I have never been so disgusted in the GW2 community before!

Thanks for the bags yesterday! :D

but after about an hour and a half the pve players got their mount and left. thanks anet for the new content that lasted a whole 1hr30mins. my wvw guild had some real fun.

**every community in this game** has toxicity- pvp is indeed the worst. pve has a high amount of players that report you for anything esp if you dont follow a meta event to a t, wvw has lots of trolls in its own. but just ignore them.

pve players tend not to want to join comms out of fear? think they know best? think they have to turn music off? Not really sure. But if you can at least hear the commander- (because you're not required to speak, just listen)-and other callouts, you might make use of yourself and not become a snack. because tagless guild groups don't want useless players in their squad, because why? 1) they don't want to join comms. (2)or run a meta appropriate build and (3)they want to be carried.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Xenon.4537" said:

> This is why the wvw game mode is "dead" or dying. The hardcore wvw players make "taggless" squads, or invite-only because they don't want "rally bots" following them. This attitude has been around since 2012. I was in a dedicated wvw guild back then. I remember how those people felt about "fairweathers" and pve players. They look down on you with disdain and contempt. It's an "us vs them" mentality and over the years it just alienates people. It's like walking into a biker bar when you aren't a member of the local biker gang.

>

> The game mode would be in a much healthier state today if people were less standoffish about builds and gear. Maybe point people to resources or just give them advice instead of treating them like a disease to keep out of your precious squad. I mean for crying out loud its Stonemist, not Dhuum CM. Who cares if a few randos follow you.

The biker analogy is very apt.

This week is a lot like the local dive biker bar suddenly got famous for it's wings. A million yuppies have descended on the place and half of them have "I want to speak to your manager" hair.

Most WvW players will be gruff, blunt and more honest than pve players are used to. But you know what bikers react well to? Respect. You walk into a biker bar, honor the culture and don't act like a entitled jerk and you'll be fine. Do otherwise and you will be treated roughly. As you should.

> @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

>it really does just boil down to frustration that Anet have made it that WvW can only really run 3 or 4 classes and only maybe 1 build for them classes and everything else is just useless in open field combat.

>

Nah, it boils down to players thinking that what you just said is accurate.

There are 27 specializations in GW2, including Core, of which I'd argue that 20 of them are perfectly viable in WvW, depending on the role you're trying to fill, be it scouting, roaming, havoc or zerging.

I guess for most the new WvW players its going to be a special time for them and one they'll remember for many years to come.

Its bound to be confusing for most them - a new world, a new culture, and lots of people trying to kill them.

Many of them won't have a clue about PvP.

About reading the wiki. Most the people I know, including myself, never read the manual, we just plug something in and hope to figure it out.

Not much point saying RTFM.

My first day in WvW(years ago) was a truly confusing time. My brother said just use the menu at the top of screen, select EBG and go there.

When I arrived our garri was under attack from all sides and I just ran around like a headless chicken. Didn't dare touch the seige in case someone told me to get the *** off their property. Anyhow, that was a wonderful time, not one toxic word in the chat, and I learnt a lot. Once the WvW bug bit, then I started to read the wiki.

Last night I couldn't get in to WvW either, large queues, but thats fine for me because it seems that Anet's hard work has given WvW a boost :)

By the way, why insult people, if you are fed up, just fume quietly or go and try to improve your character(pun intended).

Also, many of the WvW newbies won't be adults, so they can take insults quite badly :(

> @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> Nothing new. this happens everytime i'm playing WvW and thats only to get the Gift of Battle.

> You get kicked out of groups if you dont join Teamspeak "Because WvW is so a fast and dynamic it only can be played with Teamspeak" yeah lol sure.

>

> because of the queue i played Mists. You can get a lot of things from Warclaw in the Mists. This morning i joined WvW bought 2 vendor items and claimed a supply camp with two other players. Tonight i will finish the rest again in the Mists.

My dude, why are you angry about it? It is not your group, it is their group. You are not entitled to join it, so why are you so angry over being sent out of it? You can play the game mode without demanding access to their group and then you do not have to worry about their wishes. You'll be your own man.

