Discussion Thread: ArenaNet News of 21 February 2019 [Merged]

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> We have been saying this since blizzcon and the announcement of Diablo mobile. Rock solid pc gamers dont want to hear it, but this looks like the beginning of the end for pc. I am mad and sad about it, but nothing can really be done about it. You cant change the new generations coming up, and they are into tiny tech and mobile. Its the end of an era, blizzard laid off a bunch a few weeks back and they make a fortune still, so what does that bode for companies not as big?

>

> Technology is advancing faster than ever, and big ole desktop rigs and laptops are becoming dinosaurs, people have busy lives they want to be able to do what they need to do on the go.

Diablo franchise is done, and to a large extent also Blizzard as a gaming company. Aside from OW most of their releases in the last 3 years are thunderous failures. I don't known anyone which plays mobile games, and I'm sure that the amount of poeple which plays in such devices are being eclipsed by the amount of people which, INSTEAD, use smartphones to consume passive digital media as Youtube or streaming services as Twitch or even Netflix.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Saying we'll still get Season 5 after Season 4 actually tells us a lot. It means their plan hasn't changed as a result of this decision, and we're going to get at least 7 more living story releases,

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Why at least 7? Why not at least 3 or 4?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > seasons tend to be 6 episodes plus the final episode f the current season

> > > > > > > > > > 6+1=7

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 3 more episodes suggests season 5 is 2 episodes long

> > > > > > > > > Doesn't mean they will do so again. I might remind you that if they would've stuck to their usual patterns we would've gotten an expansion this year after LS4. That didn't happen either. So there's no telling how long LS5 will be. What I do know is that the longer it is, the longer we have to wait for the next expansion, provided there will be one.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > they might change the length of season 5.

> > > > > > > > but even so, a 2 episode season? that's a tad bit absurd.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > also anet never established a pattern with seasons and xpacs.

> > > > > > > LS1 is gone. It was a different situation altogether and no longer is part of the game. Season 2 lead to HoT, Season 3 lead to PoF. Not so strange to think that Season 4 would lead to the next expansion, except it won't as we know. And yet that's what people were expecting initially.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now a season of 2 episodes would be strange, but then I never mention the number 2 so not sure why you use that number. But bottom line is that you cannot say what the minimum would be. So far LS2, 3 and 4 had 8, 6 and then 5 chapters. I don't see where you got your ideas.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > release> bit of a drought > season 1 > season 2 >1 year of nothing > hot > post-hot mess > season 3 > pof > season 4

> > > > > >

> > > > > > also you said

> > > > > > > Why at least 7? Why not at least 3 or 4?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 3-1(one more episode of season 4 has been confirmed)=2

> > > > > I guess I missed the announcement that another season 4 episode was coming, but your "formula" still doesn't make sense. How does your formula explain going from 8 to 6 episodes from season 2 to 3? If you say that LS5 will have 7 episodes because LS4 will have 6, then clearly by that same reasoning season 3 should've had 9 episodes and not 6...

> > > >

> > > > your math is off.

> > > >

> > > > the 7 episodes i'm refering to are season 4 ep 6 and season 5 ep 1-6 not season 5 ep 1-7. it would mean season 3,4 and 5 have the same amount of episodes.

> > > >

> > > > it's possible they'll change the amount of episodes of season 5 but i'll doubt they'll go below 5

> > > My math isn't off. Your math just isn't making any sense. So really you need to better explain your calculations. I also doubt they'll go below 5, but your reasoning for saying it's 7 minimum so far doesn't make any sense at all.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > How much clearer can i get? Season 3 had 6 episodes , season 4 has been confirmed to also have 6 episodes,so it stands to reason that 5 will have a similar amount. So season 5 has 6 episodes (for the sake of argument.) Add to that the 1 episode left for season 4 and you've got 7 episodes

> Finally we got there. I'm just talking about how many episodes the next LS season has but you're adding the upcoming one for this season to it. So you're expecting that next season will also have 6 episodes. Well, maybe, maybe not. You shouldn't have used the term "at least" because that's an assumption and they don't have to follow that pattern.

It made sense originally because this was related to the earlier posts saying that they have told us the plan for the next year. That plan is one more episode of Season 4, plus all of Season 5, which at a rate of 1 episode every 2-3 months takes us up to at least early 2020.

It's just when you get so fixated on the total number and don't look at the context that it gets confusing.

