EremiteAngel.9765

> @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > > > > > > I agree people should stop overreacting since we don't know how this will impact WvW. However there are reasons to be initially concerned. Base mount speed is about 50% faster than a player with speed in PvE. This means the response time for a defensive force may be substantially better which can make taking SMC or the like much more difficult from a superior force. Basically a heavily populated server may have an even bigger advantage with mounts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except 50% is not faster ooc, that was the point. In PvE most run without any kind of swiftness - they dont need it because of mounts and PvE combat. So mounts "appear" much faster than a PvE player.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In WvW, swiftness make most of it moot. Even at 66% speed you literally gain a Charrs tail length advantage over a 100m distance compared to a slowpoke "only" running 33% swiftness. Because you are both running very near or at speed cap.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This advantage would only be seen in combat, which doesnt really happen when running to reinforce.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > At best if a stupid dredge turret hits you (and doesnt do enough to dismount) you'll pass it much faster, or similar situation.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Could this mean that WvWers can skip swiftness and 25% etc in favor of more dps or bunker? Yes it could. But then again when you do get into combat someone with this will run in circles around you. Becoming stronger or weaker is a matter of perspective.

> > > > >

> > > > > The problem i still see here is: its more valueble to low mobility classes (necromancer) and a real downside for the high mobility classes

> > > > >

> > > > > If You want to know the speed difference of Swiftness and mounts Just go to silverwastes. On a chesttrain i barely keep up with my guard (perma Swiftness, sword, gs and ji).

> > > > In silverwaste people take shortcuts with griffons all the time, plus mounts with much greater speed than just plain 50% (raptor leap, dog tp etc). Its not quite comparable to everyone having the same mount without these skills. I cant imagine the warclaw having anywhere near their mobility.

> > > I havnt been (tagged) in silverwastes for maybe the passed year, i was merely refering to the raptor speed.

> > >

> > > > In terms of the problem I agree on the first part - slow classes will gain alot in terms of ooc speed. But for the second part I dont think high mobility classes will be affected at all. Unless that "evade" the articles talk about is a 1200 leap on 5s cd or something, a thief with bow and swiftness will most likely be much faster than someone just running after on a pet.

> > >

> > > I do think that evade Will dismount and counted as 'dismount' skill more like. Like States 'to break through enemy lines' you stand in the middle of them in the end. And the last is a speculation with one of the highest term of mobility( perma Swiftness needs to be traited for thief, or from food) secondly the shortbow still requires 2h weaponslot and professionals energy. In terms of mobility increase for a scourge this is HUGE

> >

> > Evade will prolly be the skill that uses the dodge key, ie the equivalent to raptor leap etc, but prolly on a longer cd and short duration.

> As long as you 'hoover' over the ground and not able to jump over gaps. With a 1200 leap that can jump over gaps i think of 3-4 Towers and 2 keeps to get in easily

>

> Then i havnt thought of places i might get in depending on the dropping angle (like mendons from smc)

I guess we will see, I am certain Mendons will not be enterable from smc tho, that's really really far away

> > Thief needs to pick up one of their best traitlines and either rifle or shortbow, on a class that otherwise can't really fully use weapon swap... Oh the sacrifices

> >

> > Yes it will be a big boost for scourge outside of zergs (where you already have permanent swiftness). How is that a negative thing?

> >

> > > > My hopes are for the knockdown as mentioned, that pretty much balances out everything and "force" people to dismount prior to fights.

> > > What you mean with this? Like, knockdown knocks you off mount?

> > >

> >

> > They mean if your mount dies you get stunned

> >

> > Hopefully the mount is fairly squishy and the 1 skill does low damage

> I dont like the fact there's another offensive cc in game capable of build in an range aoe class. Lets hope 2 dismount skills wont kill An avg geared tanky guardian

Do we even know that the discount skill is a stun? I mean personally I don't think there should be any dismount skill set all, that's the one thing here I am negative about.

> @"Mackowidz.4629" said:

> > @"lodjur.1284" said

> >

> > You should stop thinking of gw2 as f2p and instead think of it as b2p with a f2p demo.... This has been the case since launch tho.