The person leading that group is another player, s/he is not an NPC there only for your leisure or at your behest. Asking you to come talk to them if you wish to play with them is not a demanding or unreasonable expectation. Expecting less is toxic snowflake behaviour. It says more about you than them.

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> I'm not experiencing that on Fort Aspenwood. Many of the longtime players are very helpful, posting tips for unlocking the cat in team chat, tips to avoid the helmet bug and answering any questions they can.

>

> _#JoinFortAspenwoodToday_

> _#TheQueueIsOnlyTwoHours_

Yep, same here. Fun fights out there btw. :D Plenty of new people asking for help and getting it when I've been on. Sorry OP had to experience the more toxic side of the game.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> I'm seeing people demand that, 'If you already have the mount you should leave wvw and let other people have their turn'

> And then people wonder why the toxicity.....

>

Not that I have anything against the PvE crowd, since I am kind of split equally between PvE and WvW...but I saw a good number of self-proclaimed PvE-ers sitting at the borderlands spawn point just prancing around gloating to other people that they have their mounts. When they weren't doing that, they were idling there either AFK or twiddling their thumbs. Those are slots that other PvE-ers or WvW-ers could be using to get their own mounts... So yeah.

To be fair, if you don't play a ton of WvW may not realize there are a few people on almost every server whose endgame content is to troll team chat every night. Veteran WvWers know who most of these people are and either have them blocked or know the names / know not to engage. This influx of new players who don't know who they are is a massive surge of new "content" for them.

> @"Skro.2691" said:

> To be fair, if you don't play a ton of WvW may not realize there are a few people on almost every server whose endgame content is to troll team chat every night. Veteran WvWers know who most of these people are and either have them blocked or know the names / know not to engage. This influx of new players who don't know who they are is a massive surge of new "content" for them.

I kind of miss Monkey. He was annoying, but sometimes amusing. And at least he was sometimes helpful/useful...whereas some of the other trolls...

What most people forget, is at one point everyone who plays WvW today was a pleb, and started out as poorly as everyone else until you got to learn the ropes. There are those who continue to bemoan all these PvE players coming in and getting the mount which to be honest is new blood and good for WvW. Lets not forget that in the end it can be better for the game but not if every experience they have trying to get the mount and learn is hate filled and laced with vitriol. You want WvW to be better and have more players daily then stop the hate and help people out instead. If you expect Anet to continue to add content to make it better it will only happen if there are more players interested in this part of the game and it is worthwhile for them to put the resources into it. So in the end if all you long for is things to go back to normal and all these new players leave then don't come to the boards crying anymore about the WvW part of the game being ignored by the devs because you'll have created the issue yourselves.

> @"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:

> What most people forget, is at one point everyone who plays WvW today was a pleb, and started out as poorly as everyone else until you got to learn the ropes. There are those who continue to bemoan all these PvE players coming in and getting the mount which to be honest is new blood and good for WvW. Lets not forget that in the end it can be better for the game but not if every experience they have trying to get the mount and learn is hate filled and laced with vitriol. You want WvW to be better and have more players daily then stop the hate and help people out instead. If you expect Anet to continue to add content to make it better it will only happen if there are more players interested in this part of the game and it is worthwhile for them to put the resources into it. So in the end if all you long for is things to go back to normal and all these new players leave then don't come to the boards crying anymore about the WvW part of the game being ignored by the devs because you'll have created the issue yourselves.

'Im trying

Im also trying to play

Took some under my Wings allready

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Xenon.4537" said:

> Why do commanders not want these people following them? Because they are new or PvE? Absolutely not.

>

> They don't want them following them because:

> - they don't get on comms

> - they don't follow commander's instructions on comms

> - they don't run meta appropriate builds

>

And besides the comms part, this really applies to any part of the game outside of open world. People that join a fractal with 1/2 the needed agony resist. People that join a lfg without reading. Or people that range from max range in any content. They don't contribute and in fact hurt their team mates. They get angry when pointed out they're not actually doing anything.

They're basically just leeching and meta is irrelevant. These players are not perma-bad due to a lot of skill or experience, but rather they insist on playing a different version of the game from everyone else and try to force others to accept it. If zerging is so easy and skilless (and it sorta is), why does a squad invite even matter? Nobody can kick you....