Ok, just in case some higher-ups are reading along in this thread, which i hope they, let me tell you, that this news has spooked a lot of the community. I appreciate the statement you made in [This Thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69249/update-from-arenanet#latest "This Thread") but i dont think a simple: "dont worry, we will still push updates" is nearly enough. It's not that long since Telltale, another beloved indie developer, went down with practicaly no notice form one day to the next. I for my part have to say, that would be scared to invest anything into gems at the moment, as i don't know for sure whether i still get value and i suspect may people feel the same. If this is truly not going to effect GW2 and was entirely about "other project" then please tell us:

1. What this project(s) were/was.

2. Why they/it didn't work out.

3. Whether you plan on ever releasing another expansion again.

Im sorry for everyone who might loose there job but i'm worried that this will spiral down and cause a lot of people to quit the game because they thing is dying which would then cause the game to ACCTUALY die. Please don't let that happen.

> @"Glott.7239" said:

> Ok, just in case some higher-ups are reading along in this thread, which i hope they, let me tell you, that this news has spooked a lot of the community. I appreciate the statement you made in [This Thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69249/update-from-arenanet#latest "This Thread") but i dont think a simple: "dont worry, we will still push updates" is nearly enough. It's not that long since Telltale, another beloved indie developer, went down with practicaly no notice form one day to the next. I for my part have to say, that would be scared to invest anything into gems at the moment, as i don't know for sure whether i still get value and i suspect may people feel the same. If this is truly not going to effect GW2 and was entirely about "other project" then please tell us:

> 1. What this project(s) were/was.

> 2. Why they/it didn't work out.

> 3. Whether you plan on ever releasing another expansion again.

> Im sorry for everyone who might loose there job but i'm worried that this will spiral down and cause a lot of people to quit the game because they thing is dying which would then cause the game to ACCTUALY die. Please don't let that happen.

Please respond to this. In fact, make an entire thread dedicated to answering these questions.

> @"InvaGir.9158" said:

> > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > If Anet really needs more money to keep going, would it help if they removed turning gold into gems?

> > >

> > > How would you feel if they did that?

> >

> > I don't know. I more than often turned gems into gold, and this mechanic could be in jeopardy when the other side of this trade gets removed.

>

> They meant gold > gems not gems > gold

> It actually should keep the option to convert gems into gold but in order to actually make money to remove the gold to gems

>

> That way Anet will be able to make money from the gemstore with money customers paid for their goods instead of farming gold in-game and then buy with it and they lose money

> **The gems > gold should be kept if people want to make easy gold using real money as well** and I know I'm one of these people who do that most of the time because I have no time to farm nor I have the strength.

The gold comes from people buying gems with gold. If there were only gems->gold then ANet would need to create gold out of thin air, causing inflation.

There is a gold pool and a gem pool

People farm gold. To buy gems with gold they put gold into the gold pool and pull gems out of the gem pool.

People buy gems with real money. To exchange these gems for gold they put gems in the gem pool and pull gold out of the gold pool.

Gem/gold price goes up or down depending on if more people are putting in gems (making gems cheaper) or putting in gold (making gold cheaper).

That it doesnt (further) affect GW2 is alright, but I wouldve found it interesting to see what else they could develop.

While probably not allowed by big daddy NCsoft, I would probably support a kickstarter by ArenaNet to see what they had in mind, if that even has a reasonable funding goal.

That they have less people working on GW2 for a while now, I kinda suspected already, and was looking forward to whatever they might be working on.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Saying we'll still get Season 5 after Season 4 actually tells us a lot. It means their plan hasn't changed as a result of this decision, and we're going to get at least 7 more living story releases,

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Why at least 7? Why not at least 3 or 4?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > seasons tend to be 6 episodes plus the final episode f the current season

> > > > > > > > > > 6+1=7

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 3 more episodes suggests season 5 is 2 episodes long

> > > > > > > > > Doesn't mean they will do so again. I might remind you that if they would've stuck to their usual patterns we would've gotten an expansion this year after LS4. That didn't happen either. So there's no telling how long LS5 will be. What I do know is that the longer it is, the longer we have to wait for the next expansion, provided there will be one.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > they might change the length of season 5.

> > > > > > > > but even so, a 2 episode season? that's a tad bit absurd.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > also anet never established a pattern with seasons and xpacs.

