Will Gen 2 GS also feature a combine ala Eternity, thoughts?

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > > I would love to see more intricate swords in this game, hunting down nice collections of armor and weapons to add to the wardrobe was a favorite pastime in wow..But there isnt a lot of variety here and definitely not a lot of stuff a player can acquire through ingame hunting or farming. This game needs more drops with more variety, i have always said that part of what makes a game great is the ability to get more through the game than a cash shop. And that is part of content to play. Im not one to sit at my pc and shop as my game content, thats not what playing a game is about.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > And if GW2 was a subscription based game like WoW we would have just that, but the gem store is how ANET pays the bills, so while they do introduce new skins into the game via LS like the Requiem Armor and Dragonsblood weapons (neither of which did I care for), they release far more skins for sale either on the gem store or via BL Chests / BL claim tickets. But since we can buy gems with gold, all it takes is some in game farming or TP flipping to give a player the means to acquire those skins. Frankly I prefer that over RNG fests like WoW where after x-number of years of trying, some people still don't have certain mounts / skins they have been farming.

> > > >

> > > > My WoW account has been inactive for over a year, but it still doesn't have Ashes of Alar or Reigns of the Raven Lord unlocked :wink:

> > > >

> > >

> > > You say that but then what happens when all content is behind a paywall? If you have no content ingame for people to do to have a reason to go out into the world and get things then what is the point? If all you do is buy stuff to make your character look good so you can what, stand around LA or DR and impress the newbs? Games need objectives to do that reward things we want in order for them to stay healthy. Like it or not the carrot on a stick is part of playing these types of games the effort vs reward = more content for players to do. Otherwise you have a game that rarely adds new things and just relies on frilly pay items to hook people.

> > >

> > > I am still new so i havent run through all of GW2, but if there isnt anything in the game to drive my urge to battle and acquire and discover then it wont hold my attention long. Im not going to roll out the credit card to get a cosmetic fix for an issue that is lack of content and ingame items. We will see as i work my way through, but like i said one of the things that keeps me going is the drive to play through content and beat it or acquire things from it. Im not one to sit around for hours in a city like a statue while the peons admire my godlike gear i bought from the shop.

> > >

> > > Dont get me wrong i do buy items off the gem store, but its not taking the place of ingame content, its strictly cosmetic or utility. Like mount skins glider skin and storage.

> >

> > What content is locked behind paywall for you? :o Besides ofc LWs and Expansions that are paid content

>

> Why is it that the seasons are locked? and not all of them just ones that give you something like roller beetle or gear. I find it disingenuous that i had all the story unlocked except the chapter long live the lich that i had to buy, because of the roller beetle. The chapter before it and the ones after in the same story were unlocked. Story should be part of the game you already paid for, thats where we get into paywalls. And from what i understand there is a whole set of ascended gear locked behind season 3. Correct me if wrong but thats what i was told you have to buy season 3 to get that stuff. And my main point was about content in game, does having cosmetics you buy keep people interested in a game if there is no new content added ingame. I bought both expansions, bought a story, bought mount skins glider skin and storage and character slots, but that dont take the place of ingame content.

Will it help if we call them DLC not seasons? And FYI they are given for free to loyal players, that have logged at least once during the release of episode.

Season 3 has ascended trinkets with HoT stats.

But you can get core tyria stats without any restrictions,HoT stats to craft armor and weapon are from HoT maps, there isn't any gear locked behind LW3 only. Most used stats for any dps in game is berserk and it's core. Anet gone far to let anyone to have maradeur that is HoT starts. If you have HoT, there are [trinkets](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Talisman "trinkets") obtainable from fractals, wvw, pvp with selectable stats and you can chose any HoT combo you want. Same goes to PoF owners without LW4, expet 'Plaguedoctor' stats combo that is very situational to have, almost none need it.

You had to buy episode cus you didn't login during the Long Live the Lich episode.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > > > I would love to see more intricate swords in this game, hunting down nice collections of armor and weapons to add to the wardrobe was a favorite pastime in wow..But there isnt a lot of variety here and definitely not a lot of stuff a player can acquire through ingame hunting or farming. This game needs more drops with more variety, i have always said that part of what makes a game great is the ability to get more through the game than a cash shop. And that is part of content to play. Im not one to sit at my pc and shop as my game content, thats not what playing a game is about.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > And if GW2 was a subscription based game like WoW we would have just that, but the gem store is how ANET pays the bills, so while they do introduce new skins into the game via LS like the Requiem Armor and Dragonsblood weapons (neither of which did I care for), they release far more skins for sale either on the gem store or via BL Chests / BL claim tickets. But since we can buy gems with gold, all it takes is some in game farming or TP flipping to give a player the means to acquire those skins. Frankly I prefer that over RNG fests like WoW where after x-number of years of trying, some people still don't have certain mounts / skins they have been farming.

