What happened to the people playing Fractal dailys?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to PUG fractals T4s daily prior to the update and don't anymore as well. For me, the new instabilities are just not worth the aggravation and time to PUG. If I could find a static group I'd keep doing them, but I've not been able to find one yet. Kind of a bummer, because I was working towards Fractal God title and have put this on hold.

Unfortunately, fractals are not on my daily to do list anymore.

I just have a bit more work towards fractal god, but I rather keep my sanity than have an achievement.

Parties fill up very slowly and when they do, you usually get fresh new people with very low experience. Usually the kind of people that tend to think highly of themselves but can't back that up with actual skills.

Add the new fucking instabilities in the mix and you get yourself a recipe for disaster.

Once in a blue moon you might get a decent party and can finish the chore without any drama.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Besides, as a wise man once said (referring to incomes), some people don't care if they earn enough for their needs, only that they earn more than someone else. I suspect its the same with many of those who adamantly support these new instabilities: it isn't that they wanted the content to be harder, they just wanted to be able to clear it when others could not. That's not a game design issue, that's a self-esteem issue. But whatevs...

Heh. That explains most of the posts in this sub forum, tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"thrag.9740" said:

> Without a druid, isn't your group going to have very little might?

max might can uptime can keel: rene sup, fb supp, 3-4 necro, and etc

> Or is ps warrior in the fractal meta now?

everyone have his own meta and u have aprox 20 working combinations. This more depend from skill, not prof specific class.

> @"thrag.9740" said:

> Without a druid, isn't your group going to have very little might? Or is ps warrior in the fractal meta now? I don't really keep up with fractals anymore.

Depends(?) On class/build (making use of runes etc. Eg. Its possible for Sp Fb to keep might up with Rune of the Pack) and group setup (teammates to cover what's not provided).

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > Without a druid, isn't your group going to have very little might?

> max might can uptime can keel: rene sup, fb supp, 3-4 necro, and etc

>

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > Without a druid, isn't your group going to have very little might? Or is ps warrior in the fractal meta now? I don't really keep up with fractals anymore.

>

> Depends(?) On class/build (making use of runes etc. Eg. Its possible for Sp Fb to keep might up with Rune of the Pack) and group setup (teammates to cover what's not provided).

Sorry I think I should have phrased this better. With OP filling the role of healer as a heal scrapper, isn't might going to be an issue? Obviously other classes can upkeep might. But as far as I know, don't most groups expect their healer to upkeep might? Can heal scrapper upkeep might?

I'm not overly fond of T4's, mainly because any attempt to reason why things went south (or possible easy solutions) is seen as toxic drivel and time better spent wiping again. Either that, or we start lynching the weakest link until we see improvement... regardless of our (or our friends) performance.

... did I ever tell you the definition of insanity...?

Fractal dailies are pretty hit and miss imo.

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > @"thrag.9740" said:

> >Can heal scrapper upkeep might?

> no, he can't make uptime 25 perma might. He can only help maintain to other might spammer.

> For example bs + h scrapper can make 25.

>

>

Ugh....BS doesn't upkeep any might? Are you thinking of ps?

> @"thrag.9740" said:

> > @"lare.5129" said:

> > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > >Can heal scrapper upkeep might?

> > no, he can't make uptime 25 perma might. He can only help maintain to other might spammer.

> > For example bs + h scrapper can make 25.

> >

> >

>

> Ugh....BS doesn't upkeep any might? Are you thinking of ps?

He can. Ps+ dumplings + strength runes + for great justice. Ez

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > @"lare.5129" said:

> > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > >Can heal scrapper upkeep might?

> > > no, he can't make uptime 25 perma might. He can only help maintain to other might spammer.

> > > For example bs + h scrapper can make 25.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ugh....BS doesn't upkeep any might? Are you thinking of ps?

>

> He can. Ps+ dumplings + strength runes + for great justice. Ez

He can, but how realistic is it to find a ps banner warrior in todays meta? Most bannerslaves have moved on to newer builds. I know mine has, and he has legi armor yet I don't bother keeping the ps build saved.

The point thrag was making: without might coming from the healer (usually druid), running a full PUG group might run into might issues.

Granted for normal T4 that matters little. I doubt most people would even notice besides things taking longer to die.

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> Actuaaly, ps trait is meta to help chrono and weavers/dhs or fb/ren upkeep might

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer:

How many warriors are still running might runes and sigils?

Hence why I was referencing the legi armor which could swap to the needed runes at will, yet I don't even keep them around.

I'm not saying there is no alternatives for might stacker, I'm saying the current meta does not have the warrior in charge of it.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > Actuaaly, ps trait is meta to help chrono and weavers/dhs or fb/ren upkeep might

>

> I'm sorry, I should have been clearer:

> How many warriors are still running might runes and sigils?

>

> Hence why I was referencing the legi armor which could swap to the needed runes at will, yet I don't even keep them around.

>

> I'm not saying there is no alternatives for might stacker, I'm saying the current meta does not have the warrior in charge of it.

Right now fractal meta have no dedicated mightstacker, multiple players stack some might but none perma 25.

