> > > > > > > @"dominik.9721" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"dominik.9721" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"pah.4931" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Wonder if these people calling for Herald nerfs have ever tried playing it. Damage is high and it is very unforgiving. Not to mention it is very meta-dependent, since it's so weak to condi. You could leave herald alone and it will drift in and out of fashion just based on what everyone else is playing.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sure, a great rev is really fun to watch (and OH sword number could handle slight tweaks). Sure, they are a pain to play against when driven by capable players. But they should be rewarded for piloting a difficult prof. That is the very definition of balance and all class design should strive for it...

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > They are without a doubt glass cannons. I cannot deny that.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I think they're just a little too able to disengage from fights. But that's the only thing I would change, everything else is just fine.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > They literally have barely anything to disengage from fights, the only thing they can do is engage. Revenants have no teleports or stealth mechanics to get away from a fight.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > The only thing they can do to get away is kite.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I regularly see them pop the following rotation to disengage:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Riposting Shadows -> Surge of the Mists -> Another Riposting Shadows OR Phase Traversal to another Target, ideally one with a height difference.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Unless you're a thief or a mesmer, it's really difficult to keep up with that.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Plenty of classes have leaps and or ranged attacks to deal with a Revenant that is trying to get away, using phase traversal to another target just disengages you from one fight and engages you into another accomplishing absolute no safety.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I've never managed to get away from a class yet by just using skills, I always have to do kiting to disengage from people.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you port away from far point to a mid target, you don't necessarily engage into another fight. Also Rev has huge kiting potential due to many evades, superspeed and counter cc.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That is true but it's an unreliable disengage because you can't always do it unlike a teleport where you blink away to wherever you want, you can't choose where your enemy is.

> > > > > > > > Yes Rev has kiting potential but not 'huge'. Warriors and rangers have far better kiting potential because of their leaps allowing them to get to places other classes without leaps (Rev for example) can't get to.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Rev has nothing special to disengage so I don't know why you think they do. Literally every other class besides guardian is better at disengaging from fights.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also regarding your "many evades and counter CC" remark, I guess the "many evades" come from riposting shadows, wich use 30 energy. Then you talk about the counter CC, the only CC a Revenant can use while trying to get away with Riposting Shadows is Surge of the mist, wich you need to use to your enemy so it's useless if you're trying to get away, or you need to use Jade Winds, wich uses 50 energy so if you're using Riposting Shadows you're unable to use Jade Winds.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So what 'counter cc' are you talking about here?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > - Staff 5 evades

> > > > > > > - Staff 3 evades/blocks

> > > > > > > - Sword 3 evades and bridges cd-times

> > > > > > > - Riposting shadows evades, provides endurance again and also gains distance when used backwards

> > > > > > > - Staff 5 is an aoe cc and defintly not useless. Juking/Kiting/Disengaging is not the same as running straight from far to mid. Sudden direction changes ect. are essential

> > > > > > > - Glint elite also is a cc and if you swap to shiro you can use riposing shadows, followed by another dodge

> > > > > > > - And superspeed can sometimes be better than any 900 range leap

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So what's your point?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you manage your CDs carefully you can evade and negate attacks for like 10-15 seconds in a row.

> > > > > > > There is a reason why revenant is literally the best class to bait steal from thief.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And just because self sustaining soulbeast is even better at juking around doesn't mean Rev isn't good at it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Staff 5 is slow, doesn't help disengaging

> > > > > > Staff 3 blocks but doesn't help disengaging

> > > > > > sword 3 makes you engage instead of disengage

> > > > > > Riposting shadows with impossible odds is your only way of disengaging but other classes have much better skills than this

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think you don't know what disengaging means, you're talking about kiting

> > > > > > My posts are about how Revenant has poor disengaging capabilities, all the skills you named don't help you disengage a target that is determined to kill you

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can easily kill any Revenant that overextended or is active in a fight, the only way Revenant are able to survive is by killing the enemy before they kill him, they don't have the right abilities to make a proper escape from being pressured.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can type as much as you want.