Incidentally, this is why some new players can become proficient and accepted quickly in any game mode faster than some "veterans" that isn't the most elitist. It is actually the older players that have become complacent, and refuse to learn/get rid of bad habits because they have had no need to because they get carried constantly. Of course, they display this kind of attitude when people can't/won't carry them. These toxic casuals want to be treated like an elite, but don't want to put any of the effort in.

I mean, outside of WvW, I understand I am pretty bad in some areas and do in fact, get carried. But at least I try to resolve that at times. It should make you feel bad, not vindicate you. I certainly don't go into t4 fractals and be like "I only play WvW bro. Why are you so toxic? I'm only here because I am forced to play here to get infused rings. I don't need agony resist!"

Unlike many complaints here about "toxicity". Granted, what happened in the OP was unacceptable, but referring to the general topic.

It's an unfortunate part of the game's design that you don't really have to learn most of the game. The game doesn't teach well either, though.

Quality control as well as a lot of players who do not know wvw but came to get their mount do not consider how their death means ressing one of the enemy. As well as siege mastery when they are sitting on siege, and wvw guild groups trying to get their guild all together on the same map.

Now being I am not in a guild group I do believe they should take priority and have a system in place to be able to move maps and players accordingly. Then having people who like doing roles outside of the fight group can be delegated in a more coordinated way. As well as being nice to pug groups and using them as bait to beat down the bad people when they think they are going to win a fight.

As well I don't want pve players ruining my dreams of a tree mastery where I can disguise myself as a tree for hours without my identity being discovered.

wanna join wvw?

play builds given by your server.

follow commander

much more you dont really have to do.

ah since many PvE people joined do not freaking use TEAMCHAT just use /mapchat

teamchat in general is used to call out help from other BL's not for non sense bullcrap spam.

I strictly play WvW and I found that the majority of the toxicity was from names I didn't recognize, i.e. newcomers for the mounts or maybe returning WvW'ers I'm not familiar with. Frankly I'm all for more players and helping them learn, however, if it comes at the expense of silly long ques ANet is going to have to work something out.

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> I strictly play WvW and I found that the majority of the toxicity was from names I didn't recognize, i.e. newcomers for the mounts or maybe returning WvW'ers I'm not familiar with. Frankly I'm all for more players and helping them learn, however, if it comes at the expense of silly long ques ANet is going to have to work something out.

Those that can't play the game tend to play on the keyboard instead. That is why game forums can get so toxic at times too. Most of these are probably washed up players that were once mediocre but can't do anything anymore because they are stuck in their ways. So they pop up when new stuff happens, and are really just here to vindicate themselves.

> @"CosmicKittenTora.6015" said:

> I decide to go into WvW to try and get the newest mount for myself, and I am having a surprisingly good time. However, the WvW community is extremely toxic, there are so many new players either actually trying out WvW or having PvE players come in for the mount, and when they ask for help, the WvW community is so rude towards them and it's disgusting.

>

> To me, Anet introduced the mount so that people would have a reason to try out WvW, and that is what I am doing, I am actually going to be in WvW more often.

> These WvW players are chasing potential new players to either hate WvW or hate the entire game.

>

> I am always afraid to ask for help in any mode now because I am afraid of getting attacked for not knowing something, these people don't realize that they also at one point knew nothing about these things, and now verbally attacking new players and calling them idiots.

>

> I know there is no way to change these things about the people, I just wanted to express my major concern about one of the games biggest communities.

>

> WvW is really fun and I do not want people to get chased away, I am going to be doing WvW more often but going to just avoid talking to the people in there.

i'm sorry that u had this experience. But, what i see 90% of the time from new players is people that dont listen or dont want to even try to improve.

First thing that i do to new players (u can clearly see them from wvw rank) is whisper them, suggesting some builds to play if they want to join the squad or helping them in movements/skills rotation.

What i get as answer is: "My build is good and you are a toxic elitist." and after that i get blocked instantly.

Should i accept a player like that? Sorry but no.

People like them ruined wvw during the years and made quality drop a lot and good commanders leave wvw.

This is why i started the website Ezbuilds 2y ago and why i try to help players to improve and have a better experience in wvw.

From 90% of the "new" players i completely lost hope. The only thing we can do is make them leave to another server so we can farm them. If only new players would start to listen to the "toxic elitist", join discord/ts and listen to commanders, everything will be better for everyone.

