Warclaw destroyed my class

Zakuchi.8120

Anet's ambitious strategy of trying to bring new players to WvW had little effect, the new comers was gone as fast as they came. All the warclaw did is now give EVERY class mobility and destroyed the reason to play high mobility classes. A bit disappointed im not going to lie...

I would really like to hear back from any of the devs about what they think, i mean im all for trying to bring in new players but did they consider the mobility part of this?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Since you dont want to say outright what class you mean I assume it was a fully gank specced thief. We all cry for your loss, for sure.

i play many classes but im speaking in general terms why i dislike giving ALL classes mobility. it defeats the purpose of choosing to play a certain class.

The mobility isn't the main issue though, it's the fact that if you play for example Warrior, unless you're running Zerker Rifle, you have no range to even slow the Mount down, let alone kill it or engage the player that's on it unless they decide they actually want to fight you...

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> The mobility isn't the main issue though, it's the fact that if you play for example Warrior, unless you're running Zerker Rifle, you have no range to even slow the Mount down, let alone kill it or engage the player that's on it unless they decide they actually want to fight you...

"it's the fact that if you play for example Soldier, unless you're running RPG, you have no way to slow the tank down". people crying about their cheese one hit kill tactics nullified by a mount. this is better than the mount itself lol

Yeah, I agree with the majority of posters here. Those cheesy high mobility builds are what killed roaming. Let's be real here, with how important mobility is in roaming you are giving up almost nothing for it. And yet, you still get to keep the highest advantage of that insane mobility, the ability to disengage while in combat. Out of combat mobility is secondary to disengage potential in importance. Though I can see how disengaging will be not be as OP as it used to be, because your opponent can then mount up and go towards the opposite direction. You can't use disengage to try to gank the same person over and over again until you win, how terrible!

> @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > The mobility isn't the main issue though, it's the fact that if you play for example Warrior, unless you're running Zerker Rifle, you have no range to even slow the Mount down, let alone kill it or engage the player that's on it unless they decide they actually want to fight you...

>

> "it's the fact that if you play for example Soldier, unless you're running RPG, you have no way to slow the tank down". people crying about their cheese one hit kill tactics nullified by a mount. this is better than the mount itself lol

How many cheese 1-shot Warrior's have you run into? Unless you're a squishy light armour class running full berserker with 12k hp, there's only 1 thing that'll 'one-shot' you and that's Killshot/Gunflame which are both easy to see coming. Also don't anyone reply with the response of 'stun-locking' because all classes have a stun breaker and should run at least 1 no matter what you're doing in WvW. (Roaming/zerging/blobbing).

> "Help, I can't gank people who are not interested in nor have a build for 1on1 fighting". That's what you sound like. Sad.

"haha now I can peacefully kill tower lords without engaging in a fight just like I can in PvE" is what you sound like.

I mean, who goes to WvW to fight players right? screw those dirty players for not getting on the tag and unleashing hell on to those really difficult tower lords. Those tower lords NEED the map queue to be defeated, there's just no other way to take one down.../s

Id say go to PvE but even PvE mobs put up more of a fight than tower lords.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > "Help, I can't gank people who are not interested in nor have a build for 1on1 fighting". That's what you sound like. Sad.

>

> "haha now I can peacefully kill tower lords without engaging in a fight just like I can in PvE" is what you sound like.

>

> I mean, who goes to WvW to fight players right? screw those dirty players for not getting on the tag and unleashing hell on to those really difficult tower lords. Those tower lords NEED the map queue to be defeated, there's just no other way to take one down.../s

>

> Id say go to PvE but even PvE mobs put up more of a fight than tower lords.

glad you said it, i couldnt find the right words

> > "Help, I can't gank people who are not interested in nor have a build for 1on1 fighting". That's what you sound like. Sad.

>

> "haha now I can peacefully kill tower lords without engaging in a fight just like I can in PvE" is what you sound like.

>

> I mean, who goes to WvW to fight players right? screw those dirty players for not getting on the tag and unleashing hell on to those really difficult tower lords. Those tower lords NEED the map queue to be defeated, there's just no other way to take one down.../s

>

> Id say go to PvE but even PvE mobs put up more of a fight than tower lords.

"Fighting" yeah, that's the things. WvW is really an objective based game mode. Fights do contribute to those objectives - if they are meaningful. A zerg stopping another one from capturing a point? Contributing :+1: . A thief camping a choke point and one-shotting that lonely scourge which is trying to limp back to the zerg? Not that contributing. :-1:

There's valid cases for roaming: Flipping camps and towers :+1: . Then there are invalid cases: cheese camping choke points :-1: . Those "roamers" just don't contribute anything to the game. One less scourge in the zerg won't decide the battle. All that ganking does is frustrate a player who might just get fed up enough to quit the game.