> > > > >

> > > > > Kiting is part of disengaging.

> > > > > As I said, disengaging doesn't mean running from far to mid.

> > > > > Disengaging means to leave a lost fight and to survive.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Wonder if these people calling for Herald nerfs have ever tried playing it. Damage is high and it is very unforgiving. Not to mention it is very meta-dependent, since it's so weak to condi. You could leave herald alone and it will drift in and out of fashion just based on what everyone else is playing.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sure, a great rev is really fun to watch (and OH sword number could handle slight tweaks). Sure, they are a pain to play against when driven by capable players. But they should be rewarded for piloting a difficult prof. That is the very definition of balance and all class design should strive for it...

> > > > > > > > > > > > > They are without a doubt glass cannons. I cannot deny that.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I think they're just a little too able to disengage from fights. But that's the only thing I would change, everything else is just fine.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > They literally have barely anything to disengage from fights, the only thing they can do is engage. Revenants have no teleports or stealth mechanics to get away from a fight.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I regularly see them pop the following rotation to disengage:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Riposting Shadows -> Surge of the Mists -> Another Riposting Shadows OR Phase Traversal to another Target, ideally one with a height difference.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Unless you're a thief or a mesmer, it's really difficult to keep up with that.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > lol, your skill chain make no sense XD, that revenant never engaged in the first place! How he has the energy for Risposting Shadow- Surge of the mist - again risposting shadow lol, its 80 energy total!!! Are you sure this revenant isnt disengaging whitout even starting a fight? XD XD XD You guys never played revenant, if you did you know that what you are writing is simply science fiction! Revenant is the worst class in disengaging, sure its very good in +1, but disengaging.... maybe only second to necro!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I mean the skill chain still doesn't make much sense, but you do realize rev gets his energy back when swapping to shiro? XD XD XD

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If I have to leave midfight on forest for example, I can easily dodge, staff 3, dodge, staff 5, (if glintheal not rdy) swapp to shiro, use riposting shadows, dodge again and 1 sec later I can target chieftain/svanir or an opponent and port away through the wall.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's not wvw where you get chased openfield by a zerg or sth.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You understand that if swapping in Shiro just like that, you can lose break stun.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ushually, you want to cc a rev when he's in glint and not in shiro for a reason.

> > > > > > > And actually this is known since 2015 HoT realese.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're actually dumb you want to CC a rev in shiro not in glint smh you really don't have a clue about Revenant and here you are making it look like you're a pro

> > > > >

> > > > > Back then in ESL you called in ts when a Rev swapped in glint to chain cc him because it was way more easy to set up combos than in shiro where he instantly would evade with reposting shadows, followed by more evades.

> > > > > And since I played in a professional environment - unlike you - in a team with Aurora, who was considered the best revenant together with Frae and Drazeh, I prolly do know more than you, ye.

> > > > >

> > > > > But ye, keep wasting your glint heal for one warrior stun and type "smh" in forums

> > > >

> > > > Yeah disengaging is more than just running from far to close, but most classes can do just that by using a skill or two. Whilst Revenant actually needs skill and kiting to disengage, wich was my point all this time but you seem to be unable to read properly.

> > > >

> > > Your point later was, that kiting and disengaging are two pairs of shoes, which is bs.

> > >

> > > > You've been in ESL? Funny, all the names you've mentioned are people I've seen videos of and already knew about them. But for some reason your name doesn't ring any bell. Probably a good reason for that.

> > > >

> > > https://www.esportsearnings.com/players/30496-grimkram-

> > > I couldn't care less if "Snellibee" who is sitting in gold division has ever seen me in a video or not.

> > >

> > > > If you have this much knowledge, you'd know attacking a rev in shiro is more worth because the chances of him having 30 energy to use riposting shadows are less likely than a revenant in glint to have infused light or signet of darkness up. Funny when a guy talks all big but everything he says is just hollow.