> > > > > > > LS1 is gone. It was a different situation altogether and no longer is part of the game. Season 2 lead to HoT, Season 3 lead to PoF. Not so strange to think that Season 4 would lead to the next expansion, except it won't as we know. And yet that's what people were expecting initially.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now a season of 2 episodes would be strange, but then I never mention the number 2 so not sure why you use that number. But bottom line is that you cannot say what the minimum would be. So far LS2, 3 and 4 had 8, 6 and then 5 chapters. I don't see where you got your ideas.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > release> bit of a drought > season 1 > season 2 >1 year of nothing > hot > post-hot mess > season 3 > pof > season 4

> > > > > >

> > > > > > also you said

> > > > > > > Why at least 7? Why not at least 3 or 4?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 3-1(one more episode of season 4 has been confirmed)=2

> > > > > I guess I missed the announcement that another season 4 episode was coming, but your "formula" still doesn't make sense. How does your formula explain going from 8 to 6 episodes from season 2 to 3? If you say that LS5 will have 7 episodes because LS4 will have 6, then clearly by that same reasoning season 3 should've had 9 episodes and not 6...

> > > >

> > > > your math is off.

> > > >

> > > > the 7 episodes i'm refering to are season 4 ep 6 and season 5 ep 1-6 not season 5 ep 1-7. it would mean season 3,4 and 5 have the same amount of episodes.

> > > >

> > > > it's possible they'll change the amount of episodes of season 5 but i'll doubt they'll go below 5

> > > My math isn't off. Your math just isn't making any sense. So really you need to better explain your calculations. I also doubt they'll go below 5, but your reasoning for saying it's 7 minimum so far doesn't make any sense at all.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > How much clearer can i get? Season 3 had 6 episodes , season 4 has been confirmed to also have 6 episodes,so it stands to reason that 5 will have a similar amount. So season 5 has 6 episodes (for the sake of argument.) Add to that the 1 episode left for season 4 and you've got 7 episodes

> Finally we got there. I'm just talking about how many episodes the next LS season has but you're adding the upcoming one for this season to it. So you're expecting that next season will also have 6 episodes. Well, maybe, maybe not. You shouldn't have used the term "at least" because that's an assumption and they don't have to follow that pattern.

I've been saying this since the start

in these circumstances they should consider the implementation of a monthly subscription, even only for players who would agree. I'm sure that a lot of peoples would be happy to give their contribution each month in addition of gems purchases. And if it allows to some peoples to keep their job, well that would be even greater.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Saying we'll still get Season 5 after Season 4 actually tells us a lot. It means their plan hasn't changed as a result of this decision, and we're going to get at least 7 more living story releases,

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Why at least 7? Why not at least 3 or 4?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > seasons tend to be 6 episodes plus the final episode f the current season

> > > > > > > > > > > 6+1=7

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > 3 more episodes suggests season 5 is 2 episodes long

> > > > > > > > > > Doesn't mean they will do so again. I might remind you that if they would've stuck to their usual patterns we would've gotten an expansion this year after LS4. That didn't happen either. So there's no telling how long LS5 will be. What I do know is that the longer it is, the longer we have to wait for the next expansion, provided there will be one.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > they might change the length of season 5.

> > > > > > > > > but even so, a 2 episode season? that's a tad bit absurd.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > also anet never established a pattern with seasons and xpacs.

> > > > > > > > LS1 is gone. It was a different situation altogether and no longer is part of the game. Season 2 lead to HoT, Season 3 lead to PoF. Not so strange to think that Season 4 would lead to the next expansion, except it won't as we know. And yet that's what people were expecting initially.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Now a season of 2 episodes would be strange, but then I never mention the number 2 so not sure why you use that number. But bottom line is that you cannot say what the minimum would be. So far LS2, 3 and 4 had 8, 6 and then 5 chapters. I don't see where you got your ideas.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > release> bit of a drought > season 1 > season 2 >1 year of nothing > hot > post-hot mess > season 3 > pof > season 4

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > also you said

> > > > > > > > Why at least 7? Why not at least 3 or 4?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 3-1(one more episode of season 4 has been confirmed)=2

> > > > > > I guess I missed the announcement that another season 4 episode was coming, but your "formula" still doesn't make sense. How does your formula explain going from 8 to 6 episodes from season 2 to 3? If you say that LS5 will have 7 episodes because LS4 will have 6, then clearly by that same reasoning season 3 should've had 9 episodes and not 6...

> > > > >

> > > > > your math is off.

> > > > >

> > > > > the 7 episodes i'm refering to are season 4 ep 6 and season 5 ep 1-6 not season 5 ep 1-7. it would mean season 3,4 and 5 have the same amount of episodes.

