PoF Maps: Bounties and...?

I was trying to get the hero points to make my newly ranked-up necro into a scourge, and it was nice to be able to zip around the maps hitting the mostly-solo-able HP points for ten a pop. (The Branded Ogre just kept throwing me off the platform, though! >:O I probably had some stability somewhere in one of my pockets...) I also found a surprising amount of ancient wood as I went from HP to HP, which I was in need of.

But yeah, the PoF maps are pretty much somewhere I go only when there's a daily, or I need something for a collection. It would be nice if the big events were beefed up with some sweet rewards. There are some insignia that seem to drop only from those events, but there feels like no point in trying to get them since I would have to be lucky enough to get there at the right time (some are not on the event timers) and be on a map with enough people doing the event to make it worthwhile.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> But yeah, the PoF maps are pretty much somewhere I go only when there's a daily, or I need something for a collection. It would be nice if the big events were beefed up with some sweet rewards. There are some insignia that seem to drop only from those events, but there feels like no point in trying to get them since I would have to be lucky enough to get there at the right time (some are not on the event timers) and be on a map with enough people doing the event to make it worthwhile.

Much easier to buy those recipes anyway or ignore them completely and craft a different stat to swap over.

I don't have much to add, but yeah, I feel the same way. PoF is visually super pretty, but I find that nothing brought me back there, I just wanted LS4 to take me to the next story/explorable area as soon as possible. The story was a bit less interesting as a whole, though there were definitely key moments I enjoyed (Big ol' library in the sky, "the basement", and... of course #cliffhanger).

I just wasn't as invested for some reason.

I will go back on this with another observation because it just doesn't let me rest:

Half of Verdant Brink is as much as a full PoF map. How so? Layers. In every PoF map, what you see is exactly what you get. Besides a few caves, it all is pretty much just all so plain and open. It's almost as if there is no *depth* to the map. Of course, a lot of this is to be attributed to playing in a DESERT and having mounts. They needed this place to be able to toy around with their new movement abilities etc. However, part of why VB is appealing is that it is physically impossible to make out everything immediately on first glance. You have to get around, you have to find ways to go up higher or down below and navigate something that often times feels like a maze in the open world. In PoF you see a building, you go to the building, then you use a springer to jump up the building to catch your Vista. Lame!

In HoT you often went to glide somewhere only to find that you can't make it right away. Then you find a higher position or better utilize an updraft and you make it. This tension that you might have messed up added far more interest than frustration and basically can't exist with mounts. You either make a jump or you don't, there is no "journey" attached to making that jump.