> > >

> > > I know that using a cc/burst combo against a rev in shiro is less worth because the chances of him using an instant evade+stunbreak with reposting shadows, followed by 3 more evades are quite high. In glint on the contrary, you are basically insta dead when you eat 2 stuns in a tf at the same time, because your stunbreak is a kitten blind instead of an instant evade which would have evaded the second stun.

> > > It has a reason that you always called in ESL when a rev swapped to glint to set up easy chain-cc.

> > >

> > > I don't even know why I have to argue with someone who was in **Gold 3** last Season allthough even below average skilled players place in platinum nowadays.

> >

> > I was gold 3 last season because I didn't care about when i played, I played during lunch etc and had over 400+ games. I'd like to see most people playing at times where MM is even more kitten and play over 400 games but still stick around gold 3/ plat.

> >

> > Now this season I've been in plat 2 because I played during prime times and I can honestly say the skill level is nearly the same in gold 3 as it is in plat 2.

> >

> > Anyways I don't understand why I'm arguing with someone that has no idea how Revenant works and just want to see it nerfed

> >

> > Also it's really cute you linked your profile or whatever but I still have no kitten idea who you are

>

> I don't think rev needs to be nerfed at all but I also didn't expect anything logical from a gold player who talks bs.

>

> My original post was a sarcastic answer to flänby who cries as condi mirage about revs, btw.

> So I'm pro rev and contra mirage and now chill your nuts.

Cool handshaken and the argument is in the past

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Deadeye, stealth on dodge is not the problem. Damage is. All of these were oneshots from stealth, no reaction time available at all.

Im running meta sd build, the deadye was using power signet. games were EU gold

> @"dominik.9721" said:

> > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > @"dominik.9721" said:

> > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > > @"dominik.9721" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Plenty of classes have leaps and or ranged attacks to deal with a Revenant that is trying to get away, using phase traversal to another target just disengages you from one fight and engages you into another accomplishing absolute no safety.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I've never managed to get away from a class yet by just using skills, I always have to do kiting to disengage from people.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you port away from far point to a mid target, you don't necessarily engage into another fight. Also Rev has huge kiting potential due to many evades, superspeed and counter cc.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That is true but it's an unreliable disengage because you can't always do it unlike a teleport where you blink away to wherever you want, you can't choose where your enemy is.

> > > > > > > > Yes Rev has kiting potential but not 'huge'. Warriors and rangers have far better kiting potential because of their leaps allowing them to get to places other classes without leaps (Rev for example) can't get to.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Rev has nothing special to disengage so I don't know why you think they do. Literally every other class besides guardian is better at disengaging from fights.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also regarding your "many evades and counter CC" remark, I guess the "many evades" come from riposting shadows, wich use 30 energy. Then you talk about the counter CC, the only CC a Revenant can use while trying to get away with Riposting Shadows is Surge of the mist, wich you need to use to your enemy so it's useless if you're trying to get away, or you need to use Jade Winds, wich uses 50 energy so if you're using Riposting Shadows you're unable to use Jade Winds.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So what 'counter cc' are you talking about here?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > - Staff 5 evades

> > > > > > > - Staff 3 evades/blocks

> > > > > > > - Sword 3 evades and bridges cd-times

> > > > > > > - Riposting shadows evades, provides endurance again and also gains distance when used backwards

> > > > > > > - Staff 5 is an aoe cc and defintly not useless. Juking/Kiting/Disengaging is not the same as running straight from far to mid. Sudden direction changes ect. are essential

> > > > > > > - Glint elite also is a cc and if you swap to shiro you can use riposing shadows, followed by another dodge

> > > > > > > - And superspeed can sometimes be better than any 900 range leap

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So what's your point?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you manage your CDs carefully you can evade and negate attacks for like 10-15 seconds in a row.

