Can scoreboard show player Tier / rating ?

Sephiria.4581

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> It’s been asked forever but they’re too worried it’s going to cause toxic behavior.

>

> I honestly think they’re just using that excuse to mask the matchmaking.

That's exactly what it is. Any other game would at least show their division. As it is in Gw2, you can show your PvP badge off pretty much everywhere besides where it actually matters.

If I see a team mate rating being for example 300 lower then mine, why would that create a toxic behaviour? Wouldn't it be the opossite? I would actually have understanding for that player being less skilled. He/she has sure no intention to play with/against much higher ranked players either. It would only show how inbalanced the matchmaking is and that's why Anet is so afraid to do it.

It's funny because basically every decision they've made regarding PvP is responsible for about 89% (made up stat) of all the toxicity of this game. Every single choice they've made: the ENTIRE ranked/unranked (solo-q / group-q - with pips only in one) philosophy, awarding pips for losses, never creating more than one game mode, incredibly infrequent balance patches, no penalties for AFKers...

> @"Miyu.8137" said:

> If I see a team mate rating being for example 300 lower then mine, why would that create a toxic behaviour? Wouldn't it be the opossite? I would actually have understanding for that player being less skilled. He/she has sure no intention to play with/against much higher ranked players either. It would only show how inbalanced the matchmaking is and that's why Anet is so afraid to do it.

This is based on the assumption that toxic behaviour is rationally motivated. Contrary to how YOU might react, a lot of people would proceed to berate that player and blame them for everything that goes wrong, regardless of how well they play.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> It’s been asked forever but they’re too worried it’s going to cause toxic behavior.

>

> I honestly think they’re just using that excuse to mask the matchmaking.

^ This right here.

The thing is, it would alert people to SO MUCH that is wrong with the match making, I don't think Arenanet is willing to deal with the feedback it would create. We're not talking toxicity between players here, we're talking toxicity towards the company, with a lot of rightfully angry demands being tossed to fix the game mode, to a much greater degree than we see now. I mean if everyone could see flat rating before and after a match, people could more easily identify obvious smurfing and/or win trading. Like when you have a 1550 on your team that is playing like a s2, but the 1400 guy on the other team is mysteriously 1v3ing your team mates at some p3+ level, yeah people are gonna start saying "This doesn't make sense" and asking "What is really going on here?" And that's not even to mention just plainly being able to see when the algorithm is seemingly not doing what they say it is supposed to do, and is questionably stacking matches on purpose. You know those times when we take the time to actually add the people from a really bad match and check their ratings, then find out the rating skew was suspiciously lopsided: RED: (1700 1700 duo) 1600 1575 1575 vs. BLUE: (1650 You) 1575 1550 1525 1525 <- If we could visibly see rating so easily, people would get raged from this type of stuff.

I'd love to be able to see everyone's ratings before and after the match, but truth be told, it would serve me only as a mechanism to "See if I was getting screwed in the match" and when I was being screwed by match making, I'd just get mad about it. So Anet is probably right. It would just trigger most people.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> > @"Miyu.8137" said:

> > If I see a team mate rating being for example 300 lower then mine, why would that create a toxic behaviour? Wouldn't it be the opossite? I would actually have understanding for that player being less skilled. He/she has sure no intention to play with/against much higher ranked players either. It would only show how inbalanced the matchmaking is and that's why Anet is so afraid to do it.

>

> This is based on the assumption that toxic behaviour is rationally motivated. Contrary to how YOU might react, a lot of people would proceed to berate that player and blame them for everything that goes wrong, regardless of how well they play.

For every rational and logical person there's 5 irrational and illogical to match..

Seriously though, this is a video game and its mostly populated by adolescent hormonal teens, there's quite a few older gamers with a better state of mind but yea, this a video game populated by mostly children. (and man children like me)

Would love to see rank at the end of a match...

the blame would come regardless of being able to see rating or not.

when u are plat and ur team or opponent aren't .... most of time it's very clear night and day.

being able to see would help savaging the match from early on ... not u find out 3 minutes later your Fireband is a gold players who don't know how to kite.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > It’s been asked forever but they’re too worried it’s going to cause toxic behavior.

> >

> > I honestly think they’re just using that excuse to mask the matchmaking.

>

> ^ This right here.

>

> The thing is, it would alert people to SO MUCH that is wrong with the match making, I don't think Arenanet is willing to deal with the feedback it would create. We're not talking toxicity between players here, we're talking toxicity towards the company, with a lot of rightfully angry demands being tossed to fix the game mode, to a much greater degree than we see now. I mean if everyone could see flat rating before and after a match, people could more easily identify obvious smurfing and/or win trading. Like when you have a 1550 on your team that is playing like a s2, but the 1400 guy on the other team is mysteriously 1v3ing your team mates at some p3+ level, yeah people are gonna start saying "This doesn't make sense" and asking "What is really going on here?" And that's not even to mention just plainly being able to see when the algorithm is seemingly not doing what they say it is supposed to do, and is questionably stacking matches on purpose. You know those times when we take the time to actually add the people from a really bad match and check their ratings, then find out the rating skew was suspiciously lopsided: RED: (1700 1700 duo) 1600 1575 1575 vs. BLUE: (1650 You) 1575 1550 1525 1525 <- If we could visibly see rating so easily, people would get raged from this type of stuff.

>

> I'd love to be able to see everyone's ratings before and after the match, but truth be told, it would serve me only as a mechanism to "See if I was getting screwed in the match" and when I was being screwed by match making, I'd just get mad about it. So Anet is probably right. It would just trigger most people.

That's true but most likely because the toxicity in game is very high lately and because of low population.

It actually could be a nice idea to see one's rating to me, because it would help me understand better why we lost, or eventually make tactics elaborated on players rating. I mean, i usually join random teams for AT's, and i will go myself on close to 1v1 plat3 mesmer instead of letting my teammate silver 2 doing it.

However, too many players would complain simply because of 20 rating difference, or just flame every single player being lower rated than them, and it wouldn't help..

That being said, maybe simply having something to show player experience could be good. Like, a badge or a number saying that someone has won 100/500/5000/10000 ranked games. This would be a good indicator on someone's level without showing his current rank.