People still get blue screen crash ?

i had to stop playing a few years ago. because after an hour or so i would get a blue screen then buzzing sound . and i had to pull the plug out to get the pc to shut off. i was wondering if a fix was ever found. in case anyone asks i have a i5-3570k cpu and r9280x with 8gb memory.

Must admit mate, not a bug I'm familiar with, I've neither heard of it, nor experienced it. So I should have to suggest you're probably fine. I'd say give it a try and if you have the problem still you might also want to think of having your hardware checked as, to me, that sounds more like a problem with the gfx card than a problem with GW2.

A lot of people play the game. At least some of them are going to have computer issues unrelated to the game, and some of those will only appear while the game is playing (perhaps because the game uses a lot of CPU time or it's the only time the game needs as much RAM or hard drive space).

As @"Automaton.2751" wrote, it's possibly a problem with your machine or installed software.

Give the game a try again and see what happens. If it works, great. If not, you have other options, such as contacting Support (even if it's not directly related to GW2, they can sometimes help), or looking for suggestions on the internet, or perhaps offering some more symptoms here and letting your fellow players have a crack at helping.