> > > > > > > There is a reason why revenant is literally the best class to bait steal from thief.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And just because self sustaining soulbeast is even better at juking around doesn't mean Rev isn't good at it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Staff 5 is slow, doesn't help disengaging

> > > > > > Staff 3 blocks but doesn't help disengaging

> > > > > > sword 3 makes you engage instead of disengage

> > > > > > Riposting shadows with impossible odds is your only way of disengaging but other classes have much better skills than this

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think you don't know what disengaging means, you're talking about kiting

> > > > > > My posts are about how Revenant has poor disengaging capabilities, all the skills you named don't help you disengage a target that is determined to kill you

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can easily kill any Revenant that overextended or is active in a fight, the only way Revenant are able to survive is by killing the enemy before they kill him, they don't have the right abilities to make a proper escape from being pressured.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can type as much as you want.

> > > > >

> > > > > Kiting is part of disengaging.

> > > > > As I said, disengaging doesn't mean running from far to mid.

> > > > > Disengaging means to leave a lost fight and to survive.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > lol, your skill chain make no sense XD, that revenant never engaged in the first place! How he has the energy for Risposting Shadow- Surge of the mist - again risposting shadow lol, its 80 energy total!!! Are you sure this revenant isnt disengaging whitout even starting a fight? XD XD XD You guys never played revenant, if you did you know that what you are writing is simply science fiction! Revenant is the worst class in disengaging, sure its very good in +1, but disengaging.... maybe only second to necro!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I mean the skill chain still doesn't make much sense, but you do realize rev gets his energy back when swapping to shiro? XD XD XD

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If I have to leave midfight on forest for example, I can easily dodge, staff 3, dodge, staff 5, (if glintheal not rdy) swapp to shiro, use riposting shadows, dodge again and 1 sec later I can target chieftain/svanir or an opponent and port away through the wall.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's not wvw where you get chased openfield by a zerg or sth.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You understand that if swapping in Shiro just like that, you can lose break stun.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ushually, you want to cc a rev when he's in glint and not in shiro for a reason.

> > > > > > > And actually this is known since 2015 HoT realese.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're actually dumb you want to CC a rev in shiro not in glint smh you really don't have a clue about Revenant and here you are making it look like you're a pro

> > > > >

> > > > > Back then in ESL you called in ts when a Rev swapped in glint to chain cc him because it was way more easy to set up combos than in shiro where he instantly would evade with reposting shadows, followed by more evades.

> > > > > And since I played in a professional environment - unlike you - in a team with Aurora, who was considered the best revenant together with Frae and Drazeh, I prolly do know more than you, ye.

> > > > >

> > > > > But ye, keep wasting your glint heal for one warrior stun and type "smh" in forums

> > > >

> > > > Yeah disengaging is more than just running from far to close, but most classes can do just that by using a skill or two. Whilst Revenant actually needs skill and kiting to disengage, wich was my point all this time but you seem to be unable to read properly.

> > > >

> > > Your point later was, that kiting and disengaging are two pairs of shoes, which is bs.

> > >

> > > > You've been in ESL? Funny, all the names you've mentioned are people I've seen videos of and already knew about them. But for some reason your name doesn't ring any bell. Probably a good reason for that.

> > > >

> > > https://www.esportsearnings.com/players/30496-grimkram-

> > > I couldn't care less if "Snellibee" who is sitting in gold division has ever seen me in a video or not.

> > >

> > > > If you have this much knowledge, you'd know attacking a rev in shiro is more worth because the chances of him having 30 energy to use riposting shadows are less likely than a revenant in glint to have infused light or signet of darkness up. Funny when a guy talks all big but everything he says is just hollow.

> > >

> > > I know that using a cc/burst combo against a rev in shiro is less worth because the chances of him using an instant evade+stunbreak with reposting shadows, followed by 3 more evades are quite high. In glint on the contrary, you are basically insta dead when you eat 2 stuns in a tf at the same time, because your stunbreak is a kitten blind instead of an instant evade which would have evaded the second stun.

> > > It has a reason that you always called in ESL when a rev swapped to glint to set up easy chain-cc.