> > > > >

> > > > > My WoW account has been inactive for over a year, but it still doesn't have Ashes of Alar or Reigns of the Raven Lord unlocked :wink:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You say that but then what happens when all content is behind a paywall? If you have no content ingame for people to do to have a reason to go out into the world and get things then what is the point? If all you do is buy stuff to make your character look good so you can what, stand around LA or DR and impress the newbs? Games need objectives to do that reward things we want in order for them to stay healthy. Like it or not the carrot on a stick is part of playing these types of games the effort vs reward = more content for players to do. Otherwise you have a game that rarely adds new things and just relies on frilly pay items to hook people.

> > > >

> > > > I am still new so i havent run through all of GW2, but if there isnt anything in the game to drive my urge to battle and acquire and discover then it wont hold my attention long. Im not going to roll out the credit card to get a cosmetic fix for an issue that is lack of content and ingame items. We will see as i work my way through, but like i said one of the things that keeps me going is the drive to play through content and beat it or acquire things from it. Im not one to sit around for hours in a city like a statue while the peons admire my godlike gear i bought from the shop.

> > > >

> > > > Dont get me wrong i do buy items off the gem store, but its not taking the place of ingame content, its strictly cosmetic or utility. Like mount skins glider skin and storage.

> > >

> > > What content is locked behind paywall for you? :o Besides ofc LWs and Expansions that are paid content

> >

> > Why is it that the seasons are locked? and not all of them just ones that give you something like roller beetle or gear. I find it disingenuous that i had all the story unlocked except the chapter long live the lich that i had to buy, because of the roller beetle. The chapter before it and the ones after in the same story were unlocked. Story should be part of the game you already paid for, thats where we get into paywalls. And from what i understand there is a whole set of ascended gear locked behind season 3. Correct me if wrong but thats what i was told you have to buy season 3 to get that stuff. And my main point was about content in game, does having cosmetics you buy keep people interested in a game if there is no new content added ingame. I bought both expansions, bought a story, bought mount skins glider skin and storage and character slots, but that dont take the place of ingame content.

>

> Will it help if we call them DLC not seasons? And FYI they are given for free to loyal players, that have logged at least once during the release of episode.

> Season 3 has ascended trinkets with HoT stats.

> But you can get core tyria stats without any restrictions,HoT stats to craft armor and weapon are from HoT maps, there isn't any gear locked behind LW3 only. Most used stats for any dps in game is berserk and it's core. Anet gone far to let anyone to have maradeur that is HoT starts. If you have HoT, there are [trinkets](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Talisman "trinkets") obtainable from fractals, wvw, pvp with selectable stats and you can chose any HoT combo you want. Same goes to PoF owners without LW4, expet 'Plaguedoctor' stats combo that is very situational to have, almost none need it.

The point is they are released in game as part of the content, then removed from it and made into buy items. This is what is a peeve of mine, and not all seasons do this, just ones that reward something major in the end. You know people buy this game recently and are locked out of half the story seasons. Put as much fluff and cosmetic utility stuff in the store as you want, but imo leave the story seasons in the game, they are part of it.

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > > > > I would love to see more intricate swords in this game, hunting down nice collections of armor and weapons to add to the wardrobe was a favorite pastime in wow..But there isnt a lot of variety here and definitely not a lot of stuff a player can acquire through ingame hunting or farming. This game needs more drops with more variety, i have always said that part of what makes a game great is the ability to get more through the game than a cash shop. And that is part of content to play. Im not one to sit at my pc and shop as my game content, thats not what playing a game is about.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > And if GW2 was a subscription based game like WoW we would have just that, but the gem store is how ANET pays the bills, so while they do introduce new skins into the game via LS like the Requiem Armor and Dragonsblood weapons (neither of which did I care for), they release far more skins for sale either on the gem store or via BL Chests / BL claim tickets. But since we can buy gems with gold, all it takes is some in game farming or TP flipping to give a player the means to acquire those skins. Frankly I prefer that over RNG fests like WoW where after x-number of years of trying, some people still don't have certain mounts / skins they have been farming.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My WoW account has been inactive for over a year, but it still doesn't have Ashes of Alar or Reigns of the Raven Lord unlocked :wink:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You say that but then what happens when all content is behind a paywall? If you have no content ingame for people to do to have a reason to go out into the world and get things then what is the point? If all you do is buy stuff to make your character look good so you can what, stand around LA or DR and impress the newbs? Games need objectives to do that reward things we want in order for them to stay healthy. Like it or not the carrot on a stick is part of playing these types of games the effort vs reward = more content for players to do. Otherwise you have a game that rarely adds new things and just relies on frilly pay items to hook people.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am still new so i havent run through all of GW2, but if there isnt anything in the game to drive my urge to battle and acquire and discover then it wont hold my attention long. Im not going to roll out the credit card to get a cosmetic fix for an issue that is lack of content and ingame items. We will see as i work my way through, but like i said one of the things that keeps me going is the drive to play through content and beat it or acquire things from it. Im not one to sit around for hours in a city like a statue while the peons admire my godlike gear i bought from the shop.

