THANK YOU for the change to Blood Rubies!

Seriously, getting about 50 per day is a godsend. Also kind of wish Bloodstone Fen had renowned hearts with purchasable Blood Ruby Bundles like the other maps have for their currency, but this is still LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than before. Probably the best QoL change of this entire patch. Just wanted to say thanks for this. It renewed my interest in seeking out these trinkets again!

> @"BrazenNL.9857" said:

> > @"Kanok.3027" said:

> > Also kind of wish Bloodstone Fen had renowned hearts with purchasable Blood Ruby Bundles like the other maps have for their currency, [...]

>

> This I really don't understand. Why the inconsistency?

>

>

Hearts weren’t introduced until ember bay. Prob felt it wasn’t worth the time to go back and add hearts to such a small map which didn’t really make sense to have them.

I kinda agree with them

Wow, I couldn't. One node after another, bloodstone dust no rubies. I'd get a couple from daily chests, some from that boss in the circle, and MAYBE 2-3 total from all nodes. It got to where it was just better time spent to farm someone's home instance and let them accumulate that way.

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> Wow, I couldn't. One node after another, bloodstone dust no rubies. I'd get a couple from daily chests, some from that boss in the circle, and MAYBE 2-3 total from all nodes. It got to where it was just better time spent to farm someone's home instance and let them accumulate that way.

Well, I'm talking about if I stick around long enough to exploit every node and do all the missions/events that give them. I also use the buff that increases your chance for rare drops while mining. Normally I only do a couple of dailies and a few nodes, so I probably usually get half a dozen (but only spend 10 minutes doing it). But was something actually changed? I've been the past couple of days and noticed no difference.

I used to get a maximum of about 30 per day doing all the things you mentioned, but honestly, I got about 53 while just being basic (aside from bounty glyphs which sometimes don't help much and I only gather more dust). Still, what took me by surprise was getting 2 from a final third strike. 1, then 1, then 1 & 1 on the third strike (normal strikes and not a forth due to bounty glyph). It was nice to see that.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Hearts weren’t introduced until ember bay. Prob felt it wasn’t worth the time to go back and add hearts to such a small map which didn’t really make sense to have them.

>

> I kinda agree with them

Ah, thanks for the explanation and I agree. Must've been the time I took one of my famous breaks.

I was never one to do the events, just a few of the dailies so on average I'd mine all the nodes I could find and get anywhere from 4-10 ish rubies and call it a day. Did my first run in ages got 29 rubies from mining (not including dailies). This change is a welcome one.

How the heck are people getting 50 rubies lol? Is that from mining + dailies + events?

> @"Zephyra.4709" said:

> I was never one to do the events, just a few of the dailies so on average I'd mine all the nodes I could find and get anywhere from 4-10 ish rubies and call it a day. Did my first run in ages got 29 rubies from mining (not including dailies). This change is a welcome one.

>

> How the heck are people getting 50 rubies lol? Is that from mining + dailies + events?

Try going there on another character, I believe mining cap of 30 per acc was rised to 50

I was quite surprised by this change since bloodstone fen has the easiest daily rewards of all the living story areas. It is even on my daily farming rotation since for minimal effort you get 3k karma per day which is nice.

For those that don't know, if you just go to the area, glide and press random buttoms you get 1.5k karma, 1 ruby and some free xp. If you extend your time investment with an additional 30s you can glide into magic and get an additional 1.5k karma and 1 ruby + some minor magic and xp. There is almost always also a banner at the ship, at least on NA servers. Who or whom pops those every single patch I do not know but they are always there within a day or so after patch.

I tried again last night and it seems you are right - I was getting an average of one ruby per node, where before it was probably 1 in 3. I'm guessing they made the change because of the recent addition of a stat conversion option that I think charges 200 rubies.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> I tried again last night and it seems you are right - I was getting an average of one ruby per node, where before it was probably 1 in 3. I'm guessing they made the change because of the recent addition of a stat conversion option that I think charges 200 rubies.

The stat reset has been there from the beginning and doesn't cost any rubies, only Unbound Magic...

> @"BrazenNL.9857" said:

> > @"Kanok.3027" said:

> > Also kind of wish Bloodstone Fen had renowned hearts with purchasable Blood Ruby Bundles like the other maps have for their currency, [...]

>

> This I really don't understand. Why the inconsistency?

>

>

I think part of the reason why they were more rare is because the trinkets you buy with them are basically legendary jewelry in which you can infinitely reset their stats. No other LWS3 trinkets can do this.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > I tried again last night and it seems you are right - I was getting an average of one ruby per node, where before it was probably 1 in 3. I'm guessing they made the change because of the recent addition of a stat conversion option that I think charges 200 rubies.

>

> The stat reset has been there from the beginning and doesn't cost any rubies, only Unbound Magic...

Ah - well then I'm not sure why, but I don't mind it.