A little angry for my investment

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Considering _that_ former employee's history with ArenaNet, I would be careful how much weight I'd place in that former employee's statements. And, I think there's a bit of hyperbole, as well.

>

> Oh, it’s _that_ former employee? Yeah, I would definitely take any statements from that former employee about gw2 with a very large grain of salt.

who we talkin bout Voldemort lol. but yeah bad taste and all...

> @"Squirrel.6318" said:

> That's what i've been saying for a long time. They are just greedy, there is like no point investing or supporting the company with real money because we get very very little back. Even their sales are a scam. "20% off!" wow what a deal wow 20% off.......

So getting 20% off is a scam??

You get very little back for your purchase of the game... just core for free with Hot, just all LS updates for free in between expac cycles if you care to log in when that particular chapter is live. Plus free content patches, Balance patches, events, QoL updates, bug fixing and Forums to post and discuss. Yep not much I guess for your £40 every 2 yrs. I can spend that a fortnight just in my the local pub.

I guess you don't run a business or work in a position of responsibility within one.. otherwise you would understand how your greedy statement is just dumbtalk.. ANET is not a charity, ooh and NC Soft might well be the one's setting the financial goals not ANET .. I f you feel that strongly, maybe write them a nice letter to lodge your complaint about their greed, they could do with a little laughter at the moment I bet.

> @"Daniel.5428" said:

>

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > I wonder...how much was invested those 5 years the Devs spent on creating Guild Wars 2?

>

> The cash from GW1 was probably invested, but the difference is that GW2 came out as a cool project and brought back 10 times more.

And, the most important thing, _players were informed of it_. Anyone playing GW1 since they announced they will start developing gw2 knew exactly what was going on. It wasn't a hidden project Anet silently moved resources to with players being none the wiser. It was all in the clear.

Not so in this case.

> @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > @"spinwizard.7903" said:

> > > > The game is not going to die. Your time and investments are still ok. So they were expanding into a mobile project and over four hundred people couldn’t deliver or complete a deadline in a year. It was a major cut into their revenue and nc soft was doing a lot better than areanet at the time with just lineage 2 profits. This is why guild wars hasn’t had an expansion for over a year now. So unfortunately those employees got the axe and the nc soft merge took place. And maybe they hired some previous world of Warcraft employees to work on the guild wars expansions. But they said there is absolutely nothing that will currently affect the game.

> > >

> > > they have said many things over the years, and if you actually believe, that 250 workers can do the same , as 400, then i have some bridges for you to buy

> > > the loss of gaile already HAS affected the game, so that is wrong too

> > > i also doubt, that this game will be the last survivor in the universe, but what do i know?

> > > they screwed up royally, now they have to face it, and work their way back

> >

> > 250 devs working on gw2 +150 working on a different product

> >

> > vs

> >

> > 250 devs working on gw2

> >

> > seems likely to produce similar results for gw2.

>

> they have lost some of their best workers..the loss of skills and the hit to morale WILL have an impact

> they also took a huge hit to their credability, anyone but their most faithful fans will be more careful with their money

> just look at the huge thread regarding gaile..business as usual, i suppose?

> and it will be months..maybe even years, before all the relocated resources can deliver something useful

According to Mr Foreman GW2 has had some of its best devs returned to it. As to the rest of your post, I was merely responding to your claim that 250 was somehow less than 250.