> > > > >

> > > > > Dont get me wrong i do buy items off the gem store, but its not taking the place of ingame content, its strictly cosmetic or utility. Like mount skins glider skin and storage.

> > > >

> > > > What content is locked behind paywall for you? :o Besides ofc LWs and Expansions that are paid content

> > >

> > > Why is it that the seasons are locked? and not all of them just ones that give you something like roller beetle or gear. I find it disingenuous that i had all the story unlocked except the chapter long live the lich that i had to buy, because of the roller beetle. The chapter before it and the ones after in the same story were unlocked. Story should be part of the game you already paid for, thats where we get into paywalls. And from what i understand there is a whole set of ascended gear locked behind season 3. Correct me if wrong but thats what i was told you have to buy season 3 to get that stuff. And my main point was about content in game, does having cosmetics you buy keep people interested in a game if there is no new content added ingame. I bought both expansions, bought a story, bought mount skins glider skin and storage and character slots, but that dont take the place of ingame content.

> >

> > Will it help if we call them DLC not seasons? And FYI they are given for free to loyal players, that have logged at least once during the release of episode.

> > Season 3 has ascended trinkets with HoT stats.

> > But you can get core tyria stats without any restrictions,HoT stats to craft armor and weapon are from HoT maps, there isn't any gear locked behind LW3 only. Most used stats for any dps in game is berserk and it's core. Anet gone far to let anyone to have maradeur that is HoT starts. If you have HoT, there are [trinkets](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Talisman "trinkets") obtainable from fractals, wvw, pvp with selectable stats and you can chose any HoT combo you want. Same goes to PoF owners without LW4, expet 'Plaguedoctor' stats combo that is very situational to have, almost none need it.

>

> The point is they are released in game as part of the content, then removed from it and made into buy items. This is what is a peeve of mine, and not all seasons do this, just ones that reward something major in the end. You know people buy this game recently and are locked out of half the story seasons. Put as much fluff and cosmetic utility stuff in the store as you want, but imo leave the story seasons in the game, they are part of it.

All seasons are paid content, given for free on release, once the next episode is live, previous rolls back to full price.

People that bought game, got what they paid for, none of the expansions says includes lw.

Seasons are DLC and that is how GW2 works. You play the game you get it for free, you late for the party, you need to buy.

Actually every living story episode is like this since season 2. You can’t just log in and claim the story then log out?

If you can’t why should you get the story for free if you can’t even get on the game to claim it?

There has to be a way for them to make money to keep the game up. That is why they charge after the period is ended.

I think the greatsword will be of water and fire. If used during daytime it looks like it’s made of fire, but nighttime water

