So i bought PoF..

Scoobaniec.9561

> @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> It's the biggest dissapointing thing I tried out in this game. Of course it has it's niche in PvE (very meh tho) but PvP/WvW wise herald can do things much better. Renegade just feels slow and unprotected and it's very mediocre summons can be CC'd and killed easily. And tbh I'd rather play core which is a joke lol

>

> > hopefully, the dev(s) involved w/ shortbow was one of the many who got fired.

> :open_mouth:

> Careful though, GW2 knights-protectors may come out and report you

You called it. Got a 3 day ban for hurting someone's feelings. Worth it. All of shortbow(and renegade's) criticism fell on deaf ears and the company paid a price. Is it bad to say they deserve it? Whatever you believe, it doesn't matter. What matters is the bottom line and good thing NcSoft had the power to change things from the inside that we couldn't. See you again in a month.

> @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > > > In pve anything works really... But after a years ive accepted gw2 as a full 100% pve game.

> > > >

> > > > Wrong.

> > > >

> > > > Some builds are better than others in different situations. And it just so happens that when combined with Mace/Axe, Shortbow is extremely powerful in raids.

> > > >

> > > > > That said "Sevenshot is intended to be used on large hitbox foes" where you have that statement from? Cause i doubt any dev have said it. It would be a desing failure, wouldnt surprise me tho

> > > >

> > > > Have you not seen the hitbox ingame?

> > >

> > > No, i play on insta cast. Hitbox means nothing. Jfl whats the point of a skill to be usable only on large targets and be completely useless everywhere else? What makes you think its a good desing?

> > >

> > > See rev is the only oe who suffer from some ridiculous ideas. No other class. I mean i have yet to see a skill outside of rev that splits damage with number of targets.

> > > Like i said long ago. Imagine what if for example warrior gs2 had reduced damage to group of mobs. Backstab etc. Ridiculous. That also apply to said hitbox.

> >

> > Pretty much every projectile skill with multiple missiles in the game follows these principles tho... At least Renegades' shotbow shots pierce (when traited), which allows things like 7shot to cleave large balls of targets, instead of just getting body blocked and divided up.

> >

> > Everything else (with the exception of UA) comes down to positioning and is up to you whether you want it to hit multiple targets or not.

> >

>

> When it comes to splitting dmg i am talking about sword 2, 3, 4. Its literally impossible to position in many cases to hit just 1 target and even then its a huge dps loss from pve point bc i rather aa few mobs at once than try to isolate them 1 by 1. Pvp wise a ranger has a free 50% reduction to rev sword, in case of mesmer or scrapper with gyros it even worse. I mean just look at rev sword and scrapper hammer.. there is literally no reason for sword to split it damage, it never made sense, and it never will.

>

> As for a shortbow i have no issues, most if not all ranged weapons can pierce when trainer, and most important they do not need a "large target" to hit a "full" skill

Two 2/4 are totally controllable tho... And often, you may want to spread it out for the soft-cc anyways. Personally, I like the option of AoE control or stepping inside the targets hitbox to full nuke them.

> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > Also lol at "git gud" you are talking to someone who has master division in Smite and was legendary rank here 4 times in a row before i stopped playing.

>

> People have been explaining to you the abilities of PvE Renegade.

But i know how it works and doesnt change the fact that especially sevenshot is a horrible desing. It can hit all shots on large targets only, the shots can be obstructed by terrain, and the arrows itself ..how to put it.. follow the ground. They cant hit anything above you like for example people on wvw walls. Lol at this desing. It screams to rework it.

> @"Set.7461" said:

> > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > It's the biggest dissapointing thing I tried out in this game. Of course it has it's niche in PvE (very meh tho) but PvP/WvW wise herald can do things much better. Renegade just feels slow and unprotected and it's very mediocre summons can be CC'd and killed easily. And tbh I'd rather play core which is a joke lol

> >

> > > hopefully, the dev(s) involved w/ shortbow was one of the many who got fired.

