Constructive Feedback Regarding The Current State of WvW

Caysadia.7405

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Acyk.9671" said:

> > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > @"Caysadia.7405" said:

> > >

> > > > **TLDR: Scourge and Firebrand are way too dominant and stifle any competition in their roles, Rev is alright but may need a look at its cds if scourge and fb get nerfed, Soulbeast mirage and deadeye are extremely unfun to fight against and have too much reward for how little risk they have, ...**

> > >

> > > dont know on which Server you are playing. but firebrand and scourge are not the Problem imo. you say boon hate of scourge is too great? i just could laugh when i red that. in fact no number of scourges is able to deny the boonspam of revs and FBs,..... you have **rev glint every 3 seconds 3-4 boons on 5 persons**.

> > >

> > > you have **warrior stances every seconds** boons.

> > >

> > > you have **Fb tomes and Symbols spamming every seconds tonnes of boons.** the only way to kill a Frontline at These days is the combination of WoD and FULL BOMB of scourge boonhate because the WoD is denying reapply of boons. otherwise no Chance for scourges.

> > >

> > > in zergfights scourges are heavily outranged by revs and eles and never can pirate ship like you say cause they would get insta oneshotted when they just TRY to come in range for spiking.

> > >

> > > on the other side FB and their aegis spam is the only Thing that counter current rev hammer Trains. without FB aegis rev would one shoot everything in zergfights.

> > > herald is good balanced xD. i am main necro but i mostly Play power rev with hammer in zergs because this class is maximum busted. a class that is able to hit a full Minstrel FB with 10k dmg - sry but calling that balanced is just a bit delusional^^.

> > >

> > > tbh this days its harder to find necros for our zergs since most People prefer to Play rev because rev does more dmg, more boons, has more Sustain and mobility. only Thing scourge is better is boonhate. **playing necro in zergs feels like sitting in a FB jail**. go out and you got punished. and even devouring Darkness is just a joke when facing the massive boonspam current meta delivers.

> > >

> > > and the only classes that are not heavily presented in current zerg meta are the medium armor classes (thief, ranger, engi). These classe get mostly just used by guilds (DD staff for backline pressure), engi smoke field blast for invis,....

> > >

> > > all other classes have good representation. mostly 20% scourge (boonhate), 20% FB (Overall support), 20% herald (dmg) , 20% ele (dmg), 10 % Warriors(for push pressure and WoD), 10% mesmers (utility like Portal, vail, gravi).

> > >

> > > in zergmeta anet just should Focusing on bringing medium armor classes in the meta by improving their utilities they already have (like i wrote: Staff DD or engi with smokefields). for the rest, the zergmeta is fine. best we have since a Long time.

> > >

> > > **in roaming** the Problem with called classes (soulbeast, Mirage, i would add holo and core warri) is like you correctly say. just too much of everything in just 1 build. while DE is tamed i think. counterplay exist, thats fine.

> > >

> > > anet just Need to remove one of the Points (high mobility, high sustain, high dmg) from These builds to bring them in line with other classes.

> > >

> > > i mean necros can do some dmg, but are immobile af. (low mobility - low sustain - high dmg)

> > > eles can tank a bunch of People as weaver but lacking dmg than ( high Sustain - okayish mobility - low dmg)

> > >

> > > thats the way classes should be designed. strenghtess AND weaknesses. not just strenghts.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > OP fails to understand that Rev is a problem in its current condition but don't say that scourge isn't either. The radius and duration of their shade to be sure to corrupt boons is just insane. You numbers are off, no zerg plays with 10 scourge nor 10 weaver. It's more like 15-20 and 5. And no one plays 5 chronos + 5 SB anymore.

> >

> > EDIT: Support got nerfed, damage need to follow.

>

> Scourge has seen nerf after nerf. Big shade cd was tripled, F-skill cd was increased by 50-200%, nerf of Dhuumfire, to name a few major ones. The only buff was devouring darkness, which requires curses as a traitline. Nerf it more?

Having a gtaoe also proc an unchanneled pbaoe was a bad idea that shouldn't have made it past the brainstorm session in the same way giving thief a 1500 range backstab was certain to be a mess.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Acyk.9671" said:

> > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > @"Caysadia.7405" said:

> > > >

> > > > > **TLDR: Scourge and Firebrand are way too dominant and stifle any competition in their roles, Rev is alright but may need a look at its cds if scourge and fb get nerfed, Soulbeast mirage and deadeye are extremely unfun to fight against and have too much reward for how little risk they have, ...**

> > > >

> > > > dont know on which Server you are playing. but firebrand and scourge are not the Problem imo. you say boon hate of scourge is too great? i just could laugh when i red that. in fact no number of scourges is able to deny the boonspam of revs and FBs,..... you have **rev glint every 3 seconds 3-4 boons on 5 persons**.

> > > >

> > > > you have **warrior stances every seconds** boons.

