Anyone feel the update didn’t say enough?

Kam.4092

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > The only thing I am interested in is a new expac announcement and *them admitting that the LS is a major part of the problem in their strategy for how to move forward with the game*

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > and you know this because?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Do you say that focussing on one time only throw away content that takes months of dev time to deliver sparsely spread out 2-4hrs of content every 3-4 months is something that is benefitial to the playerbase of an MMORPG?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > you know LS is the reason gw2 is failing because you don't like LS. got it

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think it's clear that GW2 can't keep up with just doing LS. Expansions boost revenue and increase gem store spending for a while until it tapers down again. Particularly after PoF gem store spending went up quite a bit but it's dropping again (as per the financial report of Ncsoft). So delaying the expansion is already a bad move and if they aren't able to do expansions anymore because of the layoffs it will also be bad for revenue. Of course the game will still last for a while since the cost of ArenaNet has been brought down by about a third.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > while i agree that LS isn't the big money maker but i also wouldn't call it the reason gw2 is "failing" and "going to die soon" or whatever the hysteria mob is saying RN. there's also no reason to believe anet has outright cancelled xpacs.

> > > > > I also don't agree with the hysterics and knee-jerk reactions that the game is going to die now or whatever. I believe that even if the game would go into maintenance mode today there is enough of a core fanbase to keep the game going for at least a few years and it's not going into maintenance mode as they are still bringing out content.

> > > > >

> > > > > I do not know if they've outright cancelled expansions but they did decided to at least delay it and now they lost over a third of their staff. So again I do not know, but I do wonder if that leaves them with enough staff to keep up the LS chapters AND make a new expansion in the meantime. There is enough information to ask that question, but not enough to answer it.

> > > >

> > > > they've still got around 250 ppl working at anet (and we now know all of them work on gw2) which is still alot of ppl (iirc there were 126 back at the game's launch) so i doubt there's any trouble on that end.

> > > That doesn't tell us anything really. First of all the game launch was preceded by nothing for years. So in 2007/8 development stopped for Guild Wars and they did nothing else but build GW2 from then on. So the 5 years they had there they didn't need to work on LS chapters. In short comparing it to the launch team makes no sense.

> >

> > trust me when i say that if they can launch an mmo with less then 150 devs then they can maintain an mmo with more then 250.

> You've got to be kidding. Why on earth would I trust you on your word? If anything I would be wiser to distrust you since you ignore my arguments so you can maintain your narrative. That's not a good sign for me.

ignore what?

> > > > all in all i think it's kinda pointless to worry about it until we get more news about xpacs (which i doubt we'll get until near the end of season 5)

> > > That may be good enough for you but not for me. I worry about it now because I feel my interest in the current game starting to fade because I'm running out of things I like to do. If as you say we have to wait till the end of season 5 to find out about expansions I'll be long gone. I'd like to prevent that but I'm not the type to hang around for a year and hope that I finally get that good news.

> > >

> >

> > i don't know what it is you like to do but you're not gonna convince me that xpacs are the only time anet adds to that list. and even then if you don't want to stick around, then don't, maybe lurk the forums and reddit occasionally for updates but don't force yourself into doing things you don't like, you're only gonna sour your experience with the game

> I'm not trying to convince you of anything. My experience of the game is already souring if you want to call it that and because of that I would do better to quit playing soon or it will sour me against the game even more. It's ironic that you first correctly say that you do not know what it's like to be me and then to tell me how it will affect me. That's rather a contradiction. Again, a reason not to trust your judgments.

>

i know that's gonna happen the same way i know you don't eat jet engines

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > The only thing I am interested in is a new expac announcement and *them admitting that the LS is a major part of the problem in their strategy for how to move forward with the game*

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > and you know this because?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Do you say that focussing on one time only throw away content that takes months of dev time to deliver sparsely spread out 2-4hrs of content every 3-4 months is something that is benefitial to the playerbase of an MMORPG?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > you know LS is the reason gw2 is failing because you don't like LS. got it

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think it's clear that GW2 can't keep up with just doing LS. Expansions boost revenue and increase gem store spending for a while until it tapers down again. Particularly after PoF gem store spending went up quite a bit but it's dropping again (as per the financial report of Ncsoft). So delaying the expansion is already a bad move and if they aren't able to do expansions anymore because of the layoffs it will also be bad for revenue. Of course the game will still last for a while since the cost of ArenaNet has been brought down by about a third.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > while i agree that LS isn't the big money maker but i also wouldn't call it the reason gw2 is "failing" and "going to die soon" or whatever the hysteria mob is saying RN. there's also no reason to believe anet has outright cancelled xpacs.