> > :open_mouth:

> > Careful though, GW2 knights-protectors may come out and report you

>

> You called it. Got a 3 day ban for hurting someone's feelings. Worth it. All of shortbow(and renegade's) criticism fell on deaf ears and the company paid a price. Is it bad to say they deserve it? Whatever you believe, it doesn't matter. What matters is the bottom line and good thing NcSoft had the power to change things from the inside that we couldn't. See you again in a month.

Thats why you never speak about devs in any negative manner. Its kinda funny bc if everything was fine nobody would say anything bad about them. Art devs are praised for example bc they are talented and does their job pretty well. That should give them a hint. Its one thing when all the skills need is number tweaks, its another when the skills are poorly designed and shouldnt be put into the game.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > > > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > > > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > > > > In pve anything works really... But after a years ive accepted gw2 as a full 100% pve game.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wrong.

> > > > >

> > > > > Some builds are better than others in different situations. And it just so happens that when combined with Mace/Axe, Shortbow is extremely powerful in raids.

> > > > >

> > > > > > That said "Sevenshot is intended to be used on large hitbox foes" where you have that statement from? Cause i doubt any dev have said it. It would be a desing failure, wouldnt surprise me tho

> > > > >

> > > > > Have you not seen the hitbox ingame?

> > > >

> > > > No, i play on insta cast. Hitbox means nothing. Jfl whats the point of a skill to be usable only on large targets and be completely useless everywhere else? What makes you think its a good desing?

> > > >

> > > > See rev is the only oe who suffer from some ridiculous ideas. No other class. I mean i have yet to see a skill outside of rev that splits damage with number of targets.

> > > > Like i said long ago. Imagine what if for example warrior gs2 had reduced damage to group of mobs. Backstab etc. Ridiculous. That also apply to said hitbox.

> > >

> > > Pretty much every projectile skill with multiple missiles in the game follows these principles tho... At least Renegades' shotbow shots pierce (when traited), which allows things like 7shot to cleave large balls of targets, instead of just getting body blocked and divided up.

> > >

> > > Everything else (with the exception of UA) comes down to positioning and is up to you whether you want it to hit multiple targets or not.

> > >

> >

> > When it comes to splitting dmg i am talking about sword 2, 3, 4. Its literally impossible to position in many cases to hit just 1 target and even then its a huge dps loss from pve point bc i rather aa few mobs at once than try to isolate them 1 by 1. Pvp wise a ranger has a free 50% reduction to rev sword, in case of mesmer or scrapper with gyros it even worse. I mean just look at rev sword and scrapper hammer.. there is literally no reason for sword to split it damage, it never made sense, and it never will.

> >

> > As for a shortbow i have no issues, most if not all ranged weapons can pierce when trainer, and most important they do not need a "large target" to hit a "full" skill

>

> Two 2/4 are totally controllable tho... And often, you may want to spread it out for the soft-cc anyways. Personally, I like the option of AoE control or stepping inside the targets hitbox to full nuke them.

Or you could have both without losing the damage part like everyone else. If we apply the desing to any other skill it becomes a sad joke.

For example Wings of Resolve has 3sec immo and 533 base dmg regardless of how many targets are there. Now switch it to a sword 4 desing where you either have that damage as single target with 1sec immo or the damage is spread up to 5 targets (106base) but the immo is increased for each target up to 3sec. Just lol at how trash the skill would be. You can apply it to any skill in the game, the end result will always end up the same - trash skill.

So why rev sword is designed this way? Any other community would go rampage for such horrible desing. Yet rev community for whatever reason accept it. I rather play with the mace+axe, at least they have normal and properly designed skills (mace 3 and axe 4 should get evade frames tho..). Sword in current state can be put into trash bin. And i will never forgive them for removing the block either. Sword should become a single target weapon, simple as that. As it stands now its neither.

Guys OP has a point and we really can't deny it - Renegade has some questionable design built upon the already shakey foundation that is Revenant. The profession definitely has promise but again, if you can watch the first video where they introduce the PoF elites, Renegade is the one where the developers practically stammer to explain what the point of it all is. And seriously sevenshot. Just delete it for God's sake there is no amount of rework that skill could possibly receive that would make it less stupid. You just *know* that only one person in the office liked that idea and they won't let go of it. We all get that sometimes, but please that-one-guy, just #letitgo.

> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > Bow is not as bad as people make it out to be. In SPvP it's really good but has to be used in a unique way that may or may not been intended.

> >

> > Edit: I play Power Short Bow btw. Not the condition build like most assume Bow is for.

>

> Bunker renegade with life steal?

Yes

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > Bow is not as bad as people make it out to be. In SPvP it's really good but has to be used in a unique way that may or may not been intended.

> > >

> > > Edit: I play Power Short Bow btw. Not the condition build like most assume Bow is for.

> >

> > Bunker renegade with life steal?

>

> Yes

But this is just making clunky design work. Everything can work if played around, even the worst designs. Just because the weapons performs well in a single set specific situation doesn't mean it's viable od healthy.

I like SB 4 and 5, but the rest is random, just like Renegade and its traits.

> @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > Bow is not as bad as people make it out to be. In SPvP it's really good but has to be used in a unique way that may or may not been intended.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: I play Power Short Bow btw. Not the condition build like most assume Bow is for.

> > >

> > > Bunker renegade with life steal?

> >

> > Yes

>

> But this is just making clunky design work. Everything can work if played around, even the worst designs. Just because the weapons performs well in a single set specific situation doesn't mean it's viable od healthy.

>

> I like SB 4 and 5, but the rest is random, just like Renegade and its traits.

Using that same argument I can say Staff also needs a redesign than. Since it only good as a utility weapon for other builds.

> > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > > Bow is not as bad as people make it out to be. In SPvP it's really good but has to be used in a unique way that may or may not been intended.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: I play Power Short Bow btw. Not the condition build like most assume Bow is for.

> > > >

> > > > Bunker renegade with life steal?

> > >

> > > Yes

> >

> > But this is just making clunky design work. Everything can work if played around, even the worst designs. Just because the weapons performs well in a single set specific situation doesn't mean it's viable od healthy.

> >

> > I like SB 4 and 5, but the rest is random, just like Renegade and its traits.

>

> Using that same argument I can say Staff also needs a redesign than. Since it only good as a utility weapon for other builds.

Not really. Staff provides so much, exactly what most builds need, so I wouldn't turn it like you did. Its design isn't clunky, it doesn't have to be built around to succeed, it's reliable and useful in most situations. Sometimes too much and gives Rev too much it needs.

And you made Shortbow useful in a specific situation using specific set of runes, stats and playstyle _just_ to make it work. And that's the issue of this weapon, because outside of that 1-2 builds it doesn't provide Revenant with _anything_.

And to be fair, I'd like Staff to be more Ventari focused and Hammer to be more Jalis. Shortbow is just too much of a Kalla, which itself is honestly the most boring E-Spec.

Spirits should follow you as summons, and use the upkeep mechanic. This way when activating them again they do as specific set thing and offer some utility while being summoned to fellow party memebers. For example turn the healing skill into a monk esq summon, upon second activation the summon casts a massive heal and then disperses into the mists having used its power. While up it casts smiting skills on foes that hell you and fellow warriors around you for the damage it casts (Scales off of condi, perhaps as it is a condi legend.)

You can have all but the eliet skill up and still generate energy. The eliet skill should be "Together as one!" Where it summons all of your warband, and causes them to pick a specific target and go stealth. It takes all of your arrows so you can't build energy but upon activation the spirits will leap from the shadows and attack in a guerrilla warfare like state, causing cc and cleave based on their effect. (Healing one rips boons, Damage one hits for set health amount and causes vulnerability, The bleed buff one strikes for bleeds and the final one perhaps siphons the damage done by the others to you as health.) And once all the effects are done you dive out of the sky and slam into the area around them, using the energy you gained from their sacrafice for a set amount of damage. If you have High energy it does high damage if it hits, if you have low energy it counts as a hard CC.

Im also surprised that you don't have the ability to summon kalla herself, perhaps she is the spirit that coils around you at the end if the elite and says something along the lines of. "This ends now!" As you come diving out of the sky onto your foe~

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> Spirits should follow you as summons, and use the upkeep mechanic. This way when activating them again they do as specific set thing and offer some utility while being summoned to fellow party memebers. For example turn the healing skill into a monk esq summon, upon second activation the summon casts a massive heal and then disperses into the mists having used its power. While up it casts smiting skills on foes that hell you and fellow warriors around you for the damage it casts (Scales off of condi, perhaps as it is a condi legend.)

>

> You can have all but the eliet skill up and still generate energy. The eliet skill should be "Together as one!" Where it summons all of your warband, and causes them to pick a specific target and go stealth. It takes all of your arrows so you can't build energy but upon activation the spirits will leap from the shadows and attack in a guerrilla warfare like state, causing cc and cleave based on their effect. (Healing one rips boons, Damage one hits for set health amount and causes vulnerability, The bleed buff one strikes for bleeds and the final one perhaps siphons the damage done by the others to you as health.) And once all the effects are done you dive out of the sky and slam into the area around them, using the energy you gained from their sacrafice for a set amount of damage. If you have High energy it does high damage if it hits, if you have low energy it counts as a hard CC.

>

> Im also surprised that you don't have the ability to summon kalla herself, perhaps she is the spirit that coils around you at the end if the elite and says something along the lines of. "This ends now!" As you come diving out of the sky onto your foe~

Spirits are horrible desing and have to be removed completely. Even more so in case of rev cuz you cant choose your utilities. You either take all or nothing. Tahst why spirits/wells/traps or whatever will never work on rev bc you are forced to slot all 5

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > Spirits should follow you as summons, and use the upkeep mechanic. This way when activating them again they do as specific set thing and offer some utility while being summoned to fellow party memebers. For example turn the healing skill into a monk esq summon, upon second activation the summon casts a massive heal and then disperses into the mists having used its power. While up it casts smiting skills on foes that hell you and fellow warriors around you for the damage it casts (Scales off of condi, perhaps as it is a condi legend.)

> >

> > You can have all but the eliet skill up and still generate energy. The eliet skill should be "Together as one!" Where it summons all of your warband, and causes them to pick a specific target and go stealth. It takes all of your arrows so you can't build energy but upon activation the spirits will leap from the shadows and attack in a guerrilla warfare like state, causing cc and cleave based on their effect. (Healing one rips boons, Damage one hits for set health amount and causes vulnerability, The bleed buff one strikes for bleeds and the final one perhaps siphons the damage done by the others to you as health.) And once all the effects are done you dive out of the sky and slam into the area around them, using the energy you gained from their sacrafice for a set amount of damage. If you have High energy it does high damage if it hits, if you have low energy it counts as a hard CC.

> >

> > Im also surprised that you don't have the ability to summon kalla herself, perhaps she is the spirit that coils around you at the end if the elite and says something along the lines of. "This ends now!" As you come diving out of the sky onto your foe~

>

> Spirits are horrible desing and have to be removed completely. Even more so in case of rev cuz you cant choose your utilities. You either take all or nothing. Tahst why spirits/wells/traps or whatever will never work on rev bc you are forced to slot all 5

Or rework them to be better, and actually put the work in without destroying the core design of the spec. I LOVE The idea of summoning spirits of fallen ones to fight beside us, loved the ritualist in GW1 and I think it fits here. It just needs work to be made more viable with the type of game guild wars 2 is, I hate this menality "Make it like the rest" No because then renegade would still be utter trash, and its theme would not exist.

Herald is viable for alot of reasons, one being the heal and its ability to be tanky while not pigeon holing us into taking jalis as Invocation is a better trait line and to me is required for rev to run with good energy control. (It adds alot of utility to our kit, such as breaking stuns on legend swap.) Make Kalla a stealthy Guerrilla fighter like she was IN THE LORE and make her warband directly buff the user, and the whole party. Make her about outnumbering her opponent and cornering them, I mean if it winds up similar to the messmer THEN FUCKING FINE. The idea of summoning her companions and battle hardened warband is cool, I think its a neat Idea and was implemented the wrong way as stationary turrets. They should be more useful hell Id be ok if they even stayed out when you SWAPPED legends and complimented your fighting style, and brought more to the field.

