Would your Guild Participate in 5vs5 Guild ladder

OutOfOrder.3719

> @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> They had a guild pvp team roster system that kind of did this but it was never for sure vs another guild. I'd love some real gvg in guild wars 2 like gw1. Since it's you know guild wars... lol not pve wars.

it is like the players on the forums don't believe that game mode, if ran like GW1 was, would be popular.

There was a guild leaderboard once back in the day, and it was a completely meme, with Car Crash taking 9 out of 10 spots or so for most seasons, because they were the only high level team that bothered it. And in the end not even them, it was basically entirely PvE/WvW guilds that weren't even close to ESL when it got abolished. The top team was from a random WvW roamer guild and even regularly lost Ranked Games vs full pugs when qing with full or almost full pre. WIth the population level we have it would just result in maybe 2 or 3 decent teams farming low level teams at different times, and the one who does more of that grind takes the first spot.

> @"Falan.1839" said:

> There was a guild leaderboard once back in the day, and it was a completely meme, with Car Crash taking 9 out of 10 spots or so for most seasons, because they were the only high level team that bothered it. And in the end not even them, it was basically entirely PvE/WvW guilds that weren't even close to ESL when it got abolished. The top team was from a random WvW roamer guild and even regularly lost Ranked Games vs full pugs when qing with full or almost full pre. WIth the population level we have it would just result in maybe 2 or 3 decent teams farming low level teams at different times, and the one who does more of that grind takes the first spot.

didnt they just q up in stronghold.

i think ruleset and design is more of an issue than interest

> @"Flandre.2870" said:

> There were tries of implementing team que but it will never work because que times will be an hour long. What's there that you don't understand? Just play the ATs

ATs are on a timetable that contradicts work, family and sleep times. It also works against time zones, gotta find those moments when the ASIA and NA times sync up for that hour or 2 before people go to work, school and bed. It gets even more limited once you take into account that some players only have half hour to an hour up thier sleeves for a quick match or 2 with friends before finishing off another goal in another game.

Why not just let us play at our own discretion again, the games population was much healthier and friendlier when they did allow it.

I was a fan of the old system, solo queue and a team queue that solo queue players could play for boosted rewards.. This is a system that catered to all players without restrictions or exclusions. Gaming is also an adults hobby, but adults tend to have responsibilities to attend too before having downtime on a game and those moments aren't preset either, you take them when you can get them.

Good days when you had 15 people from 1 guild in the queue then being matched up against your own guildies, unfortunately most of them left when Anet decided that PvP shouldnt be played with friends or like minded players.

> @"Flandre.2870" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Flandre.2870" said:

> > > There were tries of implementing team que but it will never work because que times will be an hour long. What's there that you don't understand? Just play the ATs

> >

> > ATs are on a timetable that contradicts work, family and sleep times. It also works against time zones, gotta find those moments when the ASIA and NA times sync up for that hour or 2 before people go to work, school and bed. It gets even more limited once you take into account that some players only have half hour to an hour up thier sleeves for a quick match or 2 with friends before finishing off another goal in another game.

> >

> > Why not just let us play at our own discretion again, the games population was much healthier and friendlier when they did allow it.

> >

> > I was a fan of the old system, solo queue and a team queue that solo queue players could play for boosted rewards.. This is a system that catered to all players without restrictions or exclusions. Gaming is also an adults hobby, but adults tend to have responsibilities to attend too before having downtime on a game and those moments aren't preset either, you take them when you can get them.

> >

> > Good days when you had 15 people from 1 guild in the queue then being matched up against your own guildies, unfortunately most of them left when Anet decided that PvP shouldnt be played with friends or like minded players.

> >

> >

>

> So sitting in one hour que to play one game ( if not longer) will give you satisfaction? When people realize how long the que is it's gonna become even more dead.

> You didn't play during team que back in 2014 and back then we had more playerbase as well. This game just can't support this type of que. Especially now that it's too old.

Your attempt to discredit my opinion with your baseless accusation is way off as Ive played since game release with over 10k hours clocked in PvP and WvW.

There won't be one hour queues either unless they format it differently to only be exclusive to 5 man premades which is why I mentioned the old system and Ive never spent more than 5 minutes in queue until roughly season 5 or 6... Around the time they removed team queue if memory serves me right.

Having restrictions to 5 man only is also more restrictions, there should be an open door policy. 5 man should be ranked under a team queue and anything less should be rated individually. (just one of many examples that could work for a better system after tweaks)

I also think the token loot system was much better than reward tracks too and I earnt my shark finisher by the time they decided to hand out free XP to everyone to boost literally everyone strait to dragon rank.

"didnt play before 2014" my kitten. I might not have been as active as OstrichEggs, Crow or the like but I was still around playing actively day in and day out.

Now you may be right that population under its current restrictions may not net enough players for team queue but logically speaking from a mathematical point of view, if you were to lift those restrictions and allow more people to play then more people will probably play, especially if people can farm/play with friends at thier own discretion.

But I'm a dirty filthy casual farmer that doesn't take ranked seriously, I use the rewards to entice players into the game mode and we farm them for fun. I understand this mentality is bad for leet gamers but we've been trying the leet way since season 4 or what ever and clearly it wasn't a healthy choice for the game mode, case in point is the population drop you mentioned since the removal of team queue.

Its a shame that something that could be fun for many is coming at the cost of solo players. Mathematically point of view is a solo player is exactly that, just 1 player and that 1 player is blocking the door to 5 others for the sake of thier selfishness and egotistical pursuit of an arbitrary number on a board.

> @"Flandre.2870" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Flandre.2870" said:

> > > There were tries of implementing team que but it will never work because que times will be an hour long. What's there that you don't understand? Just play the ATs

> >

> > ATs are on a timetable that contradicts work, family and sleep times. It also works against time zones, gotta find those moments when the ASIA and NA times sync up for that hour or 2 before people go to work, school and bed. It gets even more limited once you take into account that some players only have half hour to an hour up thier sleeves for a quick match or 2 with friends before finishing off another goal in another game.

> >

> > Why not just let us play at our own discretion again, the games population was much healthier and friendlier when they did allow it.

> >

> > I was a fan of the old system, solo queue and a team queue that solo queue players could play for boosted rewards.. This is a system that catered to all players without restrictions or exclusions. Gaming is also an adults hobby, but adults tend to have responsibilities to attend too before having downtime on a game and those moments aren't preset either, you take them when you can get them.

> >

> > Good days when you had 15 people from 1 guild in the queue then being matched up against your own guildies, unfortunately most of them left when Anet decided that PvP shouldnt be played with friends or like minded players.

> >

> >

>

> So sitting in one hour que to play one game ( if not longer) will give you satisfaction? When people realize how long the que is it's gonna become even more dead.

> You didn't play during team que back in 2014 and back then we had more playerbase as well. This game just can't support this type of que. Especially now that it's too old.

1 hour wait? Do you understand how dumb you sound by saying that over and over? At most the wait would be 15-25 mins. It takes about 15 Mins for matches in At and Monthly. Theirs no real difference in the wait AT all. However I agree that MOST games would be 1 sided but guess what? Most At match up's are completely 1 sided up in till semi or finals.

Please make a better argument as to why you'll think it would suck because with how everything is at the moment 5 man games with any proper "team" of players that been around long enough are usually always winning games and making it 1 sided. We shouldn't stop encouraging new format of 5 man ques because you and a handful others believe it'll be pointless. This Game Needs Something......anything other then "At's" to encourage Guilds or Teams to actually play more often then once a month.

There would have to be ladder requirements and algorithms that would need to be unique for this game mode.

For example, 1 Guild at a time can be represented for one game at a time . Climbing the Guild ladder would depend on how many games are won and lost when players represent a specific Guild.

There definitely would need to be new design features to match opponents together to track a Guild's progress up and down the ladder, as well as their win to loss ratio.

But what I love about this idea, is that ANET would not have to develop new maps and just use the current 5vs5 conquest maps that are being used in solo/duo que Ranked ladder now. In a time where ANET has fewer employees to get the job done, I think this 5vs5 Guild vs Guild ladder could be implemented in the next expansion.

No new additional maps would need to be implemented, only a new MMR matching system algorithm would need to be developed for this separate Team Ranked ladder.

We used to participate through the ranked queue, because there was a guild ladder for the ranked queue with guild teams.

Problem was the guild teams system was abused, but that was manageable, and then they removed the team ranked queue based on a poll, because people believed that they were being ganked, when they werent.

Basically instead of fine-tunning the system which was working reasonably well, they completely threw all the community building and systems they had to the trash before it barely got out of the box, especially for post-HoT Arena Net pace (remember, seasonal leagues were implemented for 5 seasons, a year almost to the day, before they removed the team queue, only by season 3-4 were the balance issues from unkillable mesmers and eles resolved). The guild teams and guild ladder, useless, the invitationals and pro championships, gone, only over half a year later did they add something resembling team pvp content, the AT's. That pretty much got rid of most competitive minded pvp players, especially guilds.

So, with all that, now my guild consists of entirely 1 active players, of which i'm estimating 1/2 is active in PvP, idk but the active player (not me, i play very seldom nowadays) used to do sPvP for the dailies, but that was about it. And i don't think you'll find many guilds to compete in that format any more.