Chrono+ druid vs Renebrand in fotm

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> Domi chrono removes boons, Spb too, Holo too, Deadeye too.

> You want a list for condicleanse now ? our group and give aegis with Inspiration.

> Thief can take smoke screen, daredevil has a reflect in i

> Your interrogation is why Chrono+War+3DPS with ONE (if needed) utility skill per DPS would still give more DPS than 2 supports build in diviner ?? Really ?

>

Only ren uses diviner. And yes. Ren + FB has even higher dps without a utility switch.

I said that FB + Ren has higher dps all the time. Slb, Ren, Fb, Weaver, Warr. All the buffs

> Of course if fight last longer, of course if you don't play with static, with coordination and you don't know how people react to aoes/attacks and placement, you would like good uptime of protection, healing, aegis, randomly reflects, etc ... But no, no; it's not world record guiness book with ren+fb.

>

Except that the fractal records were mostly done with fb + rene. Especially if you do them legit without wooden planks. There is lots of unpredictable stuff with the new instabs. Prot really helps there. Frailty + boon overload and weaver gets oneshotted without protection.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Daniel Handler.4816" said:

> I'm confused, what is the difference in DPS between

> ChronoX, ChronoRen, and ChronoFire? Because people are acting like the latter is suddenly vastly superior to the former two.

I think Noone said it, and chrono + FB is the most useless of mentioned. Chrono can cover quickness + Ala, alone so no need for fb here. Druid offers more offensive boons, and chrono + rev can work as well but it will suffer from might in pug groups

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > @"Daniel Handler.4816" said:

> > I'm confused, what is the difference in DPS between

> > ChronoX, ChronoRen, and ChronoFire? Because people are acting like the latter is suddenly vastly superior to the former two.

>

> I think Noone said it, and chrono + FB is the most useless of mentioned. Chrono can cover quickness + Ala, alone so no need for fb here. Druid offers more offensive boons, and chrono + rev can work as well but it will suffer from might in pug groups

Oops I meant ChronoRen, ChronoFire, and Renebrand. What is their DPS difference? Why is ChronoRen worse than Renebrand?

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > @"Daniel Handler.4816" said:

> > > I'm confused, what is the difference in DPS between

> > > ChronoX, ChronoRen, and ChronoFire? Because people are acting like the latter is suddenly vastly superior to the former two.

> >

> > I think Noone said it, and chrono + FB is the most useless of mentioned. Chrono can cover quickness + Ala, alone so no need for fb here. Druid offers more offensive boons, and chrono + rev can work as well but it will suffer from might in pug groups

>

> Oops I meant ChronoRen, ChronoFire, and Renebrand. What is their DPS difference? Why is ChronoRen worse than Renebrand?

>

so we go renebrand vs chrono+ x(druid/rene/dps)

both comps got 2 dps + bs

now chrono comps:

chrono deals 10-15k

druid deals around 3k and adds spirit of frost, glyph of empowerment and spotter(spotter is useless if u got enough ar)

revenant adds assasins presence, soulcleave summit and alacrity which gives 1 free skill spot for chrono(feedback/mimic), and deals 10-15k as diviner, 3k as healer

if u take 3rd dps u got additional 30k, and with soulbeast u got frost spirit.

so in 3 dps comp u got additional 40-45 k dps

and renebrand comp:

firebrand that covers quickness, deals 20k dps and has access to tomes, and 1 free utility slot(stand ur ground/wall of reflection)

diviner rev is as mentioned above. and here is funny thing. i was checking with friend burst rotations for dh and sb with or without kalla elite. on avarage it gives 6k dps incrase for burst. for ele it might be a bit higher. but for 2 dps + bs + fb it will be prolly 20k more.

so this comp provides additional 50-55k dps, while also providing much better utility in terms of reflects, stability, protection and healing from soulcleave summit(good scholar rune uptime).

also rev staff 5 is cc eater on big hitboxes. not sure how is chrono now after patch, but prolly it still needs TW for perma quickness. also if chrono miss his wells or tots, uptimes of boons goes massivly down, while fb and rev boons are instant and it just needs u to be close to allies.

imo only thing that is better in chrono comps are pulls and skips(nothing can replace chrono here(weaver cant skip all fractals the same)), but in terms of dps, survivability and utility firebrigade is just way ahead

edit: pug revbrand groups also suffers from might uptimes, cuz rene cant keep(im not sure about it entirelly) 25 might, and it can start only with 10 might so it needs prebuffing

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > @"Daniel Handler.4816" said:

> > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > @"Daniel Handler.4816" said:

> > > > I'm confused, what is the difference in DPS between

> > > > ChronoX, ChronoRen, and ChronoFire? Because people are acting like the latter is suddenly vastly superior to the former two.

> > >

> > > I think Noone said it, and chrono + FB is the most useless of mentioned. Chrono can cover quickness + Ala, alone so no need for fb here. Druid offers more offensive boons, and chrono + rev can work as well but it will suffer from might in pug groups

> >

> > Oops I meant ChronoRen, ChronoFire, and Renebrand. What is their DPS difference? Why is ChronoRen worse than Renebrand?

> >

>

> so we go renebrand vs chrono+ x(druid/rene/dps)

> both comps got 2 dps + bs

> now chrono comps:

> chrono deals 10-15k

> druid deals around 3k and adds spirit of frost, glyph of empowerment and spotter(spotter is useless if u got enough ar)

> revenant adds assasins presence, soulcleave summit and alacrity which gives 1 free skill spot for chrono(feedback/mimic), and deals 10-15k as diviner, 3k as healer

> if u take 3rd dps u got additional 30k, and with soulbeast u got frost spirit.

