so... gyros got scrapped. (pvp)

Stand The Wall.6987

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> Before the changes, the blast gyro was completely unreliable. It couldn't handle weird aspects of terrain, and particularly struggled with stairs (for some reason). It often would explode long before it reached the target. Now it's a reliable blast localized on the player -- in other words, it's a better version of the Big ol' Bomb.

well I never used it much on an enemy on a different elevation then me so I cant comment on that. experienced premature explosions maybe once or twice.

the animation is too obvious and the cd is too high. the best thing about the old blast gyro is that you could use it at range to rupt stomps or relieve pressure on allies.

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > bulwark barrier looks cool, the damage absorb from allies does not (in wvw). purge gyro is _a lot_ weaker. purge carried scrapper hard.

>

> Purge gyro used to remove 1 condition from 1 player, not aoe as you would think, every 2s.

>

> New purge gyro removes 1 condition per second on 5 players for 5s. That is better in literally every way

It used to remove 2 condis every pulse, but those pulses happened every 3 seconds. Not to mention, since gyros were targetable and had poor health, they could be just absolutely obliterated before those 3 seconds or more were up, so at most you could get off 4 conditions cleared. with this new gyro, you're able to clear 5 indefinitely with the gyro alone, on a decent cooldown.

> @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > bulwark barrier looks cool, the damage absorb from allies does not (in wvw). purge gyro is _a lot_ weaker. purge carried scrapper hard.

> >

> > Purge gyro used to remove 1 condition from 1 player, not aoe as you would think, every 2s.

> >

> > New purge gyro removes 1 condition per second on 5 players for 5s. That is better in literally every way

>

> It used to remove 2 condis every pulse, but those pulses happened every 3 seconds. Not to mention, since gyros were targetable and had poor health, they could be just absolutely obliterated before those 3 seconds or more were up, so at most you could get off 4 conditions cleared. with this new gyro, you're able to clear 5 indefinitely with the gyro alone, on a decent cooldown.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Purge_Gyro&oldid=1793383

you're right, my bad. still worse in every way compared to the new gyro!

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > bulwark barrier looks cool, the damage absorb from allies does not (in wvw). purge gyro is _a lot_ weaker. purge carried scrapper hard.

> > >

> > > Purge gyro used to remove 1 condition from 1 player, not aoe as you would think, every 2s.

> > >

> > > New purge gyro removes 1 condition per second on 5 players for 5s. That is better in literally every way

> >

> > It used to remove 2 condis every pulse, but those pulses happened every 3 seconds. Not to mention, since gyros were targetable and had poor health, they could be just absolutely obliterated before those 3 seconds or more were up, so at most you could get off 4 conditions cleared. with this new gyro, you're able to clear 5 indefinitely with the gyro alone, on a decent cooldown.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Purge_Gyro&oldid=1793383

>

> you're right, my bad. still worse in every way compared to the new gyro!

Definitely a significant buff, I myself am very happy with these gyro changes on Scrapper.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> the heal and shredder were and still are not great. sneak is pretty cool I guess. the cleanse got gutted which is what made scrapper even barely worthwhile to try on lol. not to mention the poor blast gyro... its so bad now. I mean it wasn't great before but it was at least somewhat useable.

>

> welp.

Well the cleanse part wouldn't be that bad due to combofield synergies but the F skills still sucks.

I'm calling these a buff. Definitely.

Heal Gyro: It's now in competition with Heal Turret. It recovers the same amount (5k roughly), and while it doesn't have the blast finisher and condi cleanse it does give protection in the toolbelt skill.

Shredder Gyro: For reference, this skill is about as strong as unboosted Laser Disk. Except it has a 20 second cooldown instead of 30. This means that the gyro is now good for raw damage. Also it packs a CC in the toolbelt skill. Because of this, it has replaced Rifle Turret for my DPS slot.

Blast Gyro: I don't have much comment, since this was used primarily for its toolbelt skill in PVP. It still works that way, but now the gryo itself grants might and has a strong knockback. That's a big step up from being utterly useless.

Bulwark Gyro: This one is a mixed bag. The amount of barrier it grants is massive (8.6k), making it effectively a second heal button. In PVP and PVE this bonus is pretty large. However, now that the scrapper has to _take_ the damage... makes the gyro less useful in zergs, whether they be WvW or Overworld. There are some enemies that can slam for 20k+ damage in a single hit in AoE, so if you split that with 5 other players and they all get creamed you can take upwards of 50k damage from using this skill. It is not ideal in any sense.

Purge Gyro: It always had a niche use, but at least now it is consistent. Before it was terrible at the one thing it did, and now it is good at the one thing it did.

Sneak Gyro: It's no longer janky and inconsistent. While the flat duration is shorter, being a smoke field means that you can now leap and blast through it to get more invisibility.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > Before the changes, the blast gyro was completely unreliable. It couldn't handle weird aspects of terrain, and particularly struggled with stairs (for some reason). It often would explode long before it reached the target. Now it's a reliable blast localized on the player -- in other words, it's a better version of the Big ol' Bomb.

>

> well I never used it much on an enemy on a different elevation then me so I cant comment on that. experienced premature explosions maybe once or twice.

>

> the animation is too obvious and the cd is too high. the best thing about the old blast gyro is that you could use it at range to rupt stomps or relieve pressure on allies.

What i noticed is the duration until the Explosion of the Blast gyro has roughly the same duration as your hammer #3 leap.

For Example you can pop the Blast gyro and then use Hammer #3, the moment the last leap hits the gyro will explode where you are (in the enemies face because you just jumped into them) which provides a nice burst or pressure relieve on a allied downstate or something.

"Is this a viable option though?" Dont ask me, i just noticed it is there, i need to test this a few more times.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> I'm calling these a buff. Definitely.

>

> Heal Gyro: It's now in competition with Heal Turret. It recovers the same amount (5k roughly), and while it doesn't have the blast finisher and condi cleanse it does give protection in the toolbelt skill.

>

> Shredder Gyro: For reference, this skill is about as strong as unboosted Laser Disk. Except it has a 20 second cooldown instead of 30. This means that the gyro is now good for raw damage. Also it packs a CC in the toolbelt skill. Because of this, it has replaced Rifle Turret for my DPS slot.

>

> Blast Gyro: I don't have much comment, since this was used primarily for its toolbelt skill in PVP. It still works that way, but now the gryo itself grants might and has a strong knockback. That's a big step up from being utterly useless.

>

> Bulwark Gyro: This one is a mixed bag. The amount of barrier it grants is massive (8.6k), making it effectively a second heal button. In PVP and PVE this bonus is pretty large. However, now that the scrapper has to _take_ the damage... makes the gyro less useful in zergs, whether they be WvW or Overworld. There are some enemies that can slam for 20k+ damage in a single hit in AoE, so if you split that with 5 other players and they all get creamed you can take upwards of 50k damage from using this skill. It is not ideal in any sense.

>

> Purge Gyro: It always had a niche use, but at least now it is consistent. Before it was terrible at the one thing it did, and now it is good at the one thing it did.

>

> Sneak Gyro: It's no longer janky and inconsistent. While the flat duration is shorter, being a smoke field means that you can now leap and blast through it to get more invisibility.

yeah I agree with these now that im not belligerent anymore, except blast gyro is pretty lame now.