> > > >

> > > > you have **Fb tomes and Symbols spamming every seconds tonnes of boons.** the only way to kill a Frontline at These days is the combination of WoD and FULL BOMB of scourge boonhate because the WoD is denying reapply of boons. otherwise no Chance for scourges.

> > > >

> > > > in zergfights scourges are heavily outranged by revs and eles and never can pirate ship like you say cause they would get insta oneshotted when they just TRY to come in range for spiking.

> > > >

> > > > on the other side FB and their aegis spam is the only Thing that counter current rev hammer Trains. without FB aegis rev would one shoot everything in zergfights.

> > > > herald is good balanced xD. i am main necro but i mostly Play power rev with hammer in zergs because this class is maximum busted. a class that is able to hit a full Minstrel FB with 10k dmg - sry but calling that balanced is just a bit delusional^^.

> > > >

> > > > tbh this days its harder to find necros for our zergs since most People prefer to Play rev because rev does more dmg, more boons, has more Sustain and mobility. only Thing scourge is better is boonhate. **playing necro in zergs feels like sitting in a FB jail**. go out and you got punished. and even devouring Darkness is just a joke when facing the massive boonspam current meta delivers.

> > > >

> > > > and the only classes that are not heavily presented in current zerg meta are the medium armor classes (thief, ranger, engi). These classe get mostly just used by guilds (DD staff for backline pressure), engi smoke field blast for invis,....

> > > >

> > > > all other classes have good representation. mostly 20% scourge (boonhate), 20% FB (Overall support), 20% herald (dmg) , 20% ele (dmg), 10 % Warriors(for push pressure and WoD), 10% mesmers (utility like Portal, vail, gravi).

> > > >

> > > > in zergmeta anet just should Focusing on bringing medium armor classes in the meta by improving their utilities they already have (like i wrote: Staff DD or engi with smokefields). for the rest, the zergmeta is fine. best we have since a Long time.

> > > >

> > > > **in roaming** the Problem with called classes (soulbeast, Mirage, i would add holo and core warri) is like you correctly say. just too much of everything in just 1 build. while DE is tamed i think. counterplay exist, thats fine.

> > > >

> > > > anet just Need to remove one of the Points (high mobility, high sustain, high dmg) from These builds to bring them in line with other classes.

> > > >

> > > > i mean necros can do some dmg, but are immobile af. (low mobility - low sustain - high dmg)

> > > > eles can tank a bunch of People as weaver but lacking dmg than ( high Sustain - okayish mobility - low dmg)

> > > >

> > > > thats the way classes should be designed. strenghtess AND weaknesses. not just strenghts.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > OP fails to understand that Rev is a problem in its current condition but don't say that scourge isn't either. The radius and duration of their shade to be sure to corrupt boons is just insane. You numbers are off, no zerg plays with 10 scourge nor 10 weaver. It's more like 15-20 and 5. And no one plays 5 chronos + 5 SB anymore.

> > >

> > > EDIT: Support got nerfed, damage need to follow.

> >

> > Scourge has seen nerf after nerf. Big shade cd was tripled, F-skill cd was increased by 50-200%, nerf of Dhuumfire, to name a few major ones. The only buff was devouring darkness, which requires curses as a traitline. Nerf it more?

>

> Having a gtaoe also proc an unchanneled pbaoe was a bad idea that shouldn't have made it past the brainstorm session in the same way giving thief a 1500 range backstab was certain to be a mess.

You misspelled soulbeast there, Letoll

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Acyk.9671" said:

> > > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > > @"Caysadia.7405" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > **TLDR: Scourge and Firebrand are way too dominant and stifle any competition in their roles, Rev is alright but may need a look at its cds if scourge and fb get nerfed, Soulbeast mirage and deadeye are extremely unfun to fight against and have too much reward for how little risk they have, ...**

> > > > >

> > > > > dont know on which Server you are playing. but firebrand and scourge are not the Problem imo. you say boon hate of scourge is too great? i just could laugh when i red that. in fact no number of scourges is able to deny the boonspam of revs and FBs,..... you have **rev glint every 3 seconds 3-4 boons on 5 persons**.

> > > > >

> > > > > you have **warrior stances every seconds** boons.

> > > > >

> > > > > you have **Fb tomes and Symbols spamming every seconds tonnes of boons.** the only way to kill a Frontline at These days is the combination of WoD and FULL BOMB of scourge boonhate because the WoD is denying reapply of boons. otherwise no Chance for scourges.

> > > > >

> > > > > in zergfights scourges are heavily outranged by revs and eles and never can pirate ship like you say cause they would get insta oneshotted when they just TRY to come in range for spiking.

> > > > >

> > > > > on the other side FB and their aegis spam is the only Thing that counter current rev hammer Trains. without FB aegis rev would one shoot everything in zergfights.

> > > > > herald is good balanced xD. i am main necro but i mostly Play power rev with hammer in zergs because this class is maximum busted. a class that is able to hit a full Minstrel FB with 10k dmg - sry but calling that balanced is just a bit delusional^^.

