Should Rezzing/Downstate get nerfed?

X T D.6458

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

> There is nothing RPG about the downstate skills.

If you pick a role and get a specific selection of skills for that role it's by definition RPG.

I swear some people wont be happy until everyone has 100hp and everyone does exactly 25 damage on hit on the same cd, with no downstate and no healing.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Here's how other mmo games tackle the rpg part of dying, you're instantly dead, walk back to your corpse, the end.

You're instantly dead when you die in GW2 too and have to waypoint to spawn or get ressed by someone out of combat. How other games handle death can be interesting, but not really relevant to downed state. Because downed state is still alive and in combat.

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > I would love res back to how to it performed in gw1, or at least some hybrid system.

> >

> >

>

> So everyone can waste a utility slot on it?

IF he wants a rez yes :} to getcarried u dont need 7 damage skills u know :}

Every class could have access to resurrection signet, and maybe some elite specs or core skills could be tweaked for that as well, imagine monk focus or some healing skills on some class alowing to do that, downstate would be the timezone to actually use those skills, example imagine using pet rescue resurrecting that ally, if used while target is downed it would have its normal CD, if used while perfoming a hard rez skill, full down state, skill would take 3X casting time and have double CD this would lock the player punishing it if he choose bad timing perfoming a skill.

Meanwhile get close and full the ally would be nerfed by alot, really alot :} has in a exception to the team gettin its res skills burned.

Team work should work game wide within alot mechanics, not only in aoe spam stack....

yeah it is understandable most gw2 players would hate to think if they would rez the player or not while they can stack and put low effort on resing :] to think some players want to put slightly more effort on the gameplay, those insolent players making other players choose if they want to res faster with trade offs or remove some skill on sme precious carry gimmick rotation ....

Understandable for the current gw2 population quality.

> @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > Keep in mind class hp effects down state hp so ele has the lowest down state hp in the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > Does it matter when they can mist into a door or back into the zerg? Down state skills are horribly imbalanced.

> > > >

> > > > Its not an invariability you can be cc in it with unblockables. The down state being tide to class hp is imbalanced as ele can simply just die before they can trigger any down state effect where necro can stop there own life from falling with out attking from passive effects.

> > > >

> > > > Being able to reaz ppl with skills from down state of any level IS the real problem in wvw and what makes any fight in wvw last forever.

> > >

> > > First of all

> > > If you play war, longbow ranger, anything on thief, or Reaper

> > > You probably capable of downing An 'full glass ele' within 4 hits

> > > The default skill of ele on downstate hits like you lash with a wet noodle (while others like war and nec can stack up really good) and now people wanna see that one skill nerved?

> > >

> > > Still the ele can be a bit overtuned, when you realise you can't be down in a golem, so if an ele mistforms into it (while Being down) he'll rally

> > > A pet rez underwater is still a bit overtuned, running decent damage on your armor fixes IT

> > >

> > > I think you gotta look to the whole package here And mostly its Just fine, some undertuned, some overtuned

> >

> > Rangers have the take 0 dmg with having the ability to go glass at the same time and yet your calling ele "overtuned" because of the ability to move for a few sec in down state. What story we tell our self.

>

> Im pointing out the downstate skills

> You know...this topic is about downstate...

Your the one who brought up things about ranger thf and reapers about doing ele just point it out. Any way you cant just look at down state skills with out looking at the full class Ele is a suside class having VAPOR form is a must or your going to have a glass class who has no real out.

Any way vapor form is not the same as mist form and has real counter play to it. If you do not know how to play vs it you should be punished for the lack of info. Ele lacks real dmg from its 1 skills like other classes down state as well as a hard cc.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > Keep in mind class hp effects down state hp so ele has the lowest down state hp in the game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Does it matter when they can mist into a door or back into the zerg? Down state skills are horribly imbalanced.

> > > > >

> > > > > Its not an invariability you can be cc in it with unblockables. The down state being tide to class hp is imbalanced as ele can simply just die before they can trigger any down state effect where necro can stop there own life from falling with out attking from passive effects.

> > > > >

> > > > > Being able to reaz ppl with skills from down state of any level IS the real problem in wvw and what makes any fight in wvw last forever.

> > > >

> > > > First of all

> > > > If you play war, longbow ranger, anything on thief, or Reaper

> > > > You probably capable of downing An 'full glass ele' within 4 hits

> > > > The default skill of ele on downstate hits like you lash with a wet noodle (while others like war and nec can stack up really good) and now people wanna see that one skill nerved?

> > > >

> > > > Still the ele can be a bit overtuned, when you realise you can't be down in a golem, so if an ele mistforms into it (while Being down) he'll rally

> > > > A pet rez underwater is still a bit overtuned, running decent damage on your armor fixes IT

> > > >

> > > > I think you gotta look to the whole package here And mostly its Just fine, some undertuned, some overtuned

> > >

> > > Rangers have the take 0 dmg with having the ability to go glass at the same time and yet your calling ele "overtuned" because of the ability to move for a few sec in down state. What story we tell our self.

