Does adding missing icons on the seasonal nodes will be benefitial for the game ?

Terter.4125

It is 2019 and the nodes **Bloodstone Crystal Node**, and **Petrified Wood Node** from **season 3** - **episode 1** launched on July 26, 2016 and **episode 2** launched on September 20, 2016, also the node **Brandstone Node** from **season 4** - **episode 1** launched on November 28, 2017 are missing icons on the map untill this day. I know the developers are burried with work but I am sure that 3 years is more than enough for them to add those 3 icons in the game. We all know it is old content, old season, old zones but many people still gather those nodes, many people still need them for collections, achievments and more. I believe that it would be benefitial to us all if they add new icons like the other living world maps so far. Do you agree, do you disagree? Let me hear your thoughts.

@Bluejin

While having different art on all the different nodes in game would be awesome, the amount of coding to alter that from the base table would be horrendously fiddly and most likely to break something. But the area nodes that are independent would be really nice like bloodstone and such much smaller table to attach a graphic to.

I know how it looks with all existing nodes in a home instance having each a different icon: Personally, I believe it is better not to have that. It's just too much too my taste. At the top of it, some of the icons are not easily visible depending on background color, what is quite annoying.

In overall maps, as is now is nicely clear: Ore = grey node, Plants = green leaves, Trees = brown log. Perfect. And since we can mouse over nodes on mini-map to see what it is in advance, allowing to decide if we go for it or not, for me, there is no real inconvenience.

I understand the idea of OP, but since I can see how it looks in home instance with all icons, I tend to prefer that it remains as is now for world maps. :)

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> I know how it looks with all existing nodes in a home instance having each a different icon: Personally, I believe it is better not to have that. It's just too much too my taste. At the top of it, some of the icons are not easily visible depending on background color, what is quite annoying.

>

> In overall maps, as is now is nicely clear: Ore = grey node, Plants = green leaves, Trees = brown log. Perfect. And since we can mouse over nodes on mini-map to see what it is in advance, allowing to decide if we go for it or not, for me, there is no real inconvenience.

>

> I understand the idea of OP, but since I can see how it looks in home instance with all icons, I tend to prefer that it remains as is now for world maps. :)

In the open world maps there wouldn't be a wide variety of icons - look at Lake Doric or Draconis Mons. Instead you could actually know a glance at the map wether that floating piece of rock in Bloodstone Fen has a Bloodstone node or if it's just Mithril. Again, *like Lake Doric etc*.

Sure. Icon for petrified wood (Ember bay) , brandstone meteorite (Istan) , volatile magic crystals (kourna) ah and eerie driftwood (sandswept).

I keep hearing players screaming where's driftwood.

Don't see why not since we have sticks and ice nodes icons in bitterfrost frontier.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> I do not actually object, it would be cool, but there are a lot of things I feel are more important that I wish they would work on instead.

I think polishing the game is important aspect as well. Half done things looks bad in a new player's eyes.

> @"Gopaka.7839" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > I do not actually object, it would be cool, but there are a lot of things I feel are more important that I wish they would work on instead.

>

> I think polishing the game is important aspect as well. Half done things looks bad in a new player's eyes.

...and you think that custom icons for LS nodes top the list?

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> I know how it looks with all existing nodes in a home instance having each a different icon: Personally, I believe it is better not to have that. It's just too much too my taste. At the top of it, some of the icons are not easily visible depending on background color, what is quite annoying.

>

> In overall maps, as is now is nicely clear: Ore = grey node, Plants = green leaves, Trees = brown log. Perfect. And since we can mouse over nodes on mini-map to see what it is in advance, allowing to decide if we go for it or not, for me, there is no real inconvenience.

>

> I understand the idea of OP, but since I can see how it looks in home instance with all icons, I tend to prefer that it remains as is now for world maps. :)

I disagree _personally_, but you raise a good point that anet should consider.

I personally think, as long as it’s the unique nodes, it wouldn’t be too chaotic.

For ores and trees I’m 50/50, but there are so many plants, roots, berries, and fruits, that would be way too chaotic