> > > > >

> > > > > it's possible they'll change the amount of episodes of season 5 but i'll doubt they'll go below 5

> > > > My math isn't off. Your math just isn't making any sense. So really you need to better explain your calculations. I also doubt they'll go below 5, but your reasoning for saying it's 7 minimum so far doesn't make any sense at all.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > How much clearer can i get? Season 3 had 6 episodes , season 4 has been confirmed to also have 6 episodes,so it stands to reason that 5 will have a similar amount. So season 5 has 6 episodes (for the sake of argument.) Add to that the 1 episode left for season 4 and you've got 7 episodes

> > Finally we got there. I'm just talking about how many episodes the next LS season has but you're adding the upcoming one for this season to it. So you're expecting that next season will also have 6 episodes. Well, maybe, maybe not. You shouldn't have used the term "at least" because that's an assumption and they don't have to follow that pattern.

>

> It made sense originally because this was related to the earlier posts saying that they have told us the plan for the next year. That plan is one more episode of Season 4, plus all of Season 5, which at a rate of 1 episode every 2-3 months takes us up to at least early 2020.

>

> It's just when you get so fixated on the total number and don't look at the context that it gets confusing.

I'm glad it made sense to you. That misunderstanding aside, it doesn't mean that next LS chapter will therefore have 6 episodes also. It might, it might not. I also suspect that it won't be the last LS season so in the end I suspect there will be more. So let it be my misunderstanding. For me the main issue is that it means that any extra episode for this and the next seasons just delays a possible next expansion.

> @"Theros.1390" said:

> in these circumstances they should consider the implementation of a monthly subscription, even only for players who would agree. I'm sure that a lot of peoples would be happy to give their contribution each month in addition of gems purchases. And if it allows to some peoples to keep their job, well that would be even greater.

Anet does not have an issue making money'the layoffs were because a non-gw2 project got canceled

and a subscription now would just cause more needless panic and lose the ppl that play the game because it lacks a subscription (which is alot)

You cant blame nc soft. If they wasnt here there may have not been a gw2. And i hate to tell everyone but this is a business and businesses fails when money does not come in. If you like the game support it, buy some gems from time to time. Stop complaining about the cash shop because we are the reason its there. This is what is needed to support a game thats essentially free and gives us all the great shitznit they make. The lay offs could mean many things like maybe bob the janitor has to go. I hope for the best and will continue to enjoy this game until they decide to flip the switch.

> @"Glott.7239" said:

> Ok, just in case some higher-ups are reading along in this thread, which i hope they, let me tell you, that this news has spooked a lot of the community. I appreciate the statement you made in [This Thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69249/update-from-arenanet#latest "This Thread") but i dont think a simple: "dont worry, we will still push updates" is nearly enough. It's not that long since Telltale, another beloved indie developer, went down with practicaly no notice form one day to the next. I for my part have to say, that would be scared to invest anything into gems at the moment, as i don't know for sure whether i still get value and i suspect may people feel the same. If this is truly not going to effect GW2 and was entirely about "other project" then please tell us:

> 1. What this project(s) were/was.

> 2. Why they/it didn't work out.

> 3. Whether you plan on ever releasing another expansion again.

> Im sorry for everyone who might loose there job but i'm worried that this will spiral down and cause a lot of people to quit the game because they thing is dying which would then cause the game to ACCTUALY die. Please don't let that happen.

All the thumbs ups. I agree that these three questions are fair ones and worth getting answers to. But not necessarily immediately. A day is forever in internet time but in real world work time it's not so much. They just had this hit them yesterday, late in the day. A lot -- maybe most -- of them found out about it through the internet's roiling rather than internally. MO needs to talk with them en masse and in small groups and individually, and the higher ups at the company need to formulate a plan. Until all that's settled, they can't really give us a lot of answers they may not yet know themselves and could have work NDA's applying to. And now it's Friday, so a lot of it will be on hold until Monday. Not all of it, I'm pretty sure the high ups aren't just kicking back at barbecues and school sports this weekend of all weekends, but a lot of it.

So hang on, everyone. Please don't assume the sky is falling until pieces of it actually hit your heads. Give them at least until mid-week if not even longer to figure out their own footing so they can let us know what they're allowed to tell us.

> @"Xar.6279" said:

> >This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.

>

> So maybe they should finally just stop employing CASUAL workers for their company? And focus more on doing content? And real working?

That's harsh, and not really accurate. A casual work environment means things like comfortable clothes, first name basis between co-workers and management, an understanding about work/life balance, etc. It has nothing to do with work ethic.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> The layoffs are for those that were working on unannounced projects of Arenanet, not those working on Guild Wars 2. Those extra projects were cancelled.