> > > > > > I also don't agree with the hysterics and knee-jerk reactions that the game is going to die now or whatever. I believe that even if the game would go into maintenance mode today there is enough of a core fanbase to keep the game going for at least a few years and it's not going into maintenance mode as they are still bringing out content.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I do not know if they've outright cancelled expansions but they did decided to at least delay it and now they lost over a third of their staff. So again I do not know, but I do wonder if that leaves them with enough staff to keep up the LS chapters AND make a new expansion in the meantime. There is enough information to ask that question, but not enough to answer it.

> > > > >

> > > > > they've still got around 250 ppl working at anet (and we now know all of them work on gw2) which is still alot of ppl (iirc there were 126 back at the game's launch) so i doubt there's any trouble on that end.

> > > > That doesn't tell us anything really. First of all the game launch was preceded by nothing for years. So in 2007/8 development stopped for Guild Wars and they did nothing else but build GW2 from then on. So the 5 years they had there they didn't need to work on LS chapters. In short comparing it to the launch team makes no sense.

> > >

> > > trust me when i say that if they can launch an mmo with less then 150 devs then they can maintain an mmo with more then 250.

> > You've got to be kidding. Why on earth would I trust you on your word? If anything I would be wiser to distrust you since you ignore my arguments so you can maintain your narrative. That's not a good sign for me.

>

> ignore what?

That would be my point. You don't even see what I write that you don't like.

> > > > > all in all i think it's kinda pointless to worry about it until we get more news about xpacs (which i doubt we'll get until near the end of season 5)

> > > > That may be good enough for you but not for me. I worry about it now because I feel my interest in the current game starting to fade because I'm running out of things I like to do. If as you say we have to wait till the end of season 5 to find out about expansions I'll be long gone. I'd like to prevent that but I'm not the type to hang around for a year and hope that I finally get that good news.

> > > >

> > >

> > > i don't know what it is you like to do but you're not gonna convince me that xpacs are the only time anet adds to that list. and even then if you don't want to stick around, then don't, maybe lurk the forums and reddit occasionally for updates but don't force yourself into doing things you don't like, you're only gonna sour your experience with the game

> > I'm not trying to convince you of anything. My experience of the game is already souring if you want to call it that and because of that I would do better to quit playing soon or it will sour me against the game even more. It's ironic that you first correctly say that you do not know what it's like to be me and then to tell me how it will affect me. That's rather a contradiction. Again, a reason not to trust your judgments.

> >

>

> i know that's gonna happen the same way i know you don't eat jet engines

Could you put that into normal English. I have no idea what you are referring to here and to make a comparison of a positive with a negative is hardly helpful.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > The only thing I am interested in is a new expac announcement and *them admitting that the LS is a major part of the problem in their strategy for how to move forward with the game*

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > and you know this because?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Do you say that focussing on one time only throw away content that takes months of dev time to deliver sparsely spread out 2-4hrs of content every 3-4 months is something that is benefitial to the playerbase of an MMORPG?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > you know LS is the reason gw2 is failing because you don't like LS. got it

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I think it's clear that GW2 can't keep up with just doing LS. Expansions boost revenue and increase gem store spending for a while until it tapers down again. Particularly after PoF gem store spending went up quite a bit but it's dropping again (as per the financial report of Ncsoft). So delaying the expansion is already a bad move and if they aren't able to do expansions anymore because of the layoffs it will also be bad for revenue. Of course the game will still last for a while since the cost of ArenaNet has been brought down by about a third.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > while i agree that LS isn't the big money maker but i also wouldn't call it the reason gw2 is "failing" and "going to die soon" or whatever the hysteria mob is saying RN. there's also no reason to believe anet has outright cancelled xpacs.