> > > > >

> > > > > tbh this days its harder to find necros for our zergs since most People prefer to Play rev because rev does more dmg, more boons, has more Sustain and mobility. only Thing scourge is better is boonhate. **playing necro in zergs feels like sitting in a FB jail**. go out and you got punished. and even devouring Darkness is just a joke when facing the massive boonspam current meta delivers.

> > > > >

> > > > > and the only classes that are not heavily presented in current zerg meta are the medium armor classes (thief, ranger, engi). These classe get mostly just used by guilds (DD staff for backline pressure), engi smoke field blast for invis,....

> > > > >

> > > > > all other classes have good representation. mostly 20% scourge (boonhate), 20% FB (Overall support), 20% herald (dmg) , 20% ele (dmg), 10 % Warriors(for push pressure and WoD), 10% mesmers (utility like Portal, vail, gravi).

> > > > >

> > > > > in zergmeta anet just should Focusing on bringing medium armor classes in the meta by improving their utilities they already have (like i wrote: Staff DD or engi with smokefields). for the rest, the zergmeta is fine. best we have since a Long time.

> > > > >

> > > > > **in roaming** the Problem with called classes (soulbeast, Mirage, i would add holo and core warri) is like you correctly say. just too much of everything in just 1 build. while DE is tamed i think. counterplay exist, thats fine.

> > > > >

> > > > > anet just Need to remove one of the Points (high mobility, high sustain, high dmg) from These builds to bring them in line with other classes.

> > > > >

> > > > > i mean necros can do some dmg, but are immobile af. (low mobility - low sustain - high dmg)

> > > > > eles can tank a bunch of People as weaver but lacking dmg than ( high Sustain - okayish mobility - low dmg)

> > > > >

> > > > > thats the way classes should be designed. strenghtess AND weaknesses. not just strenghts.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > OP fails to understand that Rev is a problem in its current condition but don't say that scourge isn't either. The radius and duration of their shade to be sure to corrupt boons is just insane. You numbers are off, no zerg plays with 10 scourge nor 10 weaver. It's more like 15-20 and 5. And no one plays 5 chronos + 5 SB anymore.

> > > >

> > > > EDIT: Support got nerfed, damage need to follow.

> > >

> > > Scourge has seen nerf after nerf. Big shade cd was tripled, F-skill cd was increased by 50-200%, nerf of Dhuumfire, to name a few major ones. The only buff was devouring darkness, which requires curses as a traitline. Nerf it more?

> >

> > Having a gtaoe also proc an unchanneled pbaoe was a bad idea that shouldn't have made it past the brainstorm session in the same way giving thief a 1500 range backstab was certain to be a mess.

>

> You misspelled soulbeast there, Letoll

Soulbeast has its own set of issues. Having idiot-proof design isn't one, unlike scourge

Permaboon is too Op.

Siege needs Boon Stripping, since it can no longer effect maximum damage effect.

If you can't put Boon Stripping on siege, then Boons need to have a severe Cooldown. This perma-up ability for entire groups or zergs is the pits. It's giving a severe mentality to losing groups that they can't do any damage, and giving the permaboon groups a case of the severe smirks.

> @"KeyOrion.9506" said:

> Permaboon is too Op.

> Siege needs Boon Stripping, since it can no longer effect maximum damage effect.

> If you can't put Boon Stripping on siege, then Boons need to have a severe Cooldown. This perma-up ability for entire groups or zergs is the pits. It's giving a severe mentality to losing groups that they can't do any damage, and giving the permaboon groups a case of the severe smirks.

This would be in favor of the Defender even more

Yes if would balance out the perma boon meta and 'ball of dead*

But IT Will have a larger impact on smaller groups and roaming groups who rely on those 4-5 Boons for their survivability

And would lower the skillfloor in this gamemode even more

> @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > @"KeyOrion.9506" said:

> > Permaboon is too Op.

> > Siege needs Boon Stripping, since it can no longer effect maximum damage effect.

> > If you can't put Boon Stripping on siege, then Boons need to have a severe Cooldown. This perma-up ability for entire groups or zergs is the pits. It's giving a severe mentality to losing groups that they can't do any damage, and giving the permaboon groups a case of the severe smirks.

>

> This would be in favor of the Defender even more

> Yes if would balance out the perma boon meta and 'ball of dead*

> But IT Will have a larger impact on smaller groups and roaming groups who rely on those 4-5 Boons for their survivability

> And would lower the skillfloor in this gamemode even more

Exactly. What people who advocate for even more boon stripping fail to realize is that power creep is usually not a good thing. Boon strip on siege would make the current meta comps even more mandatory than before, because they would be the only comps that can keep the boon coverage that they need in order to keep up with the boon stripping. Professions and comps that spam less boons would be what is impacted most negatively.

What needs to happen is major nerfing in boon application on certain builds, so that the power creep is reversed.