> This won't affect Guild Wars 2 in a negative way. Or, if anything, it will be "better" in a sense that employees of Arenanet won't be allocated to those other projects instead of working on Guild Wars 2.

Of course it will affect GW2 negatively.

First, there's the impact on morale from having a bunch of people laid off. Second, there's also the negative impact of seeing projects the company spent a lot of effort on being cancelled, and everything other than GW2 being killed. Third, as said by a former ArenaNet designer:

> @"Jessica Price.1649"

>"[ArenaNet] had two major projects in the works when I was there. One was indefinitely suspended while I was still there. For those of us working on GW2, our mandate was essentially to make it look like there was the same level of resources devoted to GW2, when they were actually steadily moving people off of it onto the other projects.

>"It was bad enough that at one point we were told we could only have one cinematic for Ep5 (All or Nothing), which, given that it was the climax of the season and had more heavy emotional beats than anything else we'd done (at least while I was there), was devastating."

So yeah, ArenaNet had already taken people from GW2 and moved them to the new, now cancelled projects. When those people are fired, they won't return to GW2 - they will be gone. And GW2 will still be lacking people, just as described in the quote above.

So yeah, this is very bad news for GW2.

> @"Behellagh.1468" said:

> A company with a single product is a doomed company. ArenaNet needs to look at developing another product. Their primary source of income can't just be GW2 or the company will eventually be doomed.

Exactly. Those who won't be laid off will continue working with the knowledge that they're on borrowed time: the company failed when trying to make other products, and so everything they have left is an aging game from a dying genre.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> It's easy to blame raids, but in and of themselves, they weren't the issue. But the perception of raids certainly contributed to a casual exodus and it's my believe casuals spend more money than hard core players.

Hi Vayne!

You know, I actually think raids weren't exactly the main issue. I agree with your points about HoT, but it feels like a lot of people returned with Path of Fire. I think the main problem with raids was how they have stretched ArenaNet even more - now they have to balance and make content for organized PvP and WvW and the main storyline and the open world and Fractals AND raids. With so many fronts, it isn't surprising that ArenaNet can't make content as fast as people wanted them to.

> @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > The layoffs are for those that were working on unannounced projects of Arenanet, not those working on Guild Wars 2. Those extra projects were cancelled.

> > This won't affect Guild Wars 2 in a negative way. Or, if anything, it will be "better" in a sense that employees of Arenanet won't be allocated to those other projects instead of working on Guild Wars 2.

>

> Of course it will affect GW2 negatively.

>

> First, there's the impact on morale from having a bunch of people laid off. Second, there's also the negative impact of seeing projects the company spent a lot of effort on being cancelled, and everything other than GW2 being killed. Third, as said by a former ArenaNet designer:

>

> > @"Jessica Price.1649"

> >"[ArenaNet] had two major projects in the works when I was there. One was indefinitely suspended while I was still there. For those of us working on GW2, our mandate was essentially to make it look like there was the same level of resources devoted to GW2, when they were actually steadily moving people off of it onto the other projects.

> >"It was bad enough that at one point we were told we could only have one cinematic for Ep5 (All or Nothing), which, given that it was the climax of the season and had more heavy emotional beats than anything else we'd done (at least while I was there), was devastating."

>

> So yeah, ArenaNet had already taken people from GW2 and moved them to the new, now cancelled projects. When those people are fired, they won't return to GW2 - they will be gone. And GW2 will still be lacking people, just as described in the quote above.

>

> So yeah, this is very bad news for GW2.

>

> > @"Behellagh.1468" said:

> > A company with a single product is a doomed company. ArenaNet needs to look at developing another product. Their primary source of income can't just be GW2 or the company will eventually be doomed.

>

> Exactly. Those who won't be laid off will continue working with the knowledge that they're on borrowed time: the company failed when trying to make other products, and so everything they have left is an aging game from a dying genre.

>

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > It's easy to blame raids, but in and of themselves, they weren't the issue. But the perception of raids certainly contributed to a casual exodus and it's my believe casuals spend more money than hard core players.

>

> Hi Vayne!

>

> You know, I actually think raids weren't exactly the main issue. I agree with your points about HoT, but it feels like a lot of people returned with Path of Fire. I think the main problem with raids was how they have stretched ArenaNet even more - now they have to balance and make content for organized PvP and WvW and the main storyline and the open world and Fractals AND raids. With so many fronts, it isn't surprising that ArenaNet can't make content as fast as people wanted them to.

I never know whether to take anything she says as accurate or not, but I'm a bit confused by ep5 being mentioned as the climax. I thought they stated a 6th?