> > > > > > > I also don't agree with the hysterics and knee-jerk reactions that the game is going to die now or whatever. I believe that even if the game would go into maintenance mode today there is enough of a core fanbase to keep the game going for at least a few years and it's not going into maintenance mode as they are still bringing out content.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I do not know if they've outright cancelled expansions but they did decided to at least delay it and now they lost over a third of their staff. So again I do not know, but I do wonder if that leaves them with enough staff to keep up the LS chapters AND make a new expansion in the meantime. There is enough information to ask that question, but not enough to answer it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > they've still got around 250 ppl working at anet (and we now know all of them work on gw2) which is still alot of ppl (iirc there were 126 back at the game's launch) so i doubt there's any trouble on that end.

> > > > > That doesn't tell us anything really. First of all the game launch was preceded by nothing for years. So in 2007/8 development stopped for Guild Wars and they did nothing else but build GW2 from then on. So the 5 years they had there they didn't need to work on LS chapters. In short comparing it to the launch team makes no sense.

> > > >

> > > > trust me when i say that if they can launch an mmo with less then 150 devs then they can maintain an mmo with more then 250.

> > > You've got to be kidding. Why on earth would I trust you on your word? If anything I would be wiser to distrust you since you ignore my arguments so you can maintain your narrative. That's not a good sign for me.

> >

> > ignore what?

> That would be my point. You don't even see what I write that you don't like.

i'm currently doing 5 things at the same time, srry if i missed something. so could you stop accusing me of being some ignorant cat

> > > > > > all in all i think it's kinda pointless to worry about it until we get more news about xpacs (which i doubt we'll get until near the end of season 5)

> > > > > That may be good enough for you but not for me. I worry about it now because I feel my interest in the current game starting to fade because I'm running out of things I like to do. If as you say we have to wait till the end of season 5 to find out about expansions I'll be long gone. I'd like to prevent that but I'm not the type to hang around for a year and hope that I finally get that good news.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > i don't know what it is you like to do but you're not gonna convince me that xpacs are the only time anet adds to that list. and even then if you don't want to stick around, then don't, maybe lurk the forums and reddit occasionally for updates but don't force yourself into doing things you don't like, you're only gonna sour your experience with the game

> > > I'm not trying to convince you of anything. My experience of the game is already souring if you want to call it that and because of that I would do better to quit playing soon or it will sour me against the game even more. It's ironic that you first correctly say that you do not know what it's like to be me and then to tell me how it will affect me. That's rather a contradiction. Again, a reason not to trust your judgments.

> > >

> >

> > i know that's gonna happen the same way i know you don't eat jet engines

> Could you put that into normal English. I have no idea what you are referring to here and to make a comparison of a positive with a negative is hardly helpful.

>

i know that what i said will happen because it applies to 99.99% of all humans.

is that clearer?

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > The only thing I am interested in is a new expac announcement and *them admitting that the LS is a major part of the problem in their strategy for how to move forward with the game*

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > and you know this because?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Do you say that focussing on one time only throw away content that takes months of dev time to deliver sparsely spread out 2-4hrs of content every 3-4 months is something that is benefitial to the playerbase of an MMORPG?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > you know LS is the reason gw2 is failing because you don't like LS. got it

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I think it's clear that GW2 can't keep up with just doing LS. Expansions boost revenue and increase gem store spending for a while until it tapers down again. Particularly after PoF gem store spending went up quite a bit but it's dropping again (as per the financial report of Ncsoft). So delaying the expansion is already a bad move and if they aren't able to do expansions anymore because of the layoffs it will also be bad for revenue. Of course the game will still last for a while since the cost of ArenaNet has been brought down by about a third.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > while i agree that LS isn't the big money maker but i also wouldn't call it the reason gw2 is "failing" and "going to die soon" or whatever the hysteria mob is saying RN. there's also no reason to believe anet has outright cancelled xpacs.