But luckily that's over now. :+1: <3 Warclaw <3

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > > "Help, I can't gank people who are not interested in nor have a build for 1on1 fighting". That's what you sound like. Sad.

> >

> > "haha now I can peacefully kill tower lords without engaging in a fight just like I can in PvE" is what you sound like.

> >

> > I mean, who goes to WvW to fight players right? screw those dirty players for not getting on the tag and unleashing hell on to those really difficult tower lords. Those tower lords NEED the map queue to be defeated, there's just no other way to take one down.../s

> >

> > Id say go to PvE but even PvE mobs put up more of a fight than tower lords.

>

> "Fighting" yeah, that's the things. WvW is really an objective based game mode. Fights do contribute to those objectives - if they are meaningful. A zerg stopping another one from capturing a point? Contributing :+1: . A thief camping a choke point and one-shotting that lonely scourge which is trying to limp back to the zerg? Not that contributing. :-1:

>

> There's valid cases for roaming: Flipping camps and towers :+1: . Then there are invalid cases: cheese camping choke points :-1: . Those "roamers" just don't contribute anything to the game. One less scourge in the zerg won't decide the battle. All that ganking does is frustrate a player who might just get fed up enough to quit the game.

>

> But luckily that's over now. :+1: <3 Warclaw <3

Those roamers contribute more than you think..

Being apart of the zerg is just another disposable body bag that will get replaced by who ever is in map queue.

Smashing on gates and tower lords is as easy as the game gets, theres no need to belittle others because they can achieve so much more than what you can. :heart:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > > > "Help, I can't gank people who are not interested in nor have a build for 1on1 fighting". That's what you sound like. Sad.

> > >

> > > "haha now I can peacefully kill tower lords without engaging in a fight just like I can in PvE" is what you sound like.

> > >

> > > I mean, who goes to WvW to fight players right? screw those dirty players for not getting on the tag and unleashing hell on to those really difficult tower lords. Those tower lords NEED the map queue to be defeated, there's just no other way to take one down.../s

> > >

> > > Id say go to PvE but even PvE mobs put up more of a fight than tower lords.

> >

> > "Fighting" yeah, that's the things. WvW is really an objective based game mode. Fights do contribute to those objectives - if they are meaningful. A zerg stopping another one from capturing a point? Contributing :+1: . A thief camping a choke point and one-shotting that lonely scourge which is trying to limp back to the zerg? Not that contributing. :-1:

> >

> > There's valid cases for roaming: Flipping camps and towers :+1: . Then there are invalid cases: cheese camping choke points :-1: . Those "roamers" just don't contribute anything to the game. One less scourge in the zerg won't decide the battle. All that ganking does is frustrate a player who might just get fed up enough to quit the game.

> >

> > But luckily that's over now. :+1: <3 Warclaw <3

>

> Those roamers contribute more than you think..

>

I think you forgot to add an argument there because I still don't think they contribute anything but being an annoyance.

> Being apart of the zerg is just another disposable body bag that will get replaced by who ever is in map queue.

> Smashing on gates and tower lords is as easy as the game gets, theres no need to belittle others because they can achieve so much more than what you can. :heart:

I really believe that you believe this. But the fact is: those "body bags" capture points and contribute to the war score. No amount of emotional screeching is going to change this fact. So if you're really interested in a proper discussion you should lay out why "roamers" are contributing "more than I think". Name-calling people who play for the objectives is not really an argument though. :astonished:

> > > > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> >

> > Those roamers contribute more than you think..

> >

> I think you forgot to add an argument there because I still don't think they contribute anything but being an annoyance.

>

>

Next time please try to zerg properly and organized without your scouts and back-cappers and tower taggers and scout killers, portallers...etc Please do it. If the outcome is better, I will not bother with scouting, capping camps, tagging towers etc and lose easily gained xp & loot that i might get in a zerg.

> @"alain.1659" said:

>

> > > > > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

>

> > >

> > > Those roamers contribute more than you think..

> > >

> > I think you forgot to add an argument there because I still don't think they contribute anything but being an annoyance.