> >

> > Im pointing out the downstate skills

> > You know...this topic is about downstate...

>

> Your the one who brought up things about ranger thf and reapers about doing ele just point it out. Any way you cant just look at down state skills with out looking at the full class Ele is a suside class having VAPOR form is a must or your going to have a glass class who has no real out.

>

> Any way vapor form is not the same as mist form and has real counter play to it. If you do not know how to play vs it you should be punished for the lack of info. Ele lacks real dmg from its 1 skills like other classes down state as well as a hard cc.

I Just think its wierd they can rally by entering a golem. I guess its my fault dont know how to counter that?

> @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > Keep in mind class hp effects down state hp so ele has the lowest down state hp in the game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Does it matter when they can mist into a door or back into the zerg? Down state skills are horribly imbalanced.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Its not an invariability you can be cc in it with unblockables. The down state being tide to class hp is imbalanced as ele can simply just die before they can trigger any down state effect where necro can stop there own life from falling with out attking from passive effects.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Being able to reaz ppl with skills from down state of any level IS the real problem in wvw and what makes any fight in wvw last forever.

> > > > >

> > > > > First of all

> > > > > If you play war, longbow ranger, anything on thief, or Reaper

> > > > > You probably capable of downing An 'full glass ele' within 4 hits

> > > > > The default skill of ele on downstate hits like you lash with a wet noodle (while others like war and nec can stack up really good) and now people wanna see that one skill nerved?

> > > > >

> > > > > Still the ele can be a bit overtuned, when you realise you can't be down in a golem, so if an ele mistforms into it (while Being down) he'll rally

> > > > > A pet rez underwater is still a bit overtuned, running decent damage on your armor fixes IT

> > > > >

> > > > > I think you gotta look to the whole package here And mostly its Just fine, some undertuned, some overtuned

> > > >

> > > > Rangers have the take 0 dmg with having the ability to go glass at the same time and yet your calling ele "overtuned" because of the ability to move for a few sec in down state. What story we tell our self.

> > >

> > > Im pointing out the downstate skills

> > > You know...this topic is about downstate...

> >

> > Your the one who brought up things about ranger thf and reapers about doing ele just point it out. Any way you cant just look at down state skills with out looking at the full class Ele is a suside class having VAPOR form is a must or your going to have a glass class who has no real out.

> >

> > Any way vapor form is not the same as mist form and has real counter play to it. If you do not know how to play vs it you should be punished for the lack of info. Ele lacks real dmg from its 1 skills like other classes down state as well as a hard cc.

>

> I Just think its wierd they can rally by entering a golem. I guess its my fault dont know how to counter that?

That just bad programing on anet end not balancing at all. I would even call that exploration by players. (I did not know you could do that be careful talking about it.)

They can outright remove downstate if they want to, but then they would have to rebalance everything. But then again, everything needs to be rebalanced anyway. A huge balance patch that shakes up the entire meta is way overdue at this point. Either way I don't care that much about downstate. The game can work with or without it. You may feel like it's too easy to get up from downstate, but at the same time it also true that it's too easy to get downed in the first place, at least for certain professions. There are too many things that are broken right now.

Some call the vapor form for downed eles overpowered, sure it gets you out of sticky situation quite often. And it's a very handy tool for playing ele at least a bit more offensive.

But I would not say other classes are at a significant disadvantage, as they have clones or teleports as abilites on downed, can just stand up in hopes of managing to kill someone and stay up, or, worst of all, can have their pet heal them (sometimes faster than some can deal damage) back to life.

The vapor form for eles is more of a last ditch crutch for an already underpowered and way too squishy class, just something that allows you to not be completly useless on a more risky offensive action.

But to the issue: despite this all, I, playing nothing but Ele in WvW usually, would fully support the removal of downed state in WvW.

Countless times I've found the rallying on kills to seemingly turn around fights, especially in small scale. Even worse so for roamers, for example when fighting in camps. You just downed the enemy, but just before you manage to actually kill them, an NPC dies and they stand up again. With lots of health, recharged abilities and so on.

At the same time though, we need to have the amount of damage thrown around by some classes in WvW fixed. Having a single low cd ability throw out 15+k damage, fast firing auto-attacks with 2-3k damage per hit, unblockable 1500 ranged attacks that kill you in a second,... it's a bit insane if you ask me. Or at least we need to have the survivability of some classes balanced better. Why can someone who does just as much damage as an Ele survive ten times better than the Ele - for example.

Just removing rally on kills could already be an interesting change. That would require team effort to rezz someone.

But downed skills need to be better balanced as well, if being downed becomes more prevelant.