> > > > > > > > I also don't agree with the hysterics and knee-jerk reactions that the game is going to die now or whatever. I believe that even if the game would go into maintenance mode today there is enough of a core fanbase to keep the game going for at least a few years and it's not going into maintenance mode as they are still bringing out content.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I do not know if they've outright cancelled expansions but they did decided to at least delay it and now they lost over a third of their staff. So again I do not know, but I do wonder if that leaves them with enough staff to keep up the LS chapters AND make a new expansion in the meantime. There is enough information to ask that question, but not enough to answer it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > they've still got around 250 ppl working at anet (and we now know all of them work on gw2) which is still alot of ppl (iirc there were 126 back at the game's launch) so i doubt there's any trouble on that end.

> > > > > > That doesn't tell us anything really. First of all the game launch was preceded by nothing for years. So in 2007/8 development stopped for Guild Wars and they did nothing else but build GW2 from then on. So the 5 years they had there they didn't need to work on LS chapters. In short comparing it to the launch team makes no sense.

> > > > >

> > > > > trust me when i say that if they can launch an mmo with less then 150 devs then they can maintain an mmo with more then 250.

> > > > You've got to be kidding. Why on earth would I trust you on your word? If anything I would be wiser to distrust you since you ignore my arguments so you can maintain your narrative. That's not a good sign for me.

> > >

> > > ignore what?

> > That would be my point. You don't even see what I write that you don't like.

>

> i'm currently doing 5 things at the same time, srry if i missed something. so could you stop accusing me of being some ignorant cat

This is again an example of you not reasoning properly. I said you are ignoring things I say here, that doesn't make you ignorant. So I never accused you of being ignorant. Now if you do 5 things at the same time and therefore you miss things I say, I can only suggest that you do fewer things at the same time so you can pay a little bit more attention to what you're replying to.

> > > > > > > all in all i think it's kinda pointless to worry about it until we get more news about xpacs (which i doubt we'll get until near the end of season 5)

> > > > > > That may be good enough for you but not for me. I worry about it now because I feel my interest in the current game starting to fade because I'm running out of things I like to do. If as you say we have to wait till the end of season 5 to find out about expansions I'll be long gone. I'd like to prevent that but I'm not the type to hang around for a year and hope that I finally get that good news.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > i don't know what it is you like to do but you're not gonna convince me that xpacs are the only time anet adds to that list. and even then if you don't want to stick around, then don't, maybe lurk the forums and reddit occasionally for updates but don't force yourself into doing things you don't like, you're only gonna sour your experience with the game

> > > > I'm not trying to convince you of anything. My experience of the game is already souring if you want to call it that and because of that I would do better to quit playing soon or it will sour me against the game even more. It's ironic that you first correctly say that you do not know what it's like to be me and then to tell me how it will affect me. That's rather a contradiction. Again, a reason not to trust your judgments.

> > > >

> > >

> > > i know that's gonna happen the same way i know you don't eat jet engines

> > Could you put that into normal English. I have no idea what you are referring to here and to make a comparison of a positive with a negative is hardly helpful.

> >

>

> i know that what i said will happen because it applies to 99.99% of all humans.

>

> is that clearer?

Yes but it it's also disappointing because that number of 99.99% is clearly made up and therefore it's rather a silly thing to contend that you know something on the basis of faulty statements. And this again is why I'm right not to trust your judgment.

So let's do the right thing and end this exchange. My expectation is that this discussion will lead to neither anything productive nor anything positive.

For what its worth. I 100% agree with OP that this update was basically useless and did nothing to make me feel this game has a solid future.

We got an assurance that the next living story will still go ahead which is something, but no guarantee when, and if the other chapters of LS will follow. (although Its very likely they will eventually come). No guarantee of any expansion or that fracs/raids and PVP will continue to see updates. Considering these modes are 90% of my playtime, thats not good news to me.

Other than that we only got acknowledgement that the game will be on maintenance mode, with some QOL updates and festivals.

The only content they have guaranteed is the WVW alliance which has been promised over 1 yr ago.

Overall nothing which makes me feel great about gw2 furture. Especially with how sparce LW updates have been the past 6 months.

> @"Kam.4092" said:

> I was hoping for more things like hope for an expansion, or plans to rebuild Raid, and Fractal teams. I know it may be too early for these details, but I hope in the future we have more vocal devs again like Ben. We need a vocal group for Anet, especially now.

