problems!

Especially that we'd likely be kicked out of the map every reset :p

I think it would be great if they could pull that off, one of my guilds loves having drunken duels in GH arena (and it was the first GH thing they upgraded...), but I'll also admit that I enjoy being able to abuse the PVE retribution modifier against them ;)

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> I'm going to guess that there are other problems/reasons this isn't so. And that it is unlikely to be as simple as just clicking a switch and it magically changes.

>

> First of all, the GuildHalls are located in PvE world map, which likely dictates what is possible (pvp), several of the festivities maps with pvp elements had to be placed in the PVP game mode to be able to work/allow pvp. So in order to enable wvw rules in GH, they would probably have to move the entire map from PVE to WvW.... I can imagine that would cause a few new problems!

>

> Especially that we'd likely be kicked out of the map every reset :p

>

> I think it would be great if they could pull that off, one of my guilds loves having drunken duels in GH arena (and it was the first GH thing they upgraded...), but I'll also admit that I enjoy being able to abuse the PVE retribution modifier against them ;)

As they are instanced content, ie. a map of their own, there should be no issue in moving them into the WvW balance as it wont affect the PVE map.

Problem is precisely the condition differences on how they stack and how they tick in PVE that makes a gigantic difference when fighting a player in PVE guild halls as opposed to WvW balance. For example the modifiers for torment:

While stationary (PvE only):

(0.06 * Condition Damage) + (0.25 * Level) + 2 damage per stack per second,

(0.06 * Condition Damage) + 22 damage per stack per second at level 80.

While stationary (WvW and sPvP):

(0.045 * Condition Damage) + 15.9 damage per stack per second

Are you sure there are absolutely no issues moving Guild Halls into WvW? They both have gathering nodes, but those nodes would not operate in the same manner. There are no Mounts allowed in WvW, some Tonics and Toys don't work in WvW. Are you sure Decorations will work in WvW?

As the Devs have said repeatedly, "Unfortunately, there's no magic switch or button to operate that easily changes/adds/removes content in the game."

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Are you sure there are absolutely no issues moving Guild Halls into WvW? They both have gathering nodes, but those nodes would not operate in the same manner. There are no Mounts allowed in WvW, some Tonics and Toys don't work in WvW. Are you sure Decorations will work in WvW?

> As the Devs have said repeatedly, "Unfortunately, there's no magic switch or button to operate that easily changes/adds/removes content in the game."

You make a a good point. I didnt think about that, I was focused on the balance aspect and not the stuff that doesn't work in WvW. That said, unless code is too spaghetti'd up to unravel, I would assume the balance section of it would be identifiable and replaceable for a particular instance without borking everything else.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> Guild hall in SPVP/Fractal like area when?

Wut? We're not discussing moving the guild hall somewhere else, we're discussing the guild arena balance not being PVE. If you mean when we'll get a new Guild Hall.... probably next expac, if that.