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > > > > > I would love to see more intricate swords in this game, hunting down nice collections of armor and weapons to add to the wardrobe was a favorite pastime in wow..But there isnt a lot of variety here and definitely not a lot of stuff a player can acquire through ingame hunting or farming. This game needs more drops with more variety, i have always said that part of what makes a game great is the ability to get more through the game than a cash shop. And that is part of content to play. Im not one to sit at my pc and shop as my game content, thats not what playing a game is about.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And if GW2 was a subscription based game like WoW we would have just that, but the gem store is how ANET pays the bills, so while they do introduce new skins into the game via LS like the Requiem Armor and Dragonsblood weapons (neither of which did I care for), they release far more skins for sale either on the gem store or via BL Chests / BL claim tickets. But since we can buy gems with gold, all it takes is some in game farming or TP flipping to give a player the means to acquire those skins. Frankly I prefer that over RNG fests like WoW where after x-number of years of trying, some people still don't have certain mounts / skins they have been farming.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > My WoW account has been inactive for over a year, but it still doesn't have Ashes of Alar or Reigns of the Raven Lord unlocked :wink:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You say that but then what happens when all content is behind a paywall? If you have no content ingame for people to do to have a reason to go out into the world and get things then what is the point? If all you do is buy stuff to make your character look good so you can what, stand around LA or DR and impress the newbs? Games need objectives to do that reward things we want in order for them to stay healthy. Like it or not the carrot on a stick is part of playing these types of games the effort vs reward = more content for players to do. Otherwise you have a game that rarely adds new things and just relies on frilly pay items to hook people.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am still new so i havent run through all of GW2, but if there isnt anything in the game to drive my urge to battle and acquire and discover then it wont hold my attention long. Im not going to roll out the credit card to get a cosmetic fix for an issue that is lack of content and ingame items. We will see as i work my way through, but like i said one of the things that keeps me going is the drive to play through content and beat it or acquire things from it. Im not one to sit around for hours in a city like a statue while the peons admire my godlike gear i bought from the shop.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dont get me wrong i do buy items off the gem store, but its not taking the place of ingame content, its strictly cosmetic or utility. Like mount skins glider skin and storage.

> > > > >

> > > > > What content is locked behind paywall for you? :o Besides ofc LWs and Expansions that are paid content

> > > >

> > > > Why is it that the seasons are locked? and not all of them just ones that give you something like roller beetle or gear. I find it disingenuous that i had all the story unlocked except the chapter long live the lich that i had to buy, because of the roller beetle. The chapter before it and the ones after in the same story were unlocked. Story should be part of the game you already paid for, thats where we get into paywalls. And from what i understand there is a whole set of ascended gear locked behind season 3. Correct me if wrong but thats what i was told you have to buy season 3 to get that stuff. And my main point was about content in game, does having cosmetics you buy keep people interested in a game if there is no new content added ingame. I bought both expansions, bought a story, bought mount skins glider skin and storage and character slots, but that dont take the place of ingame content.

> > >

> > > Will it help if we call them DLC not seasons? And FYI they are given for free to loyal players, that have logged at least once during the release of episode.

> > > Season 3 has ascended trinkets with HoT stats.

> > > But you can get core tyria stats without any restrictions,HoT stats to craft armor and weapon are from HoT maps, there isn't any gear locked behind LW3 only. Most used stats for any dps in game is berserk and it's core. Anet gone far to let anyone to have maradeur that is HoT starts. If you have HoT, there are [trinkets](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Talisman "trinkets") obtainable from fractals, wvw, pvp with selectable stats and you can chose any HoT combo you want. Same goes to PoF owners without LW4, expet 'Plaguedoctor' stats combo that is very situational to have, almost none need it.

> >

> > The point is they are released in game as part of the content, then removed from it and made into buy items. This is what is a peeve of mine, and not all seasons do this, just ones that reward something major in the end. You know people buy this game recently and are locked out of half the story seasons. Put as much fluff and cosmetic utility stuff in the store as you want, but imo leave the story seasons in the game, they are part of it.

>

> All seasons are paid content, given for free on release, once the next episode is live, previous rolls back to full price.

> People that bought game, got what they paid for, none of the expansions says includes lw.

Okay then i think thats a bad way to do content, story lines that involve the game story should always be available as ingame imo. Obviously i didnt understand that when i bought the game. I assumed all gameplay content was part of the game.

> @"dodgerrule.8739" said:

> Actually every living story episode is like this since season 2. You can’t just log in and claim the story then log out?

>

> If you can’t why should you get the story for free if you can’t even get on the game to claim it?

>

> There has to be a way for them to make money to keep the game up. That is why they charge after the period is ended.

>

> I think the greatsword will be of water and fire. If used during daytime it looks like it’s made of fire, but nighttime water

This is something other games do not do, whats put in game in relation to the games story is not payed for in a shop. Cosmetic items are one thing, removing part of the games story behind a paywall is another thing completely. If people are so willing to pay the shop why not add a 10 dollar a month sub fee and just make most shop items ingame? You leave a game like wow for a few years, you can pick up where you left off, you dont lose game content because you werent playing then. I know gw2 will not survive a sub fee, thats fine i still think any story content should be included in the game

If it’s sohothin I could see it being a crystallized version with Aurenes blue and orange flame. I’m still going with it being Destiny’s Edge though. Seems too perfect not to. But I definitely don’t think it will be another combo sword. If it’s sohothin it could have a neat on crit effect, like igniting the player with the same flames as the sword.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> If it’s sohothin I could see it being a crystallized version with Aurenes blue and orange flame. I’m still going with it being Destiny’s Edge though. Seems too perfect not to. But I definitely don’t think it will be another combo sword. If it’s sohothin it could have a neat on crit effect, like igniting the player with the same flames as the sword.

isn't sohothin a SWORD not GS?