They are still in grieving at the loss of so many coworkers they were forced to let go. Give them some time. I'm sure all their plans are a mess atm. I just wonder if the news article forced them to do the layoffs early because it seems counter productive to do it right before a major patch.

> @"Kam.4092" said:

> I was hoping for more things like hope for an expansion, or plans to rebuild Raid, and Fractal teams. I know it may be too early for these details, but I hope in the future we have more vocal devs again like Ben. We need a vocal group for Anet, especially now.

It may simply be that they dont know themselves what is going to happen next. It doesnt appear the staff had much/any warning?

I do think that if they had an expansion in the works it would be mentioned to be honest- and news of an expansion (or a roadmap) would definitely calm the concerns people have

> @"zombyturtle.5980" said:

> For what its worth. I 100% agree with OP that this update was basically useless and did nothing to make me feel this game has a solid future.

>

> We got an assurance that the next living story will still go ahead which is something, but no guarantee when, and if the other chapters of LS will follow. (although Its very likely they will eventually come). No guarantee of any expansion or that fracs/raids and PVP will continue to see updates. Considering these modes are 90% of my playtime, thats not good news to me.

>

> Other than that we only got acknowledgement that the game will be on maintenance mode, with some QOL updates and festivals.

>

> The only content they have **guaranteed** is the WVW alliance which has been promised over 1 yr ago.

>

> Overall nothing which makes me feel great about gw2 furture. Especially with how sparce LW updates have been the past 6 months.

>

>

>

>

Quote from Z's post: Our long-term plans for the game like World Restructuring and large-scale improvements to quality of life are still in the works.

I don't see the word "guaranteed" in there. And you say after a year and spotty updates, does the term **"soon"** ring a bell. Don't hold your breath or get your hopes up. They couldn't even release a mount for WvW that most don't want properly. Don't bother giving me excuses because after almost 7 years, there are none!!!

> @"trev.1045" said:

> > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > I was hoping for more things like hope for an expansion, or plans to rebuild Raid, and Fractal teams. I know it may be too early for these details, but I hope in the future we have more vocal devs again like Ben. We need a vocal group for Anet, especially now.

>

> It may simply be that they dont know themselves what is going to happen next. It doesnt appear the staff had much/any warning?

> I do think that if they had an expansion in the works it would be mentioned to be honest- and news of an expansion (or a roadmap) would definitely calm the concerns people have

I'm pretty sure that this came as a complete surprise to the people at ArenaNet. Maybe some of the top management knew earlier but not the rest. I mean they were ready to add the new mount this week before that news hit the studio.

I'd say it's safe to assume that they themselves are trying to figure out where to go from here and then who's doing what exactly, while being shaken by this whole experience. Even to complete the thing for LS they already announced they'll have to see how exactly they'll do that because chances are a number of people that were working on that no longer are with the company.

I think it'd be good if they came out with a new roadmap and I'd really like them to at least say that a next expansion will be coming even if they have no idea when yet. However, I wouldn't expect or ask them for this roadmap till they've had a few weeks to reorganize.

> @"Kam.4092" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > i tink anet said enough about recent events.

> > > > the issue is that if anet says much more and it inevitably changes ppl will freak out about broken promises

> > >

> > > I would be fine if stuff took longer, or if stuff had to be canceled for other more important projects. I just want to know what they are trying, it’s easier to be supportive, when you know their goals a bit.

> > >

> >

> > we kinda know their goals, they want to keep gw2 going for as many years as possible

>

> I guess I’d like to know if more things other than living world would come out. I’d love a guild vs guild like PvP option that was a huge thing about GW1, and the selling point for many. I’d like new weapon types. Living Story maps are in need of Metas that reward a good amount of unique rewards like skins, and a good amount of gold. The last map was great for this, and the map with an armor set. I’d like meta achievements to give more than armor pieces.

>

> Overall this game is great, but needs to spice things up, instead of the same type of releases. There’s a lot of things they could do, and I hope we can see some of what I listed.

>

>

We know for a fact there is no guild vs guild feature coming. They don't need to list everything that's not coming that they haven't talked about. The big issue right now, the only one, is that some people are scared the ;game is in maintenance mode, which isn't the case. That's all that has to be said at this time. The studio just reorganized and any long term plans that were or weren't going on have to likely be reassessed. It's possible that not everyone even agrees on the way forward. Meetings have to be had. Timetables have to shift. Strategies have to be discussed. but no matter what happens. Guild vs Guild won't be the thing that comes of it, of that we can be sure.

If I had to predict I'd say raids were going to be a casualty in all of this, because I don't think there are enough raiders in this game by percentage of the playerbase. I also don't believe there were enough guild vs guild players in Guild Wars 1 by percentage of the audience, even though the game became known for it. I'd go ass far to say that it was intended as the original end game, but the devs found PvE more popular and so they moved away from PvP and toward PvE in later expansions. I mean if GvG was the most popular aspect of Guild Wars 1 why didn't they include it in Guild Wars 2? That's not what companies do.

We're opening another steak house, our steak is wildly popular, but we'll make the next one a vegan restaurant. Doesn't happen.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > i tink anet said enough about recent events.

> > > > > the issue is that if anet says much more and it inevitably changes ppl will freak out about broken promises

> > > >

> > > > I would be fine if stuff took longer, or if stuff had to be canceled for other more important projects. I just want to know what they are trying, it’s easier to be supportive, when you know their goals a bit.

> > > >

> > >

> > > we kinda know their goals, they want to keep gw2 going for as many years as possible

> >

> > I guess I’d like to know if more things other than living world would come out. I’d love a guild vs guild like PvP option that was a huge thing about GW1, and the selling point for many. I’d like new weapon types. Living Story maps are in need of Metas that reward a good amount of unique rewards like skins, and a good amount of gold. The last map was great for this, and the map with an armor set. I’d like meta achievements to give more than armor pieces.

> >

> > Overall this game is great, but needs to spice things up, instead of the same type of releases. There’s a lot of things they could do, and I hope we can see some of what I listed.

> >

> >

>

> We know for a fact there is no guild vs guild feature coming. They don't need to list everything that's not coming that they haven't talked about. The big issue right now, the only one, is that some people are scared the ;game is in maintenance mode, which isn't the case. That's all that has to be said at this time. The studio just reorganized and any long term plans that were or weren't going on have to likely be reassessed. It's possible that not everyone even agrees on the way forward. Meetings have to be had. Timetables have to shift. Strategies have to be discussed. but no matter what happens. Guild vs Guild won't be the thing that comes of it, of that we can be sure.

I think that there is a double issue. On the one hand the fear people have due to the layoffs but then at the same time people have been worried about content and not getting an expansion this year before this news even hit.

> If I had to predict I'd say raids were going to be a casualty in all of this, because I don't think there are enough raiders in this game by percentage of the playerbase. I also don't believe there were enough guild vs guild players in Guild Wars 1 by percentage of the audience, even though the game became known for it. I'd go kitten far to say that it was intended as the original end game, but the devs found PvE more popular and so they moved away from PvP and toward PvE in later expansions. I mean if GvG was the most popular aspect of Guild Wars 1 why didn't they include it in Guild Wars 2? That's not what companies do.

Ironic that GvG isn't working out for a game called Guild Wars but oh well, you can't force such things. However, I disagree with you entirely on the transfer from GW1 to GW2. Clearly some things worked will in GW1 and they took none of it into GW2. So the argument that GW2 didn't get GvG and therefore it wasn't that popular in GW1 doesn't fly. Then you might as well say that nothing worked in GW1 and yet it was more successful than they imagined possible. So no, you can't apply that reasoning to GW1 and 2 because they are essentially completely different games that have nothing to do with each other except a shared lore.

> We're opening another steak house, our steak is wildly popular, but we'll make the next one a vegan restaurant. Doesn't happen.

This comparison therefore fails completely in my view because GW2 is just completely different from GW1 in just about every way. It might as well be the vegan version of GW1 because the meat of GW1 was certainly not used for GW2.

> @"Kam.4092" said:

Don't see why you would be expecting any of this. Nothing has indicated they would come out with these kind of news, especially not NOW. You are kind of setting yourself up for disappointment there.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > > > i tink anet said enough about recent events.