> > >

> > > I don't even know why I have to argue with someone who was in **Gold 3** last Season allthough even below average skilled players place in platinum nowadays.

> >

> > I was gold 3 last season because I didn't care about when i played, I played during lunch etc and had over 400+ games. I'd like to see most people playing at times where MM is even more kitten and play over 400 games but still stick around gold 3/ plat.

> >

> > Now this season I've been in plat 2 because I played during prime times and I can honestly say the skill level is nearly the same in gold 3 as it is in plat 2.

> >

> > Anyways I don't understand why I'm arguing with someone that has no idea how Revenant works and just want to see it nerfed

> >

> > Also it's really cute you linked your profile or whatever but I still have no kitten idea who you are

>

> I don't think rev needs to be nerfed at all but I also didn't expect anything logical from a gold player who talks bs.

>

> My original post was a sarcastic answer to flänby who cries as condi mirage about revs, btw.

> So I'm pro rev and contra mirage and now chill your nuts.

I mean you may be pro but no one has or NEEDS to respect you. Pro players in actual popular PvP games don't waste time on forums or talk down to lower players. That is absolute fact. Even in league, of all toxic cesspools, there are fairly well known streamers that would sit and tutor lower players (mind you with a little money) than talk shit.

How the hell does that make YOU look? Why do you think no one CARES if you are even a pro? Honestly, think on that for a moment.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> It's been 7 years since gw2 launched and you still have no line of sight teleports (Steal, phase traversal,judge's intervention) which are by far the most broken skills in the game. There's no counterplay to these skills, they are active, play-making skills, which means that whenever you use them there's a chance for something big to happen.

You do bring a good point with the teleports ignoring line of sight, which, by the way, mesmers can do this with Jaunt too, since it can be used in maps with verticality to climb places that are otherwise a long traversal by walking. Thieves with SB can also do this, and very few classes have access to targeted teleports, namely mesmers (jaunt, staff 2 if used backwards, and blink), thieves (with shadowstep and SB) and eles (with lighting flash).

I agree that teleports with LoS are a HUGE issue that people dont realize how impactful it can be. Rev's shiro teleport is a really long distance, ignore LoS and has 2 unblockable attacks to boot it off. Guardians with judge intervention can set up big bursts from the safety of a couple of walls in some maps, and even hide it by positioning behind a wall and under/over the target to make it harder to see and click on them.

S/D Thieves are certainly the worst offenders with skills like Sword 2 (and sword 3 is a support killer with unblockable attacks that do high damage, have no CD and steal 2 boons, effectively leaving eles and guardians with low hp, well, naked).

I would say the main strength of these classes is their ability to +1 in maps with lots verticality, which is why people end up picking maps like Capricorn, Foefire and Forest more often than other maps, because thieves and mesmers can simply juke people around, with the worst maps being Temple and Kyhlo. Coliseum can also be rough but i think the long distances in general is more of a deterrent for people with low access to swiftness like necros or guardians.

Honestly i just want to see targeted teleports not be able to go verticaly unless the walking distance there is 1200 units (like the teleport range), so that in maps like Coliseum you dont have a thief using SB from mid to the side points via the little ledges on the side.

> @"Flandre.2870" said:

> Please kill Herald

Imagine honing herald for months on end, through all the weakness of the core spec and the majority of its weapons and through people being upset at you for even daring to consider giving the class a chance in pvp, only to have people request the class get killed again when you finally start getting results. Not just nerfed. Eradicated.

Then we wonder why Arenanent balance devs largely ignore any suggestions we make.

You can just wait for the next season, when mesmer will be fixed but this time one mirage dances while the other kills you at the same time the mesmer is texting his girl, probably warr will get a buff... more stability and a downed skill that can insta kill an enemy player he choses (even if he is not in same match), thief will get a new skill wich can take him to anywhere in the map (other map if he choses) while killing everyone in the path (even ppl i LA). my only doubt is rev... i think they will remove all skills and make them play only with auto-atack.

Meanwhile i'll just wait for next season. Its like christmas!