> >

>

> >

>

> Next time please try to zerg properly and organized without your scouts and back-cappers and tower taggers and scout killers, portallers...etc Please do it. If the outcome is better, I will not bother with scouting, capping camps, tagging towers etc and lose easily gained xp & loot that i might get in a zerg.

>

>

Mounts make all those things easier and less frustrating. Thanks for backing me up. :+1:

> > @"alain.1659" said:

> >

> > > > > > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> >

> > > >

> > > > Those roamers contribute more than you think..

> > > >

> > > I think you forgot to add an argument there because I still don't think they contribute anything but being an annoyance.

> > >

> >

> > >

> >

> > Next time please try to zerg properly and organized without your scouts and back-cappers and tower taggers and scout killers, portallers...etc Please do it. If the outcome is better, I will not bother with scouting, capping camps, tagging towers etc and lose easily gained xp & loot that i might get in a zerg.

> >

> >

>

> Mounts make all those things easier and less frustrating. Thanks for backing me up. :+1:

Lol, check the speed of the mounts in enemy/allied territory, or better, play it for a month as a scout and a roamer, and then we can talk. As I said, if what you told is proven true, I will not bother with scouting (as many of us without PoF will not actually).

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > > > > "Help, I can't gank people who are not interested in nor have a build for 1on1 fighting". That's what you sound like. Sad.

> > > >

> > > > "haha now I can peacefully kill tower lords without engaging in a fight just like I can in PvE" is what you sound like.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, who goes to WvW to fight players right? screw those dirty players for not getting on the tag and unleashing hell on to those really difficult tower lords. Those tower lords NEED the map queue to be defeated, there's just no other way to take one down.../s

> > > >

> > > > Id say go to PvE but even PvE mobs put up more of a fight than tower lords.

> > >

> > > "Fighting" yeah, that's the things. WvW is really an objective based game mode. Fights do contribute to those objectives - if they are meaningful. A zerg stopping another one from capturing a point? Contributing :+1: . A thief camping a choke point and one-shotting that lonely scourge which is trying to limp back to the zerg? Not that contributing. :-1:

> > >

> > > There's valid cases for roaming: Flipping camps and towers :+1: . Then there are invalid cases: cheese camping choke points :-1: . Those "roamers" just don't contribute anything to the game. One less scourge in the zerg won't decide the battle. All that ganking does is frustrate a player who might just get fed up enough to quit the game.

> > >

> > > But luckily that's over now. :+1: <3 Warclaw <3

> >

> > Those roamers contribute more than you think..

> >

> I think you forgot to add an argument there because I still don't think they contribute anything but being an annoyance.

>

> > Being apart of the zerg is just another disposable body bag that will get replaced by who ever is in map queue.

> > Smashing on gates and tower lords is as easy as the game gets, theres no need to belittle others because they can achieve so much more than what you can. :heart:

>

> I really believe that you believe this. But the fact is: those "body bags" capture points and contribute to the war score. No amount of emotional screeching is going to change this fact. So if you're really interested in a proper discussion you should lay out why "roamers" are contributing "more than I think". Name-calling people who play for the objectives is not really an argument though. :astonished:

>

"emotional screeching" and "name calling"?

I spoke to you like you spoke us, if you didn't like it and chose to be defensive then I suggest speaking to others how you wish to be spoken too rather than the "emotional screeching" because I had no idea thats what you were doing.

As for roaming contributions, well thats something you learn over time..

1 player can make a zerg lose formation, thats an opening for another zerg to exploit... Thats one example directly related to your comment about useless roamers picking off a scourge, and quite frankly I'm surprised it needed to be explained.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> > > @"alain.1659" said:

> > >

> > > > > > > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Those roamers contribute more than you think..

> > > > >

> > > > I think you forgot to add an argument there because I still don't think they contribute anything but being an annoyance.

> > > >

> > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Next time please try to zerg properly and organized without your scouts and back-cappers and tower taggers and scout killers, portallers...etc Please do it. If the outcome is better, I will not bother with scouting, capping camps, tagging towers etc and lose easily gained xp & loot that i might get in a zerg.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Mounts make all those things easier and less frustrating. Thanks for backing me up. :+1:

>

> Lol, check the speed of the mounts in enemy/allied territory, or better, play it for a month as a scout and a roamer, and then we can talk.

Still faster than before? What's the argument here? That the enemy has faster mounts on his turf? That might be an issue if you needed to physically deliver the intel back to the commander. But that's not an issue if you're both on voice. I honestly have no idea what you're saying.

> As I said, if what you told is proven true, I will not bother with scouting (as many of us without PoF will not actually).

:scream: