Infusions/Support/Feedback

Aeon.4127

So I recently messed up and had an infusion overwritten by another infusion, through support and their extremely thorough investigation (which I completely understand) I was able to get some help in resolving an issue I haven't thought I would ever experience, since I am usually extremely careful in the process of swapping gear. With this much said and done, I wanted to throw in some feedback. This is something that I believe can prevent this and cause less stress on the player and less of a headache for the support team (which did an awesome job, thx guys!). Much like other Items that request you to type out the item name in full you want to delete, is their any chance that when you are about to overwrite an infusion it can ask you the same thing, that is to type out the name of the infusion? This in my humble opinion is accident proof whereas a quick swap and a quick click while slightly distracted can mean the end of an item you most likely didn't intend on in a sense deleting, thanks!

tldr: Request infusion name to be typed out when overwriting it with another infusion.

Yes you get a pop up, but my point is that all it takes is a misclick if you're in a hurry to overwrite it, whereas for example a Boar Bristle requires you to type it out to delete it something worth 66 copper has more security behind it than something that has the potential of being worth 10k+ gold.

And also the pop up will only be shown 1 time (when you go to put the infusion in an already occupied piece of gear). so you get 1 simple pop up, that again has the potential of overwriting items well worth 01.15-10k+ gold and a quick swipe can mean all the difference.

I'm sympathetic. We all make mistakes. The problem is: ANet cannot reasonably prevent all the expensive ones, especially not without making the same mechanic cumbersome for _everyone_.

Generally speaking, everyone wants the most convenient mechanics... until just after they make a mistake, and then they want the most restrictive. That's not usually the best way to decide what's good for the game overall.

> @"Aeon.4127" said:

> Yes you get a pop up, but my point is that all it takes is a misclick if you're in a hurry to overwrite it,

I try to avoid doing anything in a hurry.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I'm sympathetic. We all make mistakes. The problem is: ANet cannot reasonably prevent all the expensive ones, especially not without making the same mechanic cumbersome for _everyone_.

>

> Generally speaking, everyone wants the most convenient mechanics... until just after they make a mistake, and then they want the most restrictive. That's not usually the best way to decide what's good for the game overall.

I agree, but I guess some people don't encounter this because they usually do take their time or are rarely distracted while playing. Personally have been swapping gear with infusions for years now and am typically very careful about this. It's simply not that I or others want to make things more restrictive when its most convenient, but rather when you are found in the position of it happening is an eye opening moment as to how easily it can happen. Pointing out items that are virtually useless in the sense of how easily they are obtainable have these restrictions, and these don't is where I stand. And lastly these items (infusions) are items typically swapped between alts to be effective in other parts of the game, and can be deleted simply by accident. I don't see this happening to me again however this doesn't change the fact that I am now more aware of how easily you can unintentionally delete an item.

I appreciate the input!