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > If it’s sohothin I could see it being a crystallized version with Aurenes blue and orange flame. I’m still going with it being Destiny’s Edge though. Seems too perfect not to. But I definitely don’t think it will be another combo sword. If it’s sohothin it could have a neat on crit effect, like igniting the player with the same flames as the sword.

>

> isn't sohothin a SWORD not GS?

Ep 6 will reintroduce Magdaer to the story, we pick up Sohothin from Rytlock and forge it into Destiny's Edge :)

(Not my theory, though I have made a thread about this as well and brought it up)

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> I'm honestly hoping for a more falchion style sword with a sand/Arabian theme or similar.

Aside from the Sunspear weapons, the only other sword I found that scratches that particular itch is: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Mistforged_Hero%27s_Sword.jpg

My Charr Rev wields two of 'em when he PvEs. I kinda love the WvW Hero weapons set :sunglasses:

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > Im hoping its sohothin as rytlock just gave it up, Id totes make that sword no contest

>

> Isnt firey dragon sword the skin for that already exists?

Not the exact skin they remodeled it with in PoF it looks different than the one we have.

> @"dceptaconroy.7928" said:

> What do guys think? Perhaps a Fire and Ice pairing..

Don't have too big hopes. HoT was launched in 2015. Until now (after almost 4 years) ANet was not able to even fulfill the agreement with the buyers - to deliver a set of legendary weapons **with a journey attached to each**. So, even if they took you the money they did not deliver what they promised.

Yes, two greatsowrds with the possibility of fusing into another third one will be great. But I'm afraid ANet will not give us even one, without the journey. Because, as all of us already know, ANet was busy with wasting time and resources on .... non viable projects instead of doing what was needed.

And now they want the players back? =).

I bet this will be a strong point: "After only 3 and a half years we finished the HoT by introducing the last Legendary weapon. And to not bother you too much with a lot of content we replaced the Legendary Journey with the Legendary Resource Waste. But, we will protect you from exhaustion: we nerfed all the sources of material ingame. So, even if you want, you cannot grind - because you have no grinding places. And even so, we took measures to not give you any method ingame to advance faster. We gated the acquirement of Mystic Coins. Also, you cannot have Mystic clovers too fast. Come back in game. This is relaxing place, with nothing to do except waiting".

At least a public apologies for this delay was needed. But .... Anet was to busy to have time for this.

Sorry for this rant. The lack of respect ANet has for its customers is truly amazing. And they want the players back?

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > I'm honestly hoping for a more falchion style sword with a sand/Arabian theme or similar.

>

> Aside from the Sunspear weapons, the only other sword I found that scratches that particular itch is: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Mistforged_Hero%27s_Sword.jpg

>

> My Charr Rev wields two of 'em when he PvEs. I kinda love the WvW Hero weapons set :sunglasses:

Kinda but falchions are two handed.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > I'm honestly hoping for a more falchion style sword with a sand/Arabian theme or similar.

> >

> > Aside from the Sunspear weapons, the only other sword I found that scratches that particular itch is: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Mistforged_Hero%27s_Sword.jpg

> >

> > My Charr Rev wields two of 'em when he PvEs. I kinda love the WvW Hero weapons set :sunglasses:

>

> Kinda but falchions are two handed.

Er...don't think so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falchion

https://www.google.com/search?q=falchion+sword&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-jprt0KDhAhUBjVkKHS1TAKIQ_AUIDigB&biw=1440&bih=750

Maybe you're thinking of a different sword then?

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > I'm honestly hoping for a more falchion style sword with a sand/Arabian theme or similar.

> > >

> > > Aside from the Sunspear weapons, the only other sword I found that scratches that particular itch is: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Mistforged_Hero%27s_Sword.jpg

> > >

> > > My Charr Rev wields two of 'em when he PvEs. I kinda love the WvW Hero weapons set :sunglasses:

> >

> > Kinda but falchions are two handed.

>

> Er...don't think so.

>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falchion

> https://www.google.com/search?q=falchion+sword&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-jprt0KDhAhUBjVkKHS1TAKIQ_AUIDigB&biw=1440&bih=750

>

> Maybe you're thinking of a different sword then?

Nope those pictures are indeed of a two handed sword.

Edit: RL two handed swords aren't as big as fantasy ones tend to be.