[Suggestion] - Player Housing

I think housing would generate alot of revenue if Anet implements it right. Only if it's not a solo( Meaning other people can't see the outside of your house without going into an Instance.) home instance.

Hope it's implemented along the lines of a neighborhood instance instead. Perhaps 50 houses per instance. You can use a portal to tp back to the neighborhood. If you don't like your neighborhood or neighbor, you can pay to move. These neighborhood instances should be tied(where you can map chat) to specific popular map with lots of traffic. Like Lions arch or Crystal Desert.

For decorations/items/pets/whatnot for the house, they need to provide a balance. Where you can acquire from gemstore and in game play. I've mentioned this a few times, but they should sell items in gemstore that enhance items you can get in game uniquely. That way, there's prestige in getting the item and at the same time, generate sales in the gemstore.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > There are many threads that already discuss this topic to death. Please use the forums search function.

> > > >

> > > > ^THIS---why start another thread on a tired old subject that has been discussed to death.?????

> > > >

> > >

> > > They didn't start another thread, they necroe'd a thread on housing and then, well, rambled about unrelated things.

> >

> > Thanks, will hit the 'report' button then.

>

> I don't think necro'ing old threads is against the rules.... (nor should it be).

[Actually, it is](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/342/forum-moderation-and-infraction-system "Actually, it is").

Examples of Content that May Receive a Notice:

Duplicate posts

Posts that quote removed content

Necro-posts (comments in an obsolete thread)

Posts that are off-topic, derailing, "bumps," etc.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > There are many threads that already discuss this topic to death. Please use the forums search function.

> > > > >

> > > > > ^THIS---why start another thread on a tired old subject that has been discussed to death.?????

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > They didn't start another thread, they necroe'd a thread on housing and then, well, rambled about unrelated things.

> > >

> > > Thanks, will hit the 'report' button then.

> >

> > I don't think necro'ing old threads is against the rules.... (nor should it be).

>

> [Actually, it is](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/342/forum-moderation-and-infraction-system "Actually, it is").

>

> Examples of Content that May Receive a Notice:

>

> Duplicate posts

> Posts that quote removed content

> Necro-posts (comments in an obsolete thread)

> Posts that are off-topic, derailing, "bumps," etc.

>

Oh so we should stop telling people to search for other, existing threads then as doing that might be seen to be encouraging bumps and necros which is against the rules but if, for example, someone creates a brand new, not duplicate, "I want housing" thread then that's not against the rules.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

>

> Oh so we should stop telling people to search for other, existing threads then as doing that might be seen to be encouraging bumps and necros which is against the rules but if, for example, someone creates a brand new, not duplicate, "I want housing" thread then that's not against the rules.

No, I believe that people should search the forums first and read the threads that result from the search because, as in this instance, there probably isn't anything else to add to an old discussion that had not already been covered in the many existing threads. Then, a new thread would not be necessary.

Seriously, what could be added to the I Want Housing topic that hasn't already been discussed?

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> >

> > Oh so we should stop telling people to search for other, existing threads then as doing that might be seen to be encouraging bumps and necros which is against the rules but if, for example, someone creates a brand new, not duplicate, "I want housing" thread then that's not against the rules.

> No, I believe that people should search the forums first and read the threads that result from the search because, as in this instance, there probably isn't anything else to add to an old discussion that had not already been covered in the many existing threads. Then, a new thread would not be necessary.

>

> Seriously, what could be added to the I Want Housing topic that hasn't already been discussed?

>

>

>

Perhaps nothing, perhaps a lot, depending on the subject and poster but it'd be nice if they could simply say what they want without the kind of impatient and negative reactions seen in this thread.

I think that people should leave the moderation of the forums to the actual forum moderators.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> >

> > Oh so we should stop telling people to search for other, existing threads then as doing that might be seen to be encouraging bumps and necros which is against the rules but if, for example, someone creates a brand new, not duplicate, "I want housing" thread then that's not against the rules.

> No, I believe that people should search the forums first and read the threads that result from the search because, as in this instance, there probably isn't anything else to add to an old discussion that had not already been covered in the many existing threads. Then, a new thread would not be necessary.

>

> Seriously, what could be added to the I Want Housing topic that hasn't already been discussed?

>

>

>

In your estimation nothing. But in someone else’s, maybe their point needs to be added.