Turning gold bars into real gold to pay expensive NPC off

Rico.6873

You can still pay with your own gold off course, but it makes expensive NPC items less expensive

You would still need to farm gold ofc xd

Edit: The gold bars gold would not be useable in TP and it would only be used for special products only

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Ahh. Sell them on the TP, then? It's not like Gold (mat) is the same as Gold (currency).

I think their idea involves changing gold into currency and thus improving the value of gold ingots/ore. Which of course is a suggestion which is not going to happen

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> Gold (refined and unrefined) in Tyria is like paper in the real world. Only coins minted and backed by the Black Lion Trading Company hold value.

>

> Unauthorized persons crafting gold bars into gold coins is called forgery.

They should have an ingame quest based around that XD

I just had this brilliant idea we could use our gold/silver ores/bars to help us pay off NPC with things that are account bound and cannot be traded with others

The skins part and legendary collections and other account related things

That was the idea that popped in my head

Now after a while I'm wondering if it is a smart idea or not :P

> @"Rico.6873" said:

> I just had this brilliant idea we could use our gold/silver ores/bars to help us pay off NPC with things that are account bound and cannot be traded with others

> The skins part and legendary collections and other account related things

> That was the idea that popped in my head

> Now after a while I'm wondering if it is a smart idea or not :P

During the festival of the Winds in the summer, an NPC will allow you to trade them for other materials. It's the closest you will ever get. People would just buy up tons of the materials off the TP in advance to either buy the items for next to nothing or sell them back to the community at a higher price.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Rico.6873" said:

> > I just had this brilliant idea we could use our gold/silver ores/bars to help us pay off NPC with things that are account bound and cannot be traded with others

> > The skins part and legendary collections and other account related things

> > That was the idea that popped in my head

> > Now after a while I'm wondering if it is a smart idea or not :P

>

> During the festival of the Winds in the summer, an NPC will allow you to trade them for other materials. It's the closest you will ever get. People would just buy up tons of the materials off the TP in advance to either buy the items for next to nothing or sell them back to the community at a higher price.

This.

The effect would be very predictable:

- all those low value materials would rise in price to equal or close to equal the alternative gold price they can be used to circumvent

- all crafts which require these low value materials would explode in cost making some crafts absolutely useless

Net result: a lot of market disturbance for no huge benefit.

That is without even getting into any Sigil of Nullification issues where people complained for ages that early buyers made a huge profit.

I sneer at your mined gold ore. Only items hard won through fierce combat are worthy of consideration for turning into gold currency. Yes, I’m talking about Broken Claws and Gobs of Globby Goo. Loot torn off the murdered bodies of creatures so foul, cruel and bad tempered that Champion Ranked PvP players quail when they see them. Only items from slaying creatures with such big pointy nasty teeth are worthy of paying off expensive NPCs, not some namby pamby gold ore that you dig up with a rusty pickaxe!

Gold as a currency is in game legal tender. A bank note has a specific place within the controlled economic system, and is not indicative of the literal cost of the resource. The literal cost of the resource in the game btw for a ingot of gold is worth 6 copper to a NPC (at a substantially lower price of about 10% of the total cost), or around 60 from trade post, which is likely the actual cost. The price is so low because in this world Gold is an abundant resource, and likely the black lion company or whatever banks decided to use it because it was not only abundant but malleable and doesn't tarnish in an extreme way.

What you suggest is akin to turning trees into paper money, or making coins out of the raw elements; which is literally printing counter fit bills.

**THAT SAID**.... I do think it would be cool if the commander got their hands into something important, and had a moral enough reason to not shut the operation down, but quid pro quo to sweeten the deal for their silence you can turn stacks of gold into actual gold, but would only turn out 5 or 10 in a slow enough span; giving the lore reason that it takes time to launder the gold, but in game reason as to not break the economy, also acting like a resource sync to increase the value.