Btw ASK QUESTIONS, ask to anyone, to commanders, ask as soon as possible (ofc not during fights maybe). U will always find some answer in whisper.

PS: pls pls pls do not join wvw as rangers or thief these days. is not worth. u will never be able to join squad OR if u actually join a squad and they let u stay inside, u will understand that the squad is shit and the commander will be farmed 24/7. Cause i'm sorry to say that, but rangers and thief are not good class for wvw blob fights.

> @"Xenon.4537" said:

> This is why the wvw game mode is "dead" or dying. The hardcore wvw players make "taggless" squads, or invite-only because they don't want "rally bots" following them. This attitude has been around since 2012. I was in a dedicated wvw guild back then. I remember how those people felt about "fairweathers" and pve players. They look down on you with disdain and contempt. It's an "us vs them" mentality and over the years it just alienates people. It's like walking into a biker bar when you aren't a member of the local biker gang.

>

> The game mode would be in a much healthier state today if people were less standoffish about builds and gear. Maybe point people to resources or just give them advice instead of treating them like a disease to keep out of your precious squad. I mean for crying out loud its Stonemist, not Dhuum CM. Who cares if a few randos follow you.

so it's alright to be exclusive in Dhuum CM? but not alright in WvW? i highly doubt you let randos into your Dhuum CM group with bad builds or classes not optimal to your raid. what gives your PVE raid more entitlement to be exclusive than a guild in WvW? there's elitists in pve just as there are in WvW...

> @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > @"Xenon.4537" said:

> > This is why the wvw game mode is "dead" or dying. The hardcore wvw players make "taggless" squads, or invite-only because they don't want "rally bots" following them. This attitude has been around since 2012. I was in a dedicated wvw guild back then. I remember how those people felt about "fairweathers" and pve players. They look down on you with disdain and contempt. It's an "us vs them" mentality and over the years it just alienates people. It's like walking into a biker bar when you aren't a member of the local biker gang.

> >

> > The game mode would be in a much healthier state today if people were less standoffish about builds and gear. Maybe point people to resources or just give them advice instead of treating them like a disease to keep out of your precious squad. I mean for crying out loud its Stonemist, not Dhuum CM. Who cares if a few randos follow you.

>

> so it's alright to be exclusive in Dhuum CM? but not alright in WvW? i highly doubt you let randos into your Dhuum CM group with bad builds or classes not optimal to your raid. what gives your PVE raid more entitlement to be exclusive than a guild in WvW? there's elitists in pve just as there are in WvW...

Xenon is going to carry me through Dhuum CM. I'm bringing my nomad healing thief. Wish me luck!

> @"tom.4051" said:

> PvE players have been pandered to since day 1.

> WvW players have been ignored and neglected since day 1.

> So what do you expect to happen when entitled PvE players are preventing WvW players from playing the only game mode they play in this game!

PvE is the only reason this game is still alive and making money.

WvW players get ignored because their favorite game mode is by all reasoning.. a failure, a waste of Anets time and resources to support because only a minority actually play it regularly.

You want WvW to get more attention from Anet then you need WvW to get more popular.. and that's never going to happen unless the majority PvE playerbase start playing WvW.

That's the sad reality of WvW.. either the game mode remains underpopulated and a waste of Anet's time to support.. or it becomes populated and you have to deal with queues.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"tom.4051" said:

> > PvE players have been pandered to since day 1.

> > WvW players have been ignored and neglected since day 1.

> > So what do you expect to happen when entitled PvE players are preventing WvW players from playing the only game mode they play in this game!

>

> PvE is the only reason this game is still alive and making money.

> WvW players get ignored because their favorite game mode is by all reasoning.. a failure, a waste of Anets time and resources to support because only a minority actually play it regularly.

> You want WvW to get more attention from Anet then you need WvW to get more popular.. and that's never going to happen unless the majority PvE playerbase start playing WvW.

> That's the sad reality of WvW.. either the game mode remains underpopulated and a waste of Anet's time to support.. or it becomes populated and you have to deal with queues.

Meh, WvW is in the state it is directly because of his 2nd line, lol. It was not dead from the get go...