> >

>

> So HoT owners are f2p now? Not owning the latest expansion doesn't mean that people haven't paid for the game

Close enough, compare to how far behind you are in other mmos by not having the latest expansions. This is not even as important as access to all stats/elite specs anyway.

Not having pof means you did not pay anet anything for a fairly long time (unless you bought gems but no pof which would be fairly strange and a must be a very tiny minority).

> @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > > > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > > > > > > > I agree people should stop overreacting since we don't know how this will impact WvW. However there are reasons to be initially concerned. Base mount speed is about 50% faster than a player with speed in PvE. This means the response time for a defensive force may be substantially better which can make taking SMC or the like much more difficult from a superior force. Basically a heavily populated server may have an even bigger advantage with mounts.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Except 50% is not faster ooc, that was the point. In PvE most run without any kind of swiftness - they dont need it because of mounts and PvE combat. So mounts "appear" much faster than a PvE player.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > In WvW, swiftness make most of it moot. Even at 66% speed you literally gain a Charrs tail length advantage over a 100m distance compared to a slowpoke "only" running 33% swiftness. Because you are both running very near or at speed cap.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This advantage would only be seen in combat, which doesnt really happen when running to reinforce.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > At best if a stupid dredge turret hits you (and doesnt do enough to dismount) you'll pass it much faster, or similar situation.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Could this mean that WvWers can skip swiftness and 25% etc in favor of more dps or bunker? Yes it could. But then again when you do get into combat someone with this will run in circles around you. Becoming stronger or weaker is a matter of perspective.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The problem i still see here is: its more valueble to low mobility classes (necromancer) and a real downside for the high mobility classes

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If You want to know the speed difference of Swiftness and mounts Just go to silverwastes. On a chesttrain i barely keep up with my guard (perma Swiftness, sword, gs and ji).

> > > > > In silverwaste people take shortcuts with griffons all the time, plus mounts with much greater speed than just plain 50% (raptor leap, dog tp etc). Its not quite comparable to everyone having the same mount without these skills. I cant imagine the warclaw having anywhere near their mobility.

> > > > I havnt been (tagged) in silverwastes for maybe the passed year, i was merely refering to the raptor speed.

> > > >

> > > > > In terms of the problem I agree on the first part - slow classes will gain alot in terms of ooc speed. But for the second part I dont think high mobility classes will be affected at all. Unless that "evade" the articles talk about is a 1200 leap on 5s cd or something, a thief with bow and swiftness will most likely be much faster than someone just running after on a pet.

> > > >

> > > > I do think that evade Will dismount and counted as 'dismount' skill more like. Like States 'to break through enemy lines' you stand in the middle of them in the end. And the last is a speculation with one of the highest term of mobility( perma Swiftness needs to be traited for thief, or from food) secondly the shortbow still requires 2h weaponslot and professionals energy. In terms of mobility increase for a scourge this is HUGE

> > >

> > > Evade will prolly be the skill that uses the dodge key, ie the equivalent to raptor leap etc, but prolly on a longer cd and short duration.

> > As long as you 'hoover' over the ground and not able to jump over gaps. With a 1200 leap that can jump over gaps i think of 3-4 Towers and 2 keeps to get in easily

> >

> > Then i havnt thought of places i might get in depending on the dropping angle (like mendons from smc)

>

> I guess we will see, I am certain Mendons will not be enterable from smc tho, that's really really far away

Appogies, i meant wildcreek

I adjusted IT now

>

> > > Thief needs to pick up one of their best traitlines and either rifle or shortbow, on a class that otherwise can't really fully use weapon swap... Oh the sacrifices

> > >

> > > Yes it will be a big boost for scourge outside of zergs (where you already have permanent swiftness). How is that a negative thing?

> > >

> > > > > My hopes are for the knockdown as mentioned, that pretty much balances out everything and "force" people to dismount prior to fights.

> > > > What you mean with this? Like, knockdown knocks you off mount?

> > > >

> > >

> > > They mean if your mount dies you get stunned

> > >

> > > Hopefully the mount is fairly squishy and the 1 skill does low damage

> > I dont like the fact there's another offensive cc in game capable of build in an range aoe class. Lets hope 2 dismount skills wont kill An avg geared tanky guardian

>

> Do we even know that the discount skill is a stun? I mean personally I don't think there should be any dismount skill set all, that's the one thing here I am negative about.

Im not sure if this would 'always' Stay 'never' but IT would be a start toget used to it

Anet has kept on adding things to WvW that move the game more in line with PvE. It's just as well, I suppose, since the big die-hard WvW players left the game years ago. Just sad that every step that ruins it is cheered on more and more loudly as the population that does WvW changes. You can feel free to tell me how much you disagree, I turned off notifications anyway.

My guess is that the mount itself may take a little work but the abilities will be locked behind WvW points like the gliding masteries are.. and likely requiring significant investment to get them all thus forcing players to specialize their mount to get the most out of it.

I also wonder if the're will be restrictions such as the base mount having low HP (thus a single hit could dismount you) and it's top speed nerfed down until you invest enough points into it or something.

Pure speculation on my part sure.. but they pretty much nerfed the glider in WvW as well until you put enough points into it.. I don't see why they won't do something similar with the Warclaw.

Mounts preview stream happening now.

Looks good.

They look very slow.

Not like normal PvE mounts.

And they look and move very cute.

And player dies if they fall from a height unlike PvE mounts.

There also seems to be a 5000 range 'sniff' skill that reveals enemy players in your area...not sure if it reveals stealth.

Mount pull uses supplies and there is a max cap of 3 mounts per gate.

Mount has about 12K HP and dies in 1-2 hits from foes and player is stunned shortly upon mount death.

Mount has 3 evades like a daredevil.

Mount skill 1 attack and disengage pounce ability spikes and fully kills downed players if unlocked.

Mount does about 2K damage on gate, half the damage of a normal ram which does 4K dmg and 1/3 the damage of a superior ram which does 6K dmg.

There are a few mount armor parts that you can buy from the vendor to gear up your mount.

Need 1 WvW mastery point to unlock the mount and many more to unlock its skills and effects...not sure if any WvW rank cap is needed...

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> Mounts preview stream happening now.

> Looks good.

> They look very slow.

> Not like normal PvE mounts.

> And they look and move very cute.

> And player dies if they fall from a height unlike PvE mounts.

> There also seems to be a 5000 range 'sniff' skill that reveals enemy players in your area...not sure if it reveals stealth.

> Mount pull uses supplies and there is a max cap of 3 mounts per gate.

> Mount dies in 1-2 hits from foes and player is stunned shortly upon mount death.

> Mount has 3 evades like a daredevil.

> Mount does about 2K damage on gate, half the damage of a normal ram which does 4K dmg and 1/3 the damage of a superior ram which does 6K dmg.

> There are a few mount armor parts that you can buy from the vendor to gear up your mount.

Doesn’t reveal stealth.

Also goes slower in territory that you don’t control.

The dismount ability does dmg, bleeds and will stomp downed foes, this is a WvW traited ability though.

I started watching it and literally came in 1s before thanks all, lol.

But yes all those things sounds reasonable. Already predicted the low hp, stun on dismount, the slower speed (will still need to verify if that would be 400 hardcap) and some sort of cap on the pull. Yet people raved about the death of roaming woooooo...

Edit: took a quick look back as I wont bother watching the whole thing now, but the movement speed in enemy territory is *slow as kitten*. That looks to be stock run speed with no swiftness. Someone with swiftness out of combat or with swiftness/super swiftness (66%) in combat would run *alot* faster than someone mounted. That actually look a little too slow to be usefull, haha.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> What exactly does it take to earn it and max it out? details please!

>

Having one WvW ability point to unlock the mount.

They also had a collection from my memory it was all WvW stuff, claim a camp claim a keep kill mist guards, use battle tokens, use tickets. Do a reward track.