Warclaw OP?

Neftex.7594

Is this true?

"So immune to CC, 11k HP buffer on top of your own, extra dodge, no way to catch up to you if youre in your own territory, if i even catch up theres no way to dismount you except dealing 11k damage before you hop out of my range?" -

If it is, that seems pretty damn stupid addition to the game mode.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the question is why do you want to fight the opponent?

it will be harder to fight for the sake of it against an opponent that is unwilling.

however if you fight over something, like a camp, sentry, tower, keep, dolyak etc whatever then you shouldnt have trouble getting your fights.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> the question is why do you want to fight the opponent?

> it will be harder to fight for the sake of it against an opponent that is unwilling.

> however if you fight over something, like a camp, sentry, tower, keep, dolyak etc whatever then you shouldnt have trouble getting your fights.

That's crazy man, expecting them to actually play the mode.

I don't play a lot of WvW, but generally speaking when I'm attacked it's when I'm trying to cap something, or already tied up in combat. I'm not sure how major an issue it is to reduce the viability of jumping someone at random in transit.

Anyway I'm going to take the maniacal approach of waiting to see how it actually functions in practice before I start raving about it being OP.

> @"Neftex.7594" said:

> Are you guys serious? This is what you sound like - "i dont wanna fight in pvp game mode so you have to leave me alone until i decide you can have a fight". The hell is wrong with you

you dont understand. i like to fight but not for the chance on a heavy loot bag or a spike. its pretty meaningless in a game without 1 vs 1 balance to give a kitten on the outcome of such a fight. however i can defend a camp, i can take a camp while you defend it and kill you and your camp etc. then atleast i beat you within the envoirement of the mode and not just for the sake of it.

is it really pvp to you if you try to fight someone who doesnt even bother to fight you as there is no reason to do so, in a game that has no mode to care for 1 vs 1 balance?

I never saw them used in combat, nor did I even see them used while roaming, but the speed... oh man that speed. They are *much* faster than the 400 hardcap even in enemy territory and will easily outrun swiftness - at least for friendlies. Since I never engaged someone with a mount I dont know how fast they move in combat. But presumably the advantage is just as big when both of you are in combat. Those with poor ranged damage wont stand a chance at catching anyone mount.

with warclaw you can bait out enemies skills and tank damage

then dismount to finish

and if your like me without PoF

dont engage or even bother chasing it, you cant cc it or even walk or kite to it(im a warrior)

you have to play defensively, might have 2 play ranged

when enemy mount is dead, they still retain their full skill/hp

-----

if your fighting a class that has superior mobility that can on will go out of combat, they can remount and your F**kED

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> is it really pvp to you if you try to fight someone who doesnt even bother to fight you as there is no reason to do so, in a game that has no mode to care for 1 vs 1 balance?

is it good to not punish a player that doesnt fight in a pvp game mode?

i often run solo and only thing saving me from getting ganked by groups is my build mobility, now ill get chased down every time no matter what their build is

> @"Neftex.7594" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > is it really pvp to you if you try to fight someone who doesnt even bother to fight you as there is no reason to do so, in a game that has no mode to care for 1 vs 1 balance?

>

> is it good to not punish a player that doesnt fight in a pvp game mode?

>

> i often run solo and only thing saving me from getting ganked by groups is my build mobility, now ill get chased down every time no matter what their build is

so the players are able to avoid fighting you with the mount, but you cannot avoid being ganked anymore? do they have better mounts than you have?

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> so the players are able to avoid fighting you with the mount, but you cannot avoid being ganked anymore? do they have better mounts than you have?

the point is i sacrifice something for being able to do that, they sacrifice nothing.

> @"Neftex.7594" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > so the players are able to avoid fighting you with the mount, but you cannot avoid being ganked anymore? do they have better mounts than you have?

>

> the point is i sacrifice something for being able to do that, they sacrifice nothing.

you sacrifice your precious mount slot?

you can avoid being ganked like they can avoid being ganked.

your superior mobility/stealth will still help you in a fight to kite your opponent and win.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> you sacrifice your precious mount slot?

> you can avoid being ganked like they can avoid being ganked.

>

> your superior mobility/stealth will still help you in a fight to kite your opponent and win.

i sacrifice damage/utility of my build. i cant avoid being ganked on their territory can i? i cant avoid getting ganked while already in combat can i?

> @"Neftex.7594" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > yes, but whether anet should nerf them or if ppl just need to adjust to it requires more time to tell

>

> it doesnt require any more time... its CLEARLY kitten visible

so ppl have already tested how easily the warclaw can be countered with either tactics or even a couple of specialized anti-cavelry units in a zerg?

that was fast

How is it any different to what WvW already is with Mesmers and thieves?

They ambush.. they loose.. they stealth and run.. every.. single.. time.

Way I see it Warclaw will give all classes the ability to run from combat they don't want to engage in.. at least in their own territory so long as they don't engage first.

That's a good thing imo.

Still not going to stop thives and mesmers picking fights they cant win and then running away with their cheapo stealtho/teleporting mechanics.

But at least it'll give players a counter to their ambush tactics if they can get away fast enough.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> How is it any different to what WvW already is with Mesmers and thieves?

> They ambush.. they loose.. they stealth and run.. every.. single.. time.

>

> Way I see it Warclaw will give all classes the ability to run from combat they don't want to engage in.. at least in their own territory so long as they don't engage first.

> That's a good thing imo.

> Still not going to stop thives and mesmers picking fights they cant win and then running away with their cheapo stealtho/teleporting mechanics.

> But at least it'll give players a counter to their ambush tactics if they can get away fast enough.

thats a different issue, those builds have too much mobility with too much damage/defense and should be nerfed as well

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Neftex.7594" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > yes, but whether anet should nerf them or if ppl just need to adjust to it requires more time to tell

> >

> > it doesnt require any more time... its CLEARLY kitten visible

>

> so ppl have already tested how easily the warclaw can be countered with either tactics or even a couple of specialized anti-cavelry units in a zerg?

>

> that was fast

can you tell me how to counter extra speed, dodge and CC immunity, thanks

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Neftex.7594" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > yes, but whether anet should nerf them or if ppl just need to adjust to it requires more time to tell

> >

> > it doesnt require any more time... its CLEARLY kitten visible

>

> so ppl have already tested how easily the warclaw can be countered with either tactics or even a couple of specialized anti-cavelry units in a zerg?

>

> that was fast

Well Mel Gibson taught us all we need are some long tree trunks with pointed tips....