[SUGGESTION] Link backpack dye channels with gliders

**Hi fellow tyrians!**

So this have been bugging me for some time, but it hit me really hard when I recently bought the Shining Blade Backpack Glider Combo from the Gem Store.

I really, really want to use the backpack, but I just can't get myself to do it as it doesn't match my dye colors. My Shining Blade glider looks amazing though. Now, I can understand that some backpacks won't get a dye channel to keep their aesthetics, but wouldn't it be awesome to add the following?

_If I use the same backpack and glider, my backpack will match the dye channels of the glider, given that the gliders is dyable._

Thoughts?

Don't quote me on this because I read this some place a long time ago. But originally when backpacks were made they were a static item and developed with a certain system much like a ring, amulet, or accessory. Then later on they added the gliders in with the system used in HoT that had dye channels for the gliders. So basically the old system would have to be reworked to make this happen and from what I am told it would take a lot to make that happen. So basically its the same answer we get when we talk about revamping dungeons "its archaic and they will not touch it". I am with you I often complain about wanting to dye my back items...

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Backpacks don't have dye channels, like weapons, and the Devs have stated, a few times, that adding dye channels would be resource-intensive.

> Though, one never knows, the Devs have no plans to add dye channels in the foreseeable future.

That's what I've been reading as well.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> They should give us an option to show stowed gliders instead of backpacks.

Now that is a solution that would work pretty well.

> @"Excursion.9752" said:

> Don't quote me on this because I read this some place a long time ago. But originally when backpacks were made they were a static item and developed with a certain system much like a ring, amulet, or accessory. Then later on they added the gliders in with the system used in HoT that had dye channels for the gliders. So basically the old system would have to be reworked to make this happen and from what I am told it would take a lot to make that happen. So basically its the same answer we get when we talk about revamping dungeons "its archaic and they will not touch it". I am with you I often complain about wanting to dye my back items...

Backpacks are a totally different type of item than armor. They likely use recycled code from weapons which is why they disappear when you use emotes like weapons do but can also be toggled "on" by un-equipping and then re-equipping them like you can with weapons.

It would also explain why they didn't seem to be able to ship the game with any other backpack than the guild pack. They probably would have made them dyeable armor but ran up against the clock and used what they knew would work and then slapped in a bunch of accessory tier back items with no models.

No one complained because all we had was one rather pricey (for the time) backpack and everyone kind of got used to it.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Backpacks don't have dye channels, like weapons, and the Devs have stated, a few times, that adding dye channels would be resource-intensive.

> Though, one never knows, the Devs have no plans to add dye channels in the foreseeable future.

Yea, but they also don’t bother to just make a few versions of the same backpack.

Sub-skins or however you want to call them.

Just like there’s red, green, and blue glowing eyes- mask.

We got black and white of the wings, and thats about it.

For example, the current destroyer wings are green, which make them completely useless.

And it shoukd be very low effort to upload the same skin with normal fire colours as well.

For any suggestion like that you have to ask yourself how can this be monetized? There is a very large portion of the playerbase that already has at least one glider/back combo. Which means the change would have to be retroactive, unlocking the dye channels for all those people. This is offering no incentive to them to buy more combos if dyes were all they wanted. It's a sad fact but it is what it is.

Offering different versions seems more feasible to me although I wouldn't hold my breath for that either. Glider combos have been out for years now and the dye issue has been brought up many times before.