Suggestions: A prestige system ("New game plus")

If someone has achieved 100% World Completion, give them the option to reset their entire world. Also make them weaker relative to the mobs to make the game a bit harder. Give it some incentives (like different colors for the star, new titles, gear etc) and that's a way you could add more content with relatively little work.

> @"MrCuddowls.4610" said:

> If someone has achieved 100% World Completion, give them the option to reset their entire world. Also make them weaker relative to the mobs to make the game a bit harder. Give it some incentives (like different colors for the star, new titles, gear etc) and that's a way you could add more content with relatively little work.

That seems like a lot of work to me. Rebalancing all of those zones. And the tech they’d have to build to register whether it’s a players second attempt, and specifically rebalancing them only in core Tyria. Then making sure that the balance is just right, I.e. some mob somewhere isn’t hitting just a few percent higher than they should. Lol

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"MrCuddowls.4610" said:

> > If someone has achieved 100% World Completion, give them the option to reset their entire world. Also make them weaker relative to the mobs to make the game a bit harder. Give it some incentives (like different colors for the star, new titles, gear etc) and that's a way you could add more content with relatively little work.

>

> That seems like a lot of work to me. Rebalancing all of those zones. And the tech they’d have to build to register whether it’s a players second attempt, and specifically rebalancing them only in core Tyria. Then making sure that the balance is just right, I.e. some mob somewhere isn’t hitting just a few percent higher than they should. Lol

>

I don't think they have to change anything with the zones. They just need to make your character scale lower.

> @"MrCuddowls.4610" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > @"MrCuddowls.4610" said:

> > > If someone has achieved 100% World Completion, give them the option to reset their entire world. Also make them weaker relative to the mobs to make the game a bit harder. Give it some incentives (like different colors for the star, new titles, gear etc) and that's a way you could add more content with relatively little work.

> >

> > That seems like a lot of work to me. Rebalancing all of those zones. And the tech they’d have to build to register whether it’s a players second attempt, and specifically rebalancing them only in core Tyria. Then making sure that the balance is just right, I.e. some mob somewhere isn’t hitting just a few percent higher than they should. Lol

> >

>

> I don't think they have to change anything with the zones. They just need to make your character scale lower.

Why do any work at all? You can scale your character lower by taking less gear.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"MrCuddowls.4610" said:

> > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > > @"MrCuddowls.4610" said:

> > > > If someone has achieved 100% World Completion, give them the option to reset their entire world. Also make them weaker relative to the mobs to make the game a bit harder. Give it some incentives (like different colors for the star, new titles, gear etc) and that's a way you could add more content with relatively little work.

> > >

> > > That seems like a lot of work to me. Rebalancing all of those zones. And the tech they’d have to build to register whether it’s a players second attempt, and specifically rebalancing them only in core Tyria. Then making sure that the balance is just right, I.e. some mob somewhere isn’t hitting just a few percent higher than they should. Lol

> > >

> >

> > I don't think they have to change anything with the zones. They just need to make your character scale lower.

>

> Why do any work at all? You can scale your character lower by taking less gear.

And I think the type of person that would redo map completion would probably find a way like this or an iron man challenge like not dying from 1 to 80 without needing the devs to do anything. I don’t think something of this undertaking would ultimately appeal to a very large group of people, even with titles or different color stars. Weapon or armor models perhaps. And then, realistically, you would just wind up with groups doing this challenge to get the reward faster and negating the difficulty with numbers.