I actually loved the Theme and Idea of the renegade, I just hate the implementation. But then I don't much like glints implementation either, and feel it had way more potential than it actually got used for. The other legends feel interesting and while mallyx needs a rework to make him a condi-players bane of existence, making him the condi-killer he was always meant to be. Heck even shiro has his issues such as not using ANY of his abilities he used while we fought him, as he had nothing to do with jade like at all. His heal should of been battle scars, He should be our bruiser and duelist spec giving us a more dynamic style rather than a just flat burst character.

I want each legends to be unique since they can't swap skills, their utilities should ALL be good and all be something you WANT to use. Their utilities should 100% be better than the other class's, as we can't pick and are limited to what legends we take. This gives A-net the freedom to make the legends massively impactful, their skills strong and unique because we can't mix match for best result. We either take all or nothing and you either run that legend and its utilities or you don't, So while limited by the abilities we have at anytime we are granted the benefit of being balanced.

This is the misconception of the revenant as a whole, its a good and fun class. It has a high skill ceiling though as it requires forethought and actual strategic thinking before jumping in and face rolling like a no skill messmer of pew pew thief. You have to pick and choose your engagements, and know your class to use it to its fullest extent and yes it needs work. More weapons would be nice, Legend reworks to bring them in line with the CURRENT class design and how that works would be nice as well so we could bring more utility to group comps and ourselves.

The energy system, themes of the legends and basic Ideals conceptualized behind them are fine~ 100% its all about the implementation being shiet.

> Bow is not as bad as people make it out to be. In SPvP it's really good but has to be used in a unique way that may or may not been intended.

>

> Edit: I play Power Short Bow btw. Not the condition build like most assume Bow is for.

No, is not. Provides 0 mobility and 0 defense, so even hammer is better PvP weapon, no matter if power or condition build is used, and hammer isn't very viable to start. I never see Revs using shortbows in WvW and only 1 in 20 or 30 ion PvP. That's why PoF is so uninteresting if you play Revenant mostly in competitive game modes: Renegade brings nothing to the table, is pure garbage.

ANet should try to improve core Rev before wasting time in Renegade.

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

Herald is viable bc core rev was made with Glint in mind. For that reason alone core rev needs overhaul before next e spec. Kalla is by no mean a ritualist, she was a warrior and should feel as one while playing with her, these spirits could be placed in current junk F skills fr all i care, but the utilities need to be reworked otherwise renegade is doomed as pve only spec and any future one that will try similiar stuff.

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

>

>

> Herald is viable bc core rev was made with Glint in mind. For that reason alone core rev needs overhaul before next e spec. Kalla is by no mean a ritualist, she was a warrior and should feel as one while playing with her, these spirits could be placed in current junk F skills fr all i care, but the utilities need to be reworked otherwise renegade is doomed as pve only spec and any future one that will try similiar stuff.

You assume A-net understands the Rev at all, or even cares as its not one of their meta babies. I doubt we would ever see an overhaul for the core class, and if we did I doubt highly that it would do anything more than rip our class apart and water it down further than it has been.

> @"Set.7461" said:

> > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > It's the biggest dissapointing thing I tried out in this game. Of course it has it's niche in PvE (very meh tho) but PvP/WvW wise herald can do things much better. Renegade just feels slow and unprotected and it's very mediocre summons can be CC'd and killed easily. And tbh I'd rather play core which is a joke lol

> >

> > > hopefully, the dev(s) involved w/ shortbow was one of the many who got fired.

> > :open_mouth:

> > Careful though, GW2 knights-protectors may come out and report you

>

> You called it. Got a 3 day ban for hurting someone's feelings. Worth it. All of shortbow(and renegade's) criticism fell on deaf ears and the company paid a price. Is it bad to say they deserve it? Whatever you believe, it doesn't matter. What matters is the bottom line and good thing NcSoft had the power to change things from the inside that we couldn't. See you again in a month.

> > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > Also lol at "git gud" you are talking to someone who has master division in Smite and was legendary rank here 4 times in a row before i stopped playing.

> >

> > People have been explaining to you the abilities of PvE Renegade.

>

> But i know how it works and doesnt change the fact that especially sevenshot is a horrible desing. It can hit all shots on large targets only, the shots can be obstructed by terrain, and the arrows itself ..how to put it.. follow the ground. They cant hit anything above you like for example people on wvw walls. Lol at this desing. It screams to rework it.

>

> > @"Set.7461" said:

> > > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > It's the biggest dissapointing thing I tried out in this game. Of course it has it's niche in PvE (very meh tho) but PvP/WvW wise herald can do things much better. Renegade just feels slow and unprotected and it's very mediocre summons can be CC'd and killed easily. And tbh I'd rather play core which is a joke lol

> > >

> > > > hopefully, the dev(s) involved w/ shortbow was one of the many who got fired.

> > > :open_mouth:

> > > Careful though, GW2 knights-protectors may come out and report you

> >

> > You called it. Got a 3 day ban for hurting someone's feelings. Worth it. All of shortbow(and renegade's) criticism fell on deaf ears and the company paid a price. Is it bad to say they deserve it? Whatever you believe, it doesn't matter. What matters is the bottom line and good thing NcSoft had the power to change things from the inside that we couldn't. See you again in a month.

>

> Thats why you never speak about devs in any negative manner. Its kinda funny bc if everything was fine nobody would say anything bad about them. Art devs are praised for example bc they are talented and does their job pretty well. That should give them a hint. Its one thing when all the skills need is number tweaks, its another when the skills are poorly designed and shouldnt be put into the game.

>

Indeed.

You know, at first when somebody told me that they brought PvE guild to discuss and give feedback on WvW I did not actually believe it. Says a lot about someone's competence out there in those offices. There are just too many wrong things in this game at present.

Moderation on GW2 forums is getting F2P-like each day too, no criticism allowed. I wish it was just the forums but not the game itself . Save for pay to win element but I imagine there might be slight possibility of something like that happening with all those lay-offs. WvW mount is already a bad sign

> @"vyncius.6105" said:

> Renegade is so trash that makes me question my self, why dafaq i play this game. Renegade needs such a big rework, that i dont think anet are able to do it. Besides, last patch they nerfed condi revenant(renegade) for no kitten reason.

Depends how you look at it. For pvp mace was buffed, for pve nerfed. I do not link mace to renegade tho. It doesnt matter if something will get number tweaks or not. Whole concept of renegade is trash - weapon, legend, traitline. All this stuff has to be removed. A real rework. New traits, new skills

> @"Milan.9035" said:

> Renegede was released at the same time as a spec like mirage. Let that sink in. So they clearly have different people making these specs and they are not working together.

It's clear they were unsure of how to manage rev, or what rev was. The changes of recent show they are at least aware of how the class preforms and functions; But I doubt they care as we are not one of the hand held classes.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > Bow is not as bad as people make it out to be. In SPvP it's really good but has to be used in a unique way that may or may not been intended.

> >

> > Edit: I play Power Short Bow btw. Not the condition build like most assume Bow is for.

>

> No, is not. Provides 0 mobility and 0 defense, so even hammer is better PvP weapon, no matter if power or condition build is used, and hammer isn't very viable to start. I never see Revs using shortbows in WvW and only 1 in 20 or 30 ion PvP. That's why PoF is so uninteresting if you play Revenant mostly in competitive game modes: Renegade brings nothing to the table, is pure garbage.

>

> ANet should try to improve core Rev before wasting time in Renegade.

I was talking about SPvP and no Hammer is not better. I do better with my build. Can hold my own and even stronger in group fights due to my AoE CC and Damage along side my support all in the same legend. I don't even need to legend swap to do all that. Can legend swap only when I need more self defense or if I want to switch up my attack.