If you have heal druid the he/she stack all the mught but then it is not meta composition

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > @"lare.5129" said:

> > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > >Can heal scrapper upkeep might?

> > > no, he can't make uptime 25 perma might. He can only help maintain to other might spammer.

> > > For example bs + h scrapper can make 25.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ugh....BS doesn't upkeep any might? Are you thinking of ps?

>

> He can. Ps+ dumplings + strength runes + for great justice. Ez

you realize we stopped calling warriors ps when they stopped running that trait right? What your describing is a ps warrior not a bs warrior.

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > Actuaaly, ps trait is meta to help chrono and weavers/dhs or fb/ren upkeep might

> >

> > I'm sorry, I should have been clearer:

> > How many warriors are still running might runes and sigils?

> >

> > Hence why I was referencing the legi armor which could swap to the needed runes at will, yet I don't even keep them around.

> >

> > I'm not saying there is no alternatives for might stacker, I'm saying the current meta does not have the warrior in charge of it.

>

> Right now fractal meta have no dedicated mightstacker, multiple players stack some might but none perma 25.

> If you have heal druid the he/she stack all the mught but then it is not meta composition

Druid stacks might in the chrono+druid setup.

Renegade stacks might in the Renebrand setup.

Those are the two primary might stackers in both setups.

> @"thrag.9740" said:

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > @"lare.5129" said:

> > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > >Can heal scrapper upkeep might?

> > > > no, he can't make uptime 25 perma might. He can only help maintain to other might spammer.

> > > > For example bs + h scrapper can make 25.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ugh....BS doesn't upkeep any might? Are you thinking of ps?

> >

> > He can. Ps+ dumplings + strength runes + for great justice. Ez

>

> you realize we stopped calling warriors ps when they stopped running that trait right? What your describing is a ps warrior not a bs warrior.

Warriors in fractals still play this trait. They just dont use might duration anymore because they dont need to stack 25 might but just a few

> Warriors in fractals still play this trait. They just dont use might duration anymore because they dont need to stack 25 might but just a few

Oh right I forgot they updated forceful greatsword to work on axe. Yes your correct, but what Sefandula described is still a ps warrior. He swapped the runes, the food, the utlity (which hopefully he realizes means he needs to swap his heal skill to the physical heal skill otherwise just drop peak performance all together for might on heal).

Sefandula is describing a completely different build from you.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > > Actuaaly, ps trait is meta to help chrono and weavers/dhs or fb/ren upkeep might

> > >

> > > I'm sorry, I should have been clearer:

> > > How many warriors are still running might runes and sigils?

> > >

> > > Hence why I was referencing the legi armor which could swap to the needed runes at will, yet I don't even keep them around.

> > >

> > > I'm not saying there is no alternatives for might stacker, I'm saying the current meta does not have the warrior in charge of it.

> >

> > Right now fractal meta have no dedicated mightstacker, multiple players stack some might but none perma 25.

> > If you have heal druid the he/she stack all the mught but then it is not meta composition

>

> Druid stacks might in the chrono+druid setup.

>

> Renegade stacks might in the Renebrand setup.

>

> Those are the two primary might stackers in both setups.

There are 2 meta setups. Chronk bs and 3 dps. All of them stack some might

And quickbrand, diviner renegade, warrior 2 dps.

Renegade can upkeep ~16 might, rest need to cover missing might

In "pug meta" druid stack might but renegade has same BD so again, rest need to stack might there too

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > > > Actuaaly, ps trait is meta to help chrono and weavers/dhs or fb/ren upkeep might

> > > >

> > > > I'm sorry, I should have been clearer:

> > > > How many warriors are still running might runes and sigils?

> > > >

> > > > Hence why I was referencing the legi armor which could swap to the needed runes at will, yet I don't even keep them around.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not saying there is no alternatives for might stacker, I'm saying the current meta does not have the warrior in charge of it.

> > >

> > > Right now fractal meta have no dedicated mightstacker, multiple players stack some might but none perma 25.

> > > If you have heal druid the he/she stack all the mught but then it is not meta composition

> >

> > Druid stacks might in the chrono+druid setup.

> >

> > Renegade stacks might in the Renebrand setup.

> >

> > Those are the two primary might stackers in both setups.

>

> There are 2 meta setups. Chronk bs and 3 dps. All of them stack some might

> And quickbrand, diviner renegade, warrior 2 dps.

> Renegade can upkeep ~16 might, rest need to cover missing might

>

> In "pug meta" druid stack might but renegade has same BD so again, rest need to stack might there too

>

So we are discussing static setups now?

Renegade can upkeep more than 16 might if need be, for all other times the Firebrand covers the remainder if necessary.

How is this in any way relevant to this discussion? Here is what is essential:

Warrior is and has not been the primary might stacker in a PUG setting ever since druid could upkeep 25 might on up to 10 people.

Literally almost every warrior you will encounter in a PUG setting will NOT cover enough might if the healer doesn't provide at the very least a substantial base amount.

If we are talking static groups, sure there is very individual setups and people will adapt their builds to what ever they feel comfortable with.