SAB changes Magic find.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Maybe, but those unid rares are worth far less now.

* 17 Oct 2018: Rare unIDs trade at 16.2-16.9 silver (highest buy offer vs lowest sell listing)

* 8 Feb 2019: Rare unIDs trade at 20.2-20.9 silver (highest buy offer vs lowest sell listing)

* Today: same item trades at **19.4s-22.5s**

_edit: fixed a typo_

> @"MarkBecks.6453" said:

> > @"thehipone.6812" said:

> > Teq loot comes from chests that never were influenced by magic find. All of this anecdotal hyperventilating about MF is becoming flat out hilarious and illustrates how little the playerbase understands about the stat.

>

> Wiki has big holes in its information, I don't use it, I play the game, have done for almost 7 years, and when at Teq, I would get my blue, green, yellow and gold bags, but always loot like 5 leather pieces or scales or something, this has disappeared, and the loot I got pre patch and post patch is very different, I don't need to go and do a statistical research on an item to know its changed, as I do Teq every day. I appreciate the lesson in game structure and history, and youre remarkable insight into the very number of researched drops with percentages, but I am stating a fact. I know the unidrops are supposed to assist with storage of items, but on any map, I could open 20 green bags and get 3 or 4 rares, now blue is blue and green is green, I don't need to understand the mechanism has changed, but is this for my benefit? I'm not naïve, I know its a business, but will the changes stop when the last player leaves the map, or will they continue with every patch? for the benefit of the players of course.

The 5 leather and scales was week specific map loot for doing events. It was unrelated to magic find and the reward changes regularly

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Etria.3642" said:

> > Do you mean ascended gear doesn't drop there or ascended chests or ascended rings?

> I meant rings. Weapons do drop in open world, armor is also possible in some cases, but accesories just aren't acquirable that way.

>

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > This change actually makes getting Rare unidentifieds easier with a high MF. Repeatable Hero Points are a decent farm now!

> Maybe, but those unid rares are worth far less now. Repeatable hero point farming for rares existed before the change - and you actually had a bigger chance of getting rare reclaimed weapons then, so it was a better farm than it is now.

>

From what I've seen I've been getting tons more rares from repeatables at a more reliable rate, so its better now than it was. Rare unids will go down in value because its an across the board drop. So open them up and sell what you get from them instead.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Rare unids will go down in value because its an across the board drop.

Ecto is trading at 20-22s now; in January, it was trading at under 18s. There are multiple market forces in play, not just one:

* Supply of unID (all sorts) is up, since it now drops everywhere.

* Supply of _dropped_ rare unIDs "should" be close to the same (since it was a 1:1 replacement), _except_

* Istan nerfs reduced the rate at which unID gear (all types) enters the economy

* **However**, the supply of rares from all sources is lower now, because blue unID and green unID are no longer dropping as many.

At least for now, people are worried that the supply of ecto has been lowered permanently. Whether that turns out to be true for the long term... that's still tbd.

> So open them up and sell what you get from them instead.

Opening rare unID is currently worth ~53-57 gold, with a high variance (depends heavily on the number of exotics), whereas the sale value on the TP is ~49g. Is it worth 4 gold per stack to ID, salvage the rares, sell the exotics? That's a lot more effort, so it won't be a good use of time for everyone.

tl;dr unID rares are (currently) increasing in price, mostly driven by a perceived overall reduction in the supply of ecto. It's early days still.