1k+ bags opened and only 2 exotics, did they nerf the amount of exotics u get this patch?

> @"TallBarr.2184" said:

> i'm not talking about unidentified gear btw, i opened 1000 bags from events in the open world, like the embroided pouches, boxes, etc. The amount of t6 u get seems reduced aswell.

>

As I understand it exotic drops from those bags should be unchanged. All they've done is replace blue, green and yellow drops with unidentified gear. So if the drop rate has gone down it would be a bug.

How many exotics would you normally expect from 1,000 bags?

> @"TallBarr.2184" said:

> i'm not talking about unidentified gear btw, i opened 1000 bags from events in the open world, like the embroided pouches, boxes, etc. The amount of t6 u get seems reduced aswell.

>

2 exotics from 1000 champ bags isn't anything close to unusual.

Specific example (from late 2015)

* 25001 Embroidered Coin Bags

* 127 exotics (including named-specific-to-this-bag), i.e. 0.5% (1-in-200)

* 831 rares, i.e. 3.3% (3-in-100)

Using 0.5%,

* The chance of getting [0, 1, 2, or 3 exotics](https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.5%25+chance+of+success,+1000+trials,+less+than+4+successes) from 1000 bags is 26%

* For [0, 1, or 2 exotics](https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.5%25+chance+of+success,+1000+trials,+less+than+3+successes), it's over 12%

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"TallBarr.2184" said:

> > i'm not talking about unidentified gear btw, i opened 1000 bags from events in the open world, like the embroided pouches, boxes, etc. The amount of t6 u get seems reduced aswell.

> >

>

> 2 exotics from 1000 champ bags isn't anything close to unusual.

Usually more then that but i guess its random.

Is there any reason why some bags still drop green/blue items on a lvl 80 char, mushroom cashes for instance.

> @"TallBarr.2184" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"TallBarr.2184" said:

> > > i'm not talking about unidentified gear btw, i opened 1000 bags from events in the open world, like the embroided pouches, boxes, etc. The amount of t6 u get seems reduced aswell.

> > >

> >

> > 2 exotics from 1000 champ bags isn't anything close to unusual.

>

> Usually more then that but i guess its random.

Sure, 74% is 'usually', and yes, RNG will give you good streaks and bad streaks; you're just having a bad one.

>

> Is there any reason why some bags still drop green/blue items on a lvl 80 char, mushroom cashes for instance.

Caches were designed to approximate direct drops from low-level foes, compared to Embroidered Coin Purses, which are guaranteed from champs and have better loot.

i.e. it's always been designed for some bags to drop better loot