Initiate's Ring lost

In case other key farmers are interested in finding other potential stat boosters: that's about it for trinkets.

According to [my semantic search on the wiki](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Special%3AAsk&q=%5B%5BHas+equipment+supertype%3A%3Atrinket%5D%5D%5B%5BHas+item+rarity%3A%3AExotic%5D%5D+%5B%5BHas+level+requirement%3A%3A%3C%3C25%5D%5D&po=%3FHas+item+type%0D%0A%3FHas+level+requirement%0D%0A&eq=yes&p%5Bformat%5D=broadtable&sort_num=&order_num=ASC&p%5Blimit%5D=500&p%5Boffset%5D=&p%5Blink%5D=all&p%5Bsort%5D=&p%5Bheaders%5D=show&p%5Bmainlabel%5D=&p%5Bintro%5D=&p%5Boutro%5D=&p%5Bsearchlabel%5D=...+further+results&p%5Bdefault%5D=&p%5Bclass%5D=sortable+wikitable+smwtable&p%5Bsep%5D=&eq=yes), there's only one exotic trinket with a level requirement below 25. (The Initiate's Ring.)

And there are no rare trinkets below item 25, not for ~~love~~ karma or money. (Well, technically [there's one](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beautiful_Pendant), but it has no stats, so not helpful.)

I can't even be bothered to equip any armor when I actually level a char to 10 instead of using books. The story steps are so easy that such stats barely save some seconds from an instance, if at all. And how does a level 20 ring help a weekly keyfarm char that only needs to be level 10? Do you somehow have an endless supply of instant level 20 scrolls so that your keyfarmers keep being level 20?

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> I can't even be bothered to equip any armor when I actually level a char to 10 instead of using books.

I haven't leveled a character to 10 manually in ages, except for a specific personal challenge or for fun.

> The story steps are so easy that such stats barely save some seconds from an instance, if at all.

A combination of saved gear saves minutes from the overall duration of a key run.

As you say, it is easy without that, of course. It's just easier still with.

> Do you somehow have an endless supply of instant level 20 scrolls so that your keyfarmers keep being level 20?

I have enough tomes of knowledge for a year of L20 key runs, plus a large number of level-to-64-for-nullification toons (and that's after creating a number of new toons and re-rolls the last 12 months).

(I have run out of insta-20, insta-30 etc, but that was only after spending them to get sigils of nullification.)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > I can't even be bothered to equip any armor when I actually level a char to 10 instead of using books.

> I haven't leveled a character to 10 manually in ages, except for a specific personal challenge or for fun.

>

> > The story steps are so easy that such stats barely save some seconds from an instance, if at all.

> A combination of saved gear saves minutes from the overall duration of a key run.

> As you say, it is easy without that, of course. It's just easier still with.

>

> > Do you somehow have an endless supply of instant level 20 scrolls so that your keyfarmers keep being level 20?

> I have enough tomes of knowledge for a year of L20 key runs, plus a large number of level-to-64-for-nullification toons (and that's after creating a number of new toons and re-rolls the last 12 months).

> (I have run out of insta-20, insta-30 etc, but that was only after spending them to get sigils of nullification.)

>

Ok if you have THAT many books I guess it won't hurt to make some space and level chars to 20 instead of 10, but I think I still wouldn't do it. I would feel like completely wasting 10 books each time for such a small time gain :)

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> Ok if you have THAT many books I guess it won't hurt to make some space and level chars to 20 instead of 10, but I think I still wouldn't do it. I would feel like completely wasting 10 books each time for such a small time gain :)

Completely understandable. And I felt the same way for a while; even with tomes, I used to level up manually (it didn't take very long).

The [great philostopher, Bob Dylan](https://www.bobdylan.com/songs/stuck-inside-mobile-memphis-blues-again/) once asked

> ...what price

> You have to pay to get out of

> Going through all these things twice

Turns out, when the answer is "a coupla handfuls of tomes," I'm willing to pony up the money. (Your mileage will vary.)