[Suggestion] Stop Golems from contesting points.

Caedmon.6798

Yes its a "legit strategy" that doesnt take away the fact thats its a broken mechanic aswell. As bannering lords got changed a long time ago this also needs balancing.

I dont think sitting in golems and calling a blob for 3 people equals to being outplayed,i'd say so if they actually won from me or us in an actual fight.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> No one is going to give you a T3 camp on a platter.

>

> Also, say a server just got k-trained and their NA or EU players are starting to login. Do you think they will fine with you taking their camp with no resistance?

I dont mind fighting people on a camp,i want to fight people at a camp,i want resistance. Seeing 3 golems sitting on a camp from which i know they will call 20 people completely removes this aspect as they dont want to fight apparantly.

you're engaging an enemy's "structure"... using siege to defend it should be allowed, and that includes golems.

I mean the golem didn't kill you or your team right? All it did was delay your force (unless your force was really large) from taking the camp as fast as if it were empty. The benefit is allowing defense to rally and get to camp.

I understand it makes solo roaming impossible to take that camp -- I get that. That might be your cue to move onto the next soft target.

> @"juno.1840" said:

> you're engaging an enemy's "structure"... using siege to defend it should be allowed, and that includes golems.

>

> I mean the golem didn't kill you or your team right? All it did was delay your force (unless your force was really large) from taking the camp as fast as if it were empty. The benefit is allowing defense to rally and get to camp.

>

> I understand it makes solo roaming impossible to take that camp -- I get that. That might be your cue to move onto the next soft target.

Im talking mostly about Camps,i should have added that in the main post.I dont mind them building golems for a garri or towers,sure go for it.But when youre roaming and you want fights,this "strategy" makes it extremely boring where its already hard enough to find some proper fights,where my people rather logg off because its boring them and there are no real fights to have if this happens on a regular occasion. Im already moving on to another target if that happens though where we can only kill npc's and yawn while doing it because they wont come there to have a fight.

There are servers that don't need golems and there are servers that do need golems and it usually has nothing to do with the skill of the players on those servers but of the number of players on those servers who have to contend with the number of opponents on the other servers trying to steal their stuff through oftentimes unsavory means.

If we want to argue skill though, I'd say the massive servers that don't need golems (servers that can afford to plant 2 or more babysitters at each camp and shrine) yet use them anyway are the less skilled of the bunch, but I understand opinions on that topic may vary.

None the less, golem guarding is a valid tactic whether it's needed or not and I'd rather have those that are dedicated enough to babysit objectives (as that's their form of play regardless of what the rest of us classify it as) still allowed to do so however they see fit because I personally like the challenge.

As a roamer, it's not too hard to figure out who is going to go babysitting overboard if you just learn your opponents ways, its also not hard to predict what you'll likely encounter at a camp if you just study the map first (what tells does each camp and its surrounding objectives hold? That's something you must figure out on your own). But the long and short of it is, you should know you're most likely going to encounter golems, players, acs what have you at that camp before you even leave spawn and you should be prepared, because how you handle the situation reflects your skill not the babysitters.

Thing is ,with them unable to contest they can still make use of those golems if they wish to,its merely about the contesting aspect.And in which case they can still call for that blob,but atleast it gives you still a chance of capping,it shouldnt be impossible unless youre a blob.

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> Thing is ,with them unable to contest they can still make use of those golems if they wish to,its merely about the contesting aspect.And in which case they can still call for that blob,but atleast it gives you still a chance of capping,it shouldnt be impossible **unless youre a blob.**

Which is hyperbole.

Solo, I’ll give that to you. But three of you? If you can’t bring that golem down timely, then you don’t get the camp.

If you really aren’t happy, flash build a ballista. Cheesey? Yep.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > Thing is ,with them unable to contest they can still make use of those golems if they wish to,its merely about the contesting aspect.And in which case they can still call for that blob,but atleast it gives you still a chance of capping,it shouldnt be impossible **unless youre a blob.**

>

> Which is hyperbole.

>

> Solo, I’ll give that to you. But three of you? If you can’t bring that golem down timely, then you don’t get the camp.

>

> If you really aren’t happy, flash build a ballista. Cheesey? Yep.

Its usually not one golem when it happens either,and as someone else said its mostly "less skilled players",so with that in mind they can still make use of the golems and still ask for more help anyways if they dont wanna fight for w/e reason.I dont mind it being a blob that gets called but the inability to actually use strategy yourself or sneak cap something when that happens which is already hard enough with radars and trap marks,faster capping wont happen,balis wont get em down before more arrive anyways even if you get one up where the only things remain are moving to somewhere else and ignoring that camp completely or ask for 20 people,which is exactly the issue.