> > > > > the issue is that if anet says much more and it inevitably changes ppl will freak out about broken promises

> > > >

> > > > I would be fine if stuff took longer, or if stuff had to be canceled for other more important projects. I just want to know what they are trying, it’s easier to be supportive, when you know their goals a bit.

> > > >

> > >

> > > we kinda know their goals, they want to keep gw2 going for as many years as possible

> >

> > I guess I’d like to know if more things other than living world would come out. I’d love a guild vs guild like PvP option that was a huge thing about GW1, and the selling point for many. I’d like new weapon types. Living Story maps are in need of Metas that reward a good amount of unique rewards like skins, and a good amount of gold. The last map was great for this, and the map with an armor set. I’d like meta achievements to give more than armor pieces.

> >

> > Overall this game is great, but needs to spice things up, instead of the same type of releases. There’s a lot of things they could do, and I hope we can see some of what I listed.

> >

> >

>

> We know for a fact there is no guild vs guild feature coming. They don't need to list everything that's not coming that they haven't talked about. The big issue right now, the only one, is that some people are scared the ;game is in maintenance mode, which isn't the case. That's all that has to be said at this time. The studio just reorganized and any long term plans that were or weren't going on have to likely be reassessed. It's possible that not everyone even agrees on the way forward. Meetings have to be had. Timetables have to shift. Strategies have to be discussed. but no matter what happens. Guild vs Guild won't be the thing that comes of it, of that we can be sure.

>

> If I had to predict I'd say raids were going to be a casualty in all of this, because I don't think there are enough raiders in this game by percentage of the playerbase. I also don't believe there were enough guild vs guild players in Guild Wars 1 by percentage of the audience, even though the game became known for it. I'd go kitten far to say that it was intended as the original end game, but the devs found PvE more popular and so they moved away from PvP and toward PvE in later expansions. I mean if GvG was the most popular aspect of Guild Wars 1 why didn't they include it in Guild Wars 2? That's not what companies do.

>

> We're opening another steak house, our steak is wildly popular, but we'll make the next one a vegan restaurant. Doesn't happen.

I know this will be a horrid idea to many, but perhaps an easier version of raids (with less rewards) similar to LFR in wow would help in participation, i am pretty sure wow had the same issue (lots of resources used on raids but relatively few raiders). That was their answer.

I am still levelling, so could be talking rubbish of course- apologies if so :)

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > The only thing I am interested in is a new expac announcement and *them admitting that the LS is a major part of the problem in their strategy for how to move forward with the game*

> > > >

> > > > and you know this because?

> > >

> > > Do you say that focussing on one time only throw away content that takes months of dev time to deliver sparsely spread out 2-4hrs of content every 3-4 months is something that is benefitial to the playerbase of an MMORPG?

> >

> > you know LS is the reason gw2 is failing because you don't like LS. got it

>

> Keep telling yourself that. You're not here to discuss but defend. Which is why you spout out oneliners without any arguments

What would you suggest? That they hold off with LS content updates and save it for expansions every two years? Not trying to be an ass, I’m honestly curious of what you would like to see instead.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > > The only thing I am interested in is a new expac announcement and *them admitting that the LS is a major part of the problem in their strategy for how to move forward with the game*

> > > > >

> > > > > and you know this because?

> > > >

> > > > Do you say that focussing on one time only throw away content that takes months of dev time to deliver sparsely spread out 2-4hrs of content every 3-4 months is something that is benefitial to the playerbase of an MMORPG?

> > >

> > > you know LS is the reason gw2 is failing because you don't like LS. got it

> >

> > Keep telling yourself that. You're not here to discuss but defend. Which is why you spout out oneliners without any arguments

>

> What would you suggest? That they hold off with LS content updates and save it for expansions every two years? Not trying to be an kitten, I’m honestly curious of what you would like to see instead.

I think regular expansions are an absoloute must to maintain market share

I get what your saying though... it leads to a risk of content droughts inbetween

I guess the answer is that content in between expansions has to be fun for players to repeat?

Wow went the way of massive grinds doing the same quests over and over... whilst that kept players busy it wasnt fun....