>

> so in 3 dps comp u got additional 40-45 k dps

>

> and renebrand comp:

> firebrand that covers quickness, deals 20k dps and has access to tomes, and 1 free utility slot(stand ur ground/wall of reflection)

> diviner rev is as mentioned above. and here is funny thing. i was checking with friend burst rotations for dh and sb with or without kalla elite. on avarage it gives 6k dps incrase for burst. for ele it might be a bit higher. but for 2 dps + bs + fb it will be prolly 20k more.

>

> so this comp provides additional 50-55k dps, while also providing much better utility in terms of reflects, stability, protection and healing from soulcleave summit(good scholar rune uptime).

>

> also rev staff 5 is cc eater on big hitboxes. not sure how is chrono now after patch, but prolly it still needs TW for perma quickness. also if chrono miss his wells or tots, uptimes of boons goes massivly down, while fb and rev boons are instant and it just needs u to be close to allies.

>

> imo only thing that is better in chrono comps are pulls and skips(nothing can replace chrono here(weaver cant skip all fractals the same)), but in terms of dps, survivability and utility firebrigade is just way ahead

>

So both ChronRen, and Renebrand have an extra slot for reflects or stab. The difference seems to be 5k dps and one has portal while the other has tomes. I don't see how this is way ahead.

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > @"Daniel Handler.4816" said:

> > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > @"Daniel Handler.4816" said:

> > > > > I'm confused, what is the difference in DPS between

> > > > > ChronoX, ChronoRen, and ChronoFire? Because people are acting like the latter is suddenly vastly superior to the former two.

> > > >

> > > > I think Noone said it, and chrono + FB is the most useless of mentioned. Chrono can cover quickness + Ala, alone so no need for fb here. Druid offers more offensive boons, and chrono + rev can work as well but it will suffer from might in pug groups

> > >

> > > Oops I meant ChronoRen, ChronoFire, and Renebrand. What is their DPS difference? Why is ChronoRen worse than Renebrand?

> > >

> >

> > so we go renebrand vs chrono+ x(druid/rene/dps)

> > both comps got 2 dps + bs

> > now chrono comps:

> > chrono deals 10-15k

> > druid deals around 3k and adds spirit of frost, glyph of empowerment and spotter(spotter is useless if u got enough ar)

> > revenant adds assasins presence, soulcleave summit and alacrity which gives 1 free skill spot for chrono(feedback/mimic), and deals 10-15k as diviner, 3k as healer

> > if u take 3rd dps u got additional 30k, and with soulbeast u got frost spirit.

> >

> > so in 3 dps comp u got additional 40-45 k dps

> >

> > and renebrand comp:

> > firebrand that covers quickness, deals 20k dps and has access to tomes, and 1 free utility slot(stand ur ground/wall of reflection)

> > diviner rev is as mentioned above. and here is funny thing. i was checking with friend burst rotations for dh and sb with or without kalla elite. on avarage it gives 6k dps incrase for burst. for ele it might be a bit higher. but for 2 dps + bs + fb it will be prolly 20k more.

> >

> > so this comp provides additional 50-55k dps, while also providing much better utility in terms of reflects, stability, protection and healing from soulcleave summit(good scholar rune uptime).

> >

> > also rev staff 5 is cc eater on big hitboxes. not sure how is chrono now after patch, but prolly it still needs TW for perma quickness. also if chrono miss his wells or tots, uptimes of boons goes massivly down, while fb and rev boons are instant and it just needs u to be close to allies.

> >

> > imo only thing that is better in chrono comps are pulls and skips(nothing can replace chrono here(weaver cant skip all fractals the same)), but in terms of dps, survivability and utility firebrigade is just way ahead

> >

>

> So both ChronRen, and Renebrand have an extra slot for reflects or stab. The difference seems to be 5k dps and one has portal while the other has tomes. I don't see how this is way ahead.

fb deals better burst dmg than chrono which is important in fractals, plus he has more supportive options. also im not sure how kalla elite works with chronos phantasms. does every phantasm occupy 1 of 5 targets, or it links thru chrono to all at the same time. it justt need testing.

I'm sorry but as long as 100 CM still has Slippery Slope, I'd pick FB over Chrono anytime, any days. I don't care about how hardcore people run, I only pug my daily fractals and no amounts of highly skilled chrono can save the run like a fail-safe FB. Pugs bring their own portal nowadays, and if u need cleave, many runs pReaper, so chrono pull isn't that needed anymore.

> @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> I'm sorry but as long as 100 CM still has Slippery Slope, I'd pick FB over Chrono anytime, any days. I don't care about how hardcore people run, I only pug my daily fractals and no amounts of highly skilled chrono can save the run like a fail-safe FB. Pugs bring their own portal nowadays, and if u need cleave, many runs pReaper, so chrono pull isn't that needed anymore.

>

I got used to guardian gr8sword pulls, it's fine enough to cleave everything down, but last time when I played with chrono, I realized how much I miss this focus 4 :3

• 2 weeks later...

i'm so glad people realize rene/fb is a thing now. they have been before SC posted it. it's just never been accepted into the horizon cuz it's not meta. but off meta filthy like us like build craft and build diversity and new stats are just better and better. people are so stuck up in 1 comp. i mean chrono for boons, and druid for heal, but for rene/fb, the role is kinda blended in. both pump boons that provide for the group. either or both can heal. but we don't need 2 healers in a fractal party. so rock paper scissors for the 2, so they can gear up. it's just an easier choice for rene to heal cuz tablet is op and projectile management. it's gearing for the new set is painful so i bet not a lot of rene/fb out there. but chrono/fb combo works too. help with quickness on chrono.