Sooo, when are the removed animations (Female Human) coming back?

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Keep in mind, that the game is supposed to be appropriate for younger ages (13 I believe?) and that perhaps ANet chooses not to do certain things to keep from getting slapped with a Mature rating. I can't speak for other MMOs, and neither can ANet. They can only worry about their own game and if a Mature rating would somehow affect their bottom line (less players?), then they would probably make these decisions based on that.

Meanwhile an asura in the Rata Sum is bragging how sexy she is

(Yes, she literally calls herself sexy)

(In Applied Development Lab)

‘# I come up here to contemplate the vastness of the Eternal Alchemy. This view keeps me humble. Well, as humble as a sexy genius like me can be.

:heart: [Charisma] I see your dilemma.

:speech_balloon: Yes, it's a curse, being so amazing.

:speech_balloon: I understand.

:speech_balloon: Enjoy.

> @"Amineo.8951" said:

>

> What about Sylvari Female being happy when she does the "happy idle", smiling and looking good in a desperate situation? Better remove it too!

Yes, you're right.

This animation looks silly, except in the starter-screen, where it looks somewhat flirty.

In contradiction : Sylvari-Female has the best running-animation, imho.

> @"Aryan Arlande.6184" said:

> > @"Amineo.8951" said:

> >

> > What about Sylvari Female being happy when she does the "happy idle", smiling and looking good in a desperate situation? Better remove it too!

>

> Yes, you're right.

>

> This animation looks silly, except in the starter-screen, where it looks somewhat flirty.

>

> In contradiction : Sylvari-Female has the best running-animation, imho.

>

>

They should just add it back and disable idle animations when talking or in cutscenes for all races, I know it's not easy since the animation got removed a little bit before Heart of Thorns came out but maybe I'm wrong.

> @"Aryan Arlande.6184" said:

> > @"Amineo.8951" said:

> >

> > What about Sylvari Female being happy when she does the "happy idle", smiling and looking good in a desperate situation? Better remove it too!

>

> Yes, you're right.

>

> This animation looks silly, except in the starter-screen, where it looks somewhat flirty.

>

> In contradiction : Sylvari-Female has the best running-animation, imho.

>

>

Bah! Female plant person with cheesy smile, needs a good beating. They even smile when they are defeated to lol

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> I definitely want to see these return as well. We just have to keep posting threads every so often and eventually we’ll probably see them return

This and also build templates, I know Arc exist but it shouldn't be a modder's job, all the other MMOs on the market has it so why GW2 after 6 years and half doesn't? It makes no sense to me.

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> Lol what was sexual about that animation.? I was thinking it was she stretched herself like being bored bcs of being idle...

>

>

> Some people .....

Here is the stated reasons why they were removed

>[source](

)

>**barefootmatthew** (ANet Dev at that time)

>LOL That's rich. No they most definitely weren't removed for being sexist. They were removed because every time we went into a review of serious story content and you're supposed to be having really weighty conversations about Tyria-shaking, monumental decisions you and your team were making...oops, is this boring? Why am I yawning, and kicking the ground like I'd rather be ANYWHERE else? It happened so often that the only real way to address that feedback was to pull them out, because unfortunately our tools don't provide us designers with a way to throttle back only specific animations.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Here is the stated reasons why they were removed

>

>

> >[source](

)

> >**barefootmatthew** (ANet Dev at that time)

> >LOL That's rich. No they most definitely weren't removed for being sexist. They were removed because every time we went into a review of serious story content and you're supposed to be having really weighty conversations about Tyria-shaking, monumental decisions you and your team were making...oops, is this boring? Why am I yawning, and kicking the ground like I'd rather be ANYWHERE else? It happened so often that the only real way to address that feedback was to pull them out, because unfortunately our tools don't provide us designers with a way to throttle back only specific animations.

That's amazing, because here is Anet saying it is a bug:

[https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/2#post4392079](https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/2#post4392079 "https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/2#post4392079")

> @"Neural.1824" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > Here is the stated reasons why they were removed

> >

> >

> > >[source](

)

> > >**barefootmatthew** (ANet Dev at that time)

> > >LOL That's rich. No they most definitely weren't removed for being sexist. They were removed because every time we went into a review of serious story content and you're supposed to be having really weighty conversations about Tyria-shaking, monumental decisions you and your team were making...oops, is this boring? Why am I yawning, and kicking the ground like I'd rather be ANYWHERE else? It happened so often that the only real way to address that feedback was to pull them out, because unfortunately our tools don't provide us designers with a way to throttle back only specific animations.

>

> That's amazing, because here is Anet saying it is a bug:

> [https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/2#post4392079](https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/2#post4392079 "https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/2#post4392079")

>

That post is ambiguous as to what exactly it’s referring to. It appears to be a merged thread and might be referring to the change in the female walking animation, which is mentioned a couple posts before the dev post.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > Lol what was sexual about that animation.? I was thinking it was she stretched herself like being bored bcs of being idle...

> >

> >

> > Some people .....

>

>

> Here is the stated reasons why they were removed

>

>

> >[source](

)

> >**barefootmatthew** (ANet Dev at that time)

> >LOL That's rich. No they most definitely weren't removed for being sexist. They were removed because every time we went into a review of serious story content and you're supposed to be having really weighty conversations about Tyria-shaking, monumental decisions you and your team were making...oops, is this boring? Why am I yawning, and kicking the ground like I'd rather be ANYWHERE else? It happened so often that the only real way to address that feedback was to pull them out, because unfortunately our tools don't provide us designers with a way to throttle back only specific animations.

Yep. This is pretty much correct. While you can argue the distracted sway of a female sylvari counts too, but it was cheaper for ANET to remove these two animations than to rebuild their tools (to tackle all idles) or replace specific idle animations. The